Universal Studios Japan Eva 2.0 Attraction in 2016

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Universal Studios Japan Eva 2.0 Attraction in 2016

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:12 pm

http://www.usj.co.jp/universal-cool-japan2016/evangelion/

http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-4217.html

This looks pretty cool! An Eva 2.0-themed attraction is coming to USJ some time next year. There's a very short teaser trailer up on youtube showing off some lovely CGI clips for Eva 01, 00, Zeruel, and Unit 04 of all things!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaqQh8CiqRc

It looks like Unit 04 might be the audience's PoV character for this. I'm not sure what to think of those pterodactyl wings, though. :lol:
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:05 pm

^That's really cool. (Also I wounder what the name of the VA was for the announcer).

BTW I think the wings might actually be Mark 06, just looked darker than Unit-04.

Extremely cool that the 4D ride gets a sequel, must have done extremely well.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:09 pm

The announcer sounded kinda like Gendo or Keel to me.

Grabbed some screenshots from the HD trailer. There's a lot of motion blur in it, but I got a few nice ones:

Zeruel Attacks the Audience  SPOILER: Show

Unit 04 with Spinny Drill Arms  SPOILER: Show

The abdominal armor looks red instead of black and the head is all silver. Now Kaiyodo can release a new figure! :tongue:

Attack Fail  SPOILER: Show

Sexy Zeruel  SPOILER: Show

So much cooler with textures applied!

The Hero Tokyo-3 Needs  SPOILER: Show

Unit 01  SPOILER: Show

That face isn't at all terrifying. Nope. :bigeyes:
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:02 am

What is this I don't even

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:The announcer sounded kinda like Gendo or Keel to me.

I'll second Mugihito (i.e., Keel).

Eva-04 just looks like the ENT redesign that's been already used in the pachislot games.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Re: Universal Studios Japan Eva 2.0 Attraction in 2016

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:42 pm

It's just their updated Eva THE REAL 4.D ride that they've had (Similar to the RE and other franchise-based rides). I forget what the original ride 4D Universal Studio Japan ride featured, other than apparently an original story, but this looks interesting too!
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Re:

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:52 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:I'll second Mugihito (i.e., Keel).

Now that I looked this up, I feel like it's Fumihiko Tachiki.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

FullMetalBiscuit
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby FullMetalBiscuit » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:01 pm

Is this only on in 2016? I should be going to Japan in 2017...

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:16 pm

You can get a pretty spiffy Unit 04 figure sporting the new paint scheme and weapons and a Nerv ID card!
SPOILER: Show

Source: http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-4237.html

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: Re:

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:53 pm

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:You can get a pretty spiffy Unit 04 figure sporting the new paint scheme and weapons and a Nerv ID card!

To absolutely no one's surprise, the ridiculous new weaponry is designed by Ikuto Yamashita.

View Original PostSicarius VI wrote:Now that I looked this up, I feel like it's Fumihiko Tachiki.

Mugihito's trademark is the sort of low, gravelly voice that's heard in the trailer. Pretty much all of his roles sound like that. I'd say it's either him or someone else; Tachiki would genuinely surprise me.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:53 pm

There's a new video out showing off Unit 04's new deco and the triple drill gloves: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkVUseQeR5M

That weapon has Yamashita written all over it, doesn't it? :lol: I do like the new tron lines and detailing on the Eva itself. They help it feel more like a unique Eva and less like Eva 03 with a chrome addiction.

Edit: Some pictures!

I see Mari's name mentioned in the video description, so I guess she's the pilot? She'll overtake Kaworu's record of "most Evas piloted" at this rate!

FullMetalBiscuit
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby FullMetalBiscuit » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:13 pm

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:I see Mari's name mentioned in the video description, so I guess she's the pilot? She'll overtake Kaworu's record of "most Evas piloted" at this rate!

