New & Upcoming Games Thread

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Re: New & Upcoming Games Thread

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:32 am

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:37 am

"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:27 pm

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:05 pm

Visage has reached its funding goal with a whole month still remaining on the Kickstarter. Now it's just a matter of the stretch goals; console releases, more in-game content, et cetera.
Warren Peace, #643919

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:19 pm

GUYS, GUYS!
Look at this shit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBFO09C3aoE&ab_channel=BikestMan
This is the coolest prototype, unfortunately it didn't quite reach it's goal so the creator decided to go back and start fixing the bugs in the first game and focus on selling that to a wider audience before trying again at sometime late 2018 he said.
Here is a link to the first game's page on his website:
http://cargocollective.com/stroboskop/Sylvio-1
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:33 pm

^ That was some good stuff, too bad it didn't get funded. Nice to see modern horror games that don't rely on ZAWMBEES HURR HURR and have the player actually interacting with the world instead of just shooting stuff up. I would have bought the finished product.
[Redacted]

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:22 am

My friend who's over right now and I watched the Sylvio 2 footage above and were both unimpressed.

Then we watched this (an extended gameplay trailer of Visage linked a while ago privately to me by Blue Monday), and our reaction was exactly the opposite: https://youtu.be/bMlTSukHsX0
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:53 am

I doubt this will make it to the US. But. . .

Nisekoi is coming to Super Mario Maker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh79KOyg8SI

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:27 pm

A new game called The Solus Project is in development for XBOX One and PC. It's a first-person survival simulator that has been described as "Fallout in Space."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-so ... n=homepage

Basically your spaceship crashes on an alien world and you, without any human support or contact, must salvage parts of the wreckage as well as food and other supplies and craft stuff in order to survive. And you may not be alone. Sounds awesome from what I've read.
[Redacted]

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:36 am

Layers of Fear is officially out this month, another game that took the PT formula and ran with it, albeit with a Gothic horror tinge (think Crimson Peak) and a little psychedelia: https://youtu.be/d4jYpEjIaFA

Apparently it's really good. 96% review rating on Steam or something. I might be buying my brother's PS4 in the coming weeks, so if that goes ahead I'll probably give this a download on PSN. Will help tide me over until Visage and Allison Road at least.
Warren Peace, #643919

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:29 pm

Sony is killing production of the Playstation TV in Japan.

http://gematsu.com/2016/02/playstation- ... tion-japan

Sad to see it end so soon. It's a great product, but criminally undersupported by Sony. Basically they just launched it and forgot about it. I fully expect other regions to end production as well in the near future. Hopefully it will be hacked soon and stuff like external memory support will be enabled so those of us who own it won't have to shell out for those hideously overpriced memory cards.

*Edit* Yep, now discontinued in the US and Europe as well. Glad I bought mine while I had the chance.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/playst ... 0-6435193/
[Redacted]

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:28 pm

The shaders have been finalized for Bloodstained. They went with background 3/character 3.

http://gematsu.com/2016/03/bloodstained ... -announced

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:the question is how will the game look in MOTION.

There's a short video at the bottom of the article that shows the static model with the light source and camera being moved around it to show off the shaders. It's very low-quality footage, but should give us an idea of what gameplay is going to look like.
[Redacted]

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:10 pm

Routine looks sick. More first-person survival horror, but this time set on an abandoned moon base in an 80s inspired vision of the future. Seeing development has been ongoing for a few years now, hopefully it sees the light of day in 2016: http://routinegame.com/
Warren Peace, #643919

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:18 pm

View Original PostIronEvangelion wrote:The shaders have been finalized for Bloodstained. They went with background 3/character 3.

Also for some reason people are complaining about Miriams bust being bigger than "the norm" all over the forums and kickstarter, yeah those are certainly big but see the thing is not all women have A or B cups, some people have C cups, some have D, hell im in-between the upper end of C and lower end of D, point being big boobs are not a problem, why are people complaining about this!?

The above has nothing to do with you personally, I just needed to get that off my chest, pun intended.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:36 pm

Her bust seems well within the normal range to me, in my area I see women with breasts roughly that size pretty frequently. They're not common, but they're definitely not the unicorns internet culture makes them out to be. I guess a person's perception of normal bust size is shaped by the genetic stock in their region, since different gene pools will have different physical attributes. There's really no such thing as an average person anyhow because we are all different and averages are determined by finding a medium between those differences. Or, as a sociology textbook I once read put it, "The average person has one ovary and one testicle." ^_^
[Redacted]

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:42 pm

Do you feel nostalgic for the old-school horror games of the 1990s? Well look no further, because Tokyo-based developer Throw the Warped Code Out has the game for you. It's named Back in 1995.

http://gematsu.com/2016/03/japanese-hor ... ches-april

The game uses low polygons, special distorted textures, very difficult controls, and runs in a low resolution. It aims to reproduce the aesthetic of the horror games from the PlayStation and Sega Saturn era.

The classics reborn, down to the very last detail. :rofl:
[Redacted]

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:05 pm

^Haha, that looks exactly like my type of jam. Definitely gonna download that up if it actually does make it to the PS4.

LOVE the difficult controls, forever.
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:02 am

Seems like more and more people have start using gematsu as their source. I don't want to make any publicity for the site but during the last years it has become the number one site for me as well, especially for Japanese video game news. When it started, it was under the shadow of Andriasang, which to this date i consider superior, mostly because the owner was doing a great job translating interviews, magazine articles, twitter posts etc.
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:03 pm

So, Visage managed to get an awesome $120,129 CAD via the Kickstarter effort - funded almost four times over from the original target - and clearing the major game expansion stretch goal, although disappointingly far from the multiple endings one. Really looking forward to playing this on PS4 early next year (or later, whenever Sad Square should choose it to be released when it's ready).

Now just waiting on further updates on Allison Road and Routine...
Warren Peace, #643919

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:14 pm

City Shrouded in Shadow, a game in which the protagonist has to escape a monster-ravaged city with his love interest, has teased the addition of an Eva unit. The game already features several giant monsters from Japanese pop culture such as Godzilla and Ultraman, but in the bottom right corner of the latest image scan, you can clearly see the silhouette of an Evangelion wielding a progressive knife.

http://gematsu.com/2016/03/city-shroude ... evangelion

This is awesome, not just because it's a friggin' Eva making a cameo in a modern video game, but because this could be a sign that Khara or Gainax is looking at the video game medium seriously again for Evangelion. Maybe in the near future we'll get a current gen NON-PACHINKO Evangelion game? One can only hope. ^_^
[Redacted]

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”