A list of some of the TV shows I've binge-watched lately

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Angel
Banned

A list of some of the TV shows I've binge-watched lately

•      
  •      

Postby Angel » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:36 am

NCIS - A bunch of cops and forensic scientists solve homicide cases

Bones - a team of scientists and one cop solve homicide cases

Perception - a schizophrenic college teacher helps his cop friend solve crimes related to mental illness

Lost Girl - a bisexual succubus decides to become a freelance detective and help her cop boyfriend solve supernatural mysteries.

iZombie - a psychic zombie helps the police solve homicide cases by eating the brains of the deceased and absorbing their memories

Defiance - Main character becomes the sheriff of Defiance and solves alien-related crimes when he's not getting drunk and beating the crap out of people

Helix - a bunch of scientists from the CDC travel to various places, get their epidemiology on, and find that not all of the mysteries they encounter are disease-related

Once Upon a Time - Main character becomes the sheriff of a town populated entirely by fairy-tale characters, and finds some mysteries to solve.

Gotham - detective Jim Gordon joins the Gotham PD and promises to solve the Wayne murder case

Continuum - a time-traveling cop joins the Vancouver PD in the present day. Mysteries ensue.

I don't see any pattern starting to emerge here. :rolleyes:

Oh, and next up? The Blacklist -o-;
I'm just here for the fan art.

Blockio#938367 wrote:it will be in your best interest to shut up.

Compiling_Autumn
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Compiling_Autumn » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:07 am

no SVU? Why wallow through this crap when you could watch the only police procedural worth watching?

Besides, everyone knows that crime shows are just police state propaganda :rolleyes:
"The will to lose one's will?"
"Absolutely. The will to make oneself completely free. Will is the wrong word, because in the end you could call it despair. Because it really comes out of an absolute feeling of it's impossible to do these things, so I might as well just do anything. And out of this anything, one sees what happens."--Francis Bacon

Angel
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Angel » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:34 pm

View Original PostCompiling_Autumn wrote:no SVU?

There's an entire channel dedicated to that show, so I don't properly binge-watch it unless I'm in a hotel without my computers. The last time that happened was a while ago.

Although, I have seen it often enough that I like to refer to Gotham as Law & Order: Gotham Victims Unit :lol:

View Original PostCompiling_Autumn wrote:Why wallow through this crap when you could watch the only police procedural worth watching?

YOU TAKE THAT BACK!
I'm just here for the fan art.

Blockio#938367 wrote:it will be in your best interest to shut up.

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Trajan » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:54 pm

View Original PostCompiling_Autumn wrote:no SVU? Why wallow through this crap when you could watch the only police procedural worth watching?

Besides, everyone knows that crime shows are just police state propaganda :rolleyes:

SVU is sensationalist garbage. And poorly written sensationalist garbage at that. Not sure where you're going with the "police state propaganda" bit but most police procedurals are derivative and boring. The original Law & Order, Elementary and NCIS are the only ones worth seeking out that I've seen.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

StarShaper7
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby StarShaper7 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:30 pm

Not sure, but I think he was being sarcastic.

And does this really merit a thread of its own? Seems like it would have fit right in here.

Return to “Film and Video”