Forum Wackiness

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Re: Forum Wackiness

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:51 am

I'm able to access the forum, but what's up with the rest of the site?

SoryuUberAlles
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby SoryuUberAlles » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:57 am

I've had a hell of a time connecting these past few days. 'Server not responding'.
"You're just turning this into a mixture of gibberish and fan service! That's not the Evangelion I know!" - An Asuka, one of many.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:32 pm

How 'bout now?
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

SoryuUberAlles
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby SoryuUberAlles » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:27 pm

consistently good but that's the last few hours versus the last few days.
"You're just turning this into a mixture of gibberish and fan service! That's not the Evangelion I know!" - An Asuka, one of many.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:22 pm

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:I'm able to access the forum, but what's up with the rest of the site?

Using nslookup, www and wiki are at IP address 23.92.18.108, which back-translates stalin.tesuji.org, which is Ornette's linode server. I didn't realise there was still any of the site still on stalin, but whatever the problem was, it seems to be resolved now.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:30 pm

I can't seem to mark a recent notification as read. Anybody else having this issue or just me?
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:49 pm

OK here; have you tried clearing the forum cookies?
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:45 pm

Nope, still getting a "something went wrong with your request" error when I try to mark things as read.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:17 pm

If it's not fixed after the next update, then it'll be worth looking into.

(Said update will have to wait until my current spate of interviews is over.)
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:36 pm

Hello,

The last few days I haven't been getting any notifications from the site. I checked my yahoo account, and the last notification I received was a PM Notification on March 30th, around 4:30 EDT, but I've had other messages and posts I should have been notified of between then and now. Not sure if this is isolated to me, or is a system wide thing.

Also, I checked spam filter and all that, and nothing has been redirected there, and I've never had a problem like this before, as I've received all my notifications since I joined the site last August.

I can upload pics if you need them, I just can't edit out personal details from my email using my phone this late at night.

Anyway, I know you guys are busy, but any solutions you may have, or even identifying the issue would be greatly appreciated. I hate making my friend wait for me to PM back.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:26 pm

Are you missing on-site notifications as well (if you have them enabled) or just email notifications?

Have you checked your "User Control Panel" -> "Board preferences" -> "Edit notification options" to make sure the correct boxes are checked?
System Administrator

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:48 pm

I haven't been getting notifications either. Board preferences haven't changed.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:26 pm

Monk Ed wrote:Are you missing on-site notifications as well (if you have them enabled) or just email notifications?

Have you checked your "User Control Panel" -> "Board preferences" -> "Edit notification options" to make sure the correct boxes are checked?

On site notifications are enabled and still work, it's just the e-mail notifications that seem to have disappeared.

I did double check the notification options last night, and those were still the same, sorry for not including that in the initial post. Being tired and making a post is not the smartest idea.

^Also looks like I'm not the only one either.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

CommanderFish
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby CommanderFish » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:13 pm

^I am having this exact same issue as well.
"The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth"

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:14 am

We're investigating now.
System Administrator

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:23 am

Thank you kind sir :asuka_thumbsup:

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:10 am

We've changed our email server as part of trying to diagnose and fix the problem. Is anything different?
System Administrator

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:00 am

No change for me yet, still no e-mails, and the board preference settings are still set the way they have been since I joined. I also included a few screenshots (which I hope help), one of the preferences, and also of my e-mail account through yahoo that I use for this site. I am subscribed to this thread, so I should have gotten an e-mail at 1:10a or something, but nothing came.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:39 am

Monk and I are trying things out - but our being in different time zones slows the process I'm afraid. Don't worry, we'll get there in the end.

I've just corrected a setting in the mail server now in use, so I'm hopeful that we're there now.

EDIT - seems to be working OK through my mail server. Next up is to find out why it had stopped working through the other mail server!
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:51 pm

pwhodges wrote:Monk and I are trying things out - but our being in different time zones slows the process I'm afraid. Don't worry, we'll get there in the end.

I've just corrected a setting in the mail server now in use, so I'm hopeful that we're there now.

EDIT - seems to be working OK through my mail server. Next up is to find out why it had stopped working through the other mail server!

Well, whatever you guys have been doing it seems to have worked. I just got my first e-mail notification a few minutes ago. Thank you guys so much for fixing that!
Put a Smile On Your Face  SPOILER: Show

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”