Ye old Total Wars

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

xPearse
Ramiel
Ramiel

Ye old Total Wars

•      
  •      

Postby xPearse » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:41 pm

Recently replayed through two campaigns of the original Shogun first as the Shimazu on normal and then as the Uesugi on expert. Had a blast. The latter has always been my favourite faction. Reminds me how it's so much better and more fun the game is than the first Rome. Anyway, moved onto Medieval now and are playing the Viking Invasion expansion as Ireland on normal. Just got into the game and while it certainly improved over Shogun, the latter is much more nostalgic so I'm kinda leaning toward Shogun as my personal favourite Total War game. Lastly, what are your thoughts on the original Shogun and Medieval and who did you play as? Kinda interested.
Evangelion, Higurashi, Terra Formars and video game translations
http://pearsehillock.blogspot.co.uk/

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Re: Ye old Total Wars

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:34 am

Don't know if I ever had a favourite faction in the original but I did enjoy playing as the Takeda and Shimazu. I have Shogun 2 lying around and I've been meaning to play it for ages but I've never started. Mostly it's to do with the fact that it requires a 22GB patch to download right after installation/before even beginning the game, at which I baulked and kind of just went "meh". Then, not long after, that laptop died and my current rig is not sufficient to run the game satisfactorily. Having just come back from a Japan trip though and visiting heaps of historic places, Shogun 2 has been on my mind a lot. I should really get around to starting it soon. I want to play as either the Date, Chosokabe, Shimazu or Hattori. I also want to play Fall of the Samurai and have a strict no guns policy. That would be an awesome challenge.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Glor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Re: Ye old Total Wars

•      
  •      

Postby Glor » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:15 am

^It's especially challenging when you go Independent instead of Pro-Shogun or Pro-Imperial. Everyone goes out of their way to kill you while your population rebels and 20 different fleets bomb your coastal cities back to the stone age.
Amarantos - an NGE AU, beginning with Asuka, Shinji, and a garden. Take a look. Couldn't hurt.

"Anything can be Evangelion related if you have the will to twist it." -Joseki.

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”