Forum Wackiness

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

The Eva Monkey
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: Forum Wackiness

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:51 am

I'm able to access the forum, but what's up with the rest of the site?
Webmaster, Eva Monkey; Co-founder, administrator emeritus, Eva Geeks; Moderator, r/evangelion

Check out my YouTube channel. All Eva, all the time.

SoryuUberAlles
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby SoryuUberAlles » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:57 am

I've had a hell of a time connecting these past few days. 'Server not responding'.
"You're just turning this into a mixture of gibberish and fan service! That's not the Evangelion I know!" - An Asuka, one of many.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:32 pm

How 'bout now?
System Administrator, Thread Surgeon General, Default Complaint Receptacle
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

SoryuUberAlles
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby SoryuUberAlles » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:27 pm

consistently good but that's the last few hours versus the last few days.
"You're just turning this into a mixture of gibberish and fan service! That's not the Evangelion I know!" - An Asuka, one of many.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:22 pm

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:I'm able to access the forum, but what's up with the rest of the site?

Using nslookup, www and wiki are at IP address 23.92.18.108, which back-translates stalin.tesuji.org, which is Ornette's linode server. I didn't realise there was still any of the site still on stalin, but whatever the problem was, it seems to be resolved now.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics|G+|MAL
SHE WAS ELEVEN YEARS OLD
SHE LIKED TO HELP PEOPLE

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:30 pm

I can't seem to mark a recent notification as read. Anybody else having this issue or just me?
"Here I am in the belly of the beast, and I don't even care. I don't even feel like taking a whiz on this. I used to DREAM of taking a whiz on this!" - The Monarch
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:49 pm

OK here; have you tried clearing the forum cookies?
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: Shinji feels oddly embarrassed sharing a bath with Kaworu (details); Past avatars.
Afterwards... a post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:45 pm

Nope, still getting a "something went wrong with your request" error when I try to mark things as read.
"Here I am in the belly of the beast, and I don't even care. I don't even feel like taking a whiz on this. I used to DREAM of taking a whiz on this!" - The Monarch
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:17 pm

If it's not fixed after the next update, then it'll be worth looking into.

(Said update will have to wait until my current spate of interviews is over.)
System Administrator, Thread Surgeon General, Default Complaint Receptacle
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Return to “Evageeks.org News and Feedback”