I feel like I'm missing something obvious here, but haven't they both piloted the same amount of Eva's? Mari piloted Unit 5, Unit 2 and Unit 9 while Kaworu piloted Mark 6, Unit 2 and Unit 13.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:30 pm

Depends on how far you go into the spin-off material. Just the movies, it's 3-2 in Mari's favor. With NGE, they're tied at three each. If you factor in games, she has four (02, 05, 08 and 04 if she's really in this) and he has six (02, 04, 06, 13, a Mass Production Eva in GFoS2 and Beta).

FullMetalBiscuit
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby FullMetalBiscuit » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:37 pm

Ah, I see. I don't know anything about the games, was just counting from Rebuild and NGE.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:56 pm

Eva fan has a new post detailing some of the sweet new merch available at the attraction via a collection of tweets:
http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-4310.html

I really want one of these Unit 01 popcorn buckets! :gasp:

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:17 pm

That's so fucking cool!

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

Popcorn and Mystery, or "what exactly is this?"

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:05 am

This is an image from the Evangelion popcorn stand that recently circulated teh interwebs - to the right of Yui's popcorn-filled cranium is a white and red Evangelion I've never seen before (another image promotes Evangelion 2.0 in "Real 4D", though the unknown Eva seems to be unrelated to 2.0):

Am I just out of the loop, or this is a genuinely unseen Eva? It physically resembles EVA-03, but has its own color scheme and some sort of attachment under its forearms. Since the buckets are Rebuild!EVA-01 and the popcorn stand promotes NTE, I figured this was the place to ask.
Avatar: Apophis' shifty-looking gaze as he invades the SGC.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
The most awesome thing ever. Seriously.
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Re: Popcorn and Mystery, or "what exactly is this?"

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:07 am

Unit-04, which i believe made an appearance in the Evangelion Pachinko games
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Re: Popcorn and Mystery, or "what exactly is this?"

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:21 am

"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

kuro hazama
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby kuro hazama » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:09 am

Theres a video on youtube with the sound of the attraction, There is a lot of action going on, but it doesnt sound like Unit 04 does much at all, since all evas have their poke at Zeruel and then Unit 04(piloted by Mari and you coming along in the ride as a guest around the geofront) tries and jobs, but then Unit one does the DMS stages stuff and all happens the same as in 2.0 with kaworu stopping third Impact.

The same as the first attraction, theres a lot of foreshadowing and hinting at the story planned for the final film, and all but confirms some theories:
In the first attraction Kaworu tells Shinji he is meant to guide the Lilin, but not yet. There was some revealing stuff among Gendou and SEELE abou the pilots and some kind of SHIN(?)

This time Kaji tells Mari when 01 reachs DMS stage 2 that Shinji and Rei are indeed "compatible types" an this has made unit 01 a trigger and Mari says "So this is what Gendou´s trying, repeat the same that happened 15 years ago" and Kaji says "exactly, to explode?(I dindt get this word right as the audio is pretty bad) this world, the Third Impact has begun, and the world is going to end". At this point Mari sadly cant do anything to save you since Unit 04s out of juice but Kaworu comes in and puts Shinji to sleep for 14 years while "Tsubasa Wo Kudasai" starts playing as Kaworu descends.

All in all pretty awesome stuff, right?
the eva team

gendo team brains/pimpface
ritsuko team cyborg
Misato team berserker
aoba team undead
hyuga team psycho
ibuki psycho stalker

fuyu team badass

KRandMJ
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby KRandMJ » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:41 pm

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:I really want one of these Unit 01 popcorn buckets! :gasp:

Check eBay periodically, I saw one sell for less than $40.00 once.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xevangelion+popcorn.TRS0&_nkw=evangelion+popcorn&_sacat=0
Currently one has a Starting bid of $49.99-(6 days left). Lowest price I've seen in a while. I got one for $60.00
Usually people price them between $80.00-$120.00 :uhh:
EvaGeeks is a nightmare to navigate, still good tho.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”