Gravity Rush

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

Gravity Rush

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:36 pm

With the announcement of Gravity Rush 2 for the PS4 and the Original as an HD port, I thought I'd make an official GR thread for the existing game, the sequel, and all future incarnations of the series.

From what we saw in the trailer, it is the continuation of the story from the first game with improved visuals and mechanics. And that's good, because far too much was left unanswered in the first game...but more on that in a little bit. We also see Raven quite a lot, and although it isn't confirmed, I am expecting her to be playable alongside Kat. The visuals naturally look better on the PS4, and Kat seems to have access to more of her gravity powers.

Not much is known about the story yet, but it does not happen in Heksville -- new pillar maybe? I am interested to see where this games takes the story, and hopefully it gives us more of the lore. Here is the official description of the game:

In the aerial city of Hekseville, reconstruction is progressing after the new weapons incident caused by the former mayor D’nelica.

After a strange gravity wave disturbance was observed, the gravity princess Kat begins an investigation with her shifter partner Raven, and Syd, a police officer.

Kat senses something strange and the area is hit by a gravity storm on an unprecedented scale. The three investigators are sucked into a gravitational whirlpool before even getting a chance to use their powers.

A remote, alternate dimension. Kat was engulfed by the gravity storm and finds herself in Banga Village, where people mine gravity ores amongst ruins for a living.

Separated from Dusty, the cat who gives her the power to manipulate gravity, Kat is without special powers, and spends each day doing hard labor in the mines.

One day she heads to work with Syd, who found himself in the same village, and a type of Nevi they’ve never seen before—called a “black insect” in this world—appears. The two are in deep trouble, but then…

The new info about GR2 ends here. The next part will be me mentioning all the things they left unanswered in the original game, as well as some lore. If anyone is knowledgeable in this topic, please enlighten me - because there are far too many loose ends that bothered me from the first game. Spoilers incoming:

SPOILER: Show

-So Kat is a Queen from above and lost her memories falling down. Why did she fall, was she pushed? Why did she lose her memories?

-An NPC mentions the story of a man who climbed up the pillar to the castle, lived there for years, came down when he was old to die in his hometown, but found out from their perspective he was only gone a few days. So the flow of time is different depending how high you are up the pillar. What happens if you go down? Kat went down to Boutoume, was there a few days, came back up and found out a year went by. Plus the kids never aged despite years passing since the bus accident. Not explained how that works.

-High above is the Sky Kingdom, and below is Boutoume, but what is beyond the gravity storm below? Another world? What is the gravity storm?

-The pillars, what are they, and how many are there? Are they alive or were they built? As seen in the game, the pillars are composed of Vertebral Columns (aka spines) on the inside, sooo are they living things?

-That girl who fell into the gravity storm came back as Raven, so she instantly aged and got powers from being in contact with the gravity storm. How does that work?

-The travelers (that scientist and his wife) never get a resolution. They're never rescued, but not quite dead either. Also, the man mentions the world is slowly sinking. Why?

-The Nevi are not explained, who are they and where do they come from. Is Kat's cat (Dusty) a Nevi?

-The old man Creator. Is he good or bad? His black eyes and constant neglect to answer important questions about himself or the world make me question his intention. Also, what the hell is he, not explained. Are there more like him?

-Cyanea is not explained. She's a girl with a soul of a "guardian" living in her and has power equal to that of the old man Creator. Yet her purpose is not fully explained, nor is her true identity. It is implied she is in a dream - probably a coma as she can't wake up. Everyone is stuck inside her dream until she wakes up. Everyone in the town are real people, just speculation but when they die, they wake up from the dream. It is implied that Kat has the power to stop her dream because she came into the dream after it already started. This plot-line needs to be expanded upon..

-The "evil" mayor is implied to knows it's a dream, and tried to destroy the town and defeat the Nevi who are Cynea's protectors (implied again), as well as kill Kat who can end the dream - all to wake Cynea up. The Mayor can be considered the good guy in this respect.

-Syd the detective guy is the thief, Alias, and he seems to know Kat outside the dream (implied). The stolen sacred crystal from early in the game is not really retrieved or mentioned again. Yet they wouldn't shut up how important it is.

-Also at the end, after returning from Hell...uhh Boutoume, the kids all fell into comas. Why?
The whole dream versus reality theme and comas are so prevalent within this game as the main plot-line, yet it is left hanging and so little is explained.

unz
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby unz » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:29 am

Wish I could try it on pc.

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:46 am

I am planning to buy Gravity Rush HD for PS4 (when i get one) because i've been hearing good things about the game as a Vita game.

Also GR2 looks beautiful. I really dig the graphics.
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:04 pm

Game looked really cool, but my budget and priorities have left me Vita-less. I'll have to pick up the remake.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:04 pm

View Original PostDima wrote:I am planning to buy Gravity Rush HD for PS4 (when i get one) because i've been hearing good things about the game as a Vita game.

Also GR2 looks beautiful. I really dig the graphics.

The vita version also looks very nice, it's probably the best looking anime game on the system.

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:Game looked really cool, but my budget and priorities have left me Vita-less. I'll have to pick up the remake.

You probably heard this before, but the Vita is such a good little system. I can't recommend it enough!

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”