09 Rei

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
514nvM!00truth-
Embryo

09 Rei

Postby 514nvM!00truth- » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:04 pm

They said - this must not be revealed. No one will believe. I said - not a big deal. Half of year and this will be no mystery anymore. Third Impact Child. Real one or just illusion... But if the world is real, then why his end and beginning should be not?

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:08 pm

It's a pity that whoever made that can't spell "archives".

And I don't see the final film appearing in a bare six months, either.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby BlueBasilisk » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:07 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:It's a pity that whoever made that can't spell "archives".

I had to double check, but that's actually Khara's goof.
SPOILER: Show

Every single page of the 3.0 theatrical book says "achives." :huh: It also has the names in their western order, too.

It's a good effort, but I believe pwhodges is right. We haven't heard a peep out of the movie yet so a ~6 month window is looking really unlikely.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:35 pm

Typically movies will start full-blown advertising far ahead of time, yeah. I agree that release is probably not in the near future.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:07 pm

If that means Shinji and ReiQ hooked up it'd bug me, since that would mean he'd traded one mother clone for another -- kinda skeevy IMO. But if it meant she was formally recognized as his sister that would be kinda cool. Too bad it's just a fan idea, but who knows?
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:55 pm

In his situation, desperate for any kind of human connection, even a fake one he'd probably take it. Ickyness of potential incest aside.

Or Maybe she changed her name out of respect to him. But it's not like she'd be accepted having Ikari for a last name. That's like calling yourself Rei Hitler/Hussein.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:15 pm

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:Every single page of the 3.0 theatrical book says "achives."

Fair enough. The copy of the same page in the booklet that comes with the BD doesn't have the word (correctly or incorrectly spelt), which is why I assumed it was a fan addition.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

unz
Israfel
Israfel

Postby unz » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:55 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:If that means Shinji and ReiQ hooked up it'd bug me, since that would mean he'd traded one mother clone for another -- kinda skeevy IMO. But if it meant she was formally recognized as his sister that would be kinda cool. Too bad it's just a fan idea, but who knows?

I don't but the hooking would be stupid I think.
He spent all of the screentime looking for a love interest which wasn't a surrogate mother like Rei and Misato, Asuka is the only option but she doesn't care at first and kaworu appears to replace Asuka. And doomsday takes place because Shinji places his needs above anything so you have all the eoe things you can remember and the Ha ending, or the instrumentality of others and the whole world, which is why kaworu is meant to accept him 100% at the cost of his very self and ultimately his life (apparently seele knows Shinji's a moron) and meet him again as a giant kaworu in eoe to trigger things (remember everyone having visions of their dear ones), how Asuka is similar to Shinji in her possessive side.....I know I'm taking a toll on grammar but yeah not seeing the kids hooking up.
Last edited by unz on Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby BlueBasilisk » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:03 pm

If Rei Q does choose a new identity for herself, I'll be surprised if she keeps either of her names and doesn't get a whole new name entirely.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:17 pm

That doctored image almost had me going for a second...

Deep in my heart, I continue to hope that Tentative Rei's new name is Tsukiko.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

unz
Israfel
Israfel

Postby unz » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:36 pm

That's one cute name.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:52 pm

Wait, it's fake? Damn!

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Rei IV » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:59 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:Deep in my heart, I continue to hope that Tentative Rei's new name is Tsukiko.

That actually makes A LOT OF SENSE and it's a rather clever name.....except Rei's no longer associated with the Moon in the theatrical movies. Kaworu upstaged her in that. Personally, I would rechristen her as Kurohime Ayanami.

:hahaha:

BTW, I read Tsukiko as Tskunio, thinking about Usagi/Sailor Moon.

-o-;

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:25 pm

Rei IV: Well, there's still the "Black Moon" (in the script, that's what the weird goblet-shaped thing is called) to keep in mind...

"Kurohime" is actually a surname, so how about Tsukiko Kurohime as her full name? :tongue:
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Rei IV » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:12 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:Rei IV: Well, there's still the "Black Moon" (in the script, that's what the weird goblet-shaped thing is called) to keep in mind...

"Kurohime" is actually a surname, so how about Tsukiko Kurohime as her full name? :tongue:

Well that was a major FAIL on my part. That actually be more awesome as it would totally disconnect her from the "original" Rei. Now I'll be laughing if come the Final theatrical film we'll see something like that played out......with the exact name.

:hahaha:

BTW, copyright that shit in case Anno and crew are browsing the Interwebz for ideas.

:lol:

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:27 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:If that means Shinji and ReiQ hooked up it'd bug me, since that would mean he'd traded one mother clone for another -- kinda skeevy IMO. But if it meant she was formally recognized as his sister that would be kinda cool. Too bad it's just a fan idea, but who knows?

Is a man not entitled to the clone of his mom?

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:30 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Is a man not entitled to the clone of his mom?

I feel as though his mom is more entitled to the clone of his mom, and wait, she already has Rei II!
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:27 am

View Original PostSachi wrote:I feel as though his mom is more entitled to the clone of his mom, and wait, she already has Rei II!

Damn. Yui has managed to become even more creepy in the NTE than she was in NGE. Well done, Anno. Well done.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:33 pm

If Rei's body discorporated inside the Eva, isn't she just Lilith again?

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:54 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:If Rei's body discorporated inside the Eva, isn't she just Lilith again?

Well, she would in NGE, certainly. But in NTE who can say?

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”