New Gamera Film!

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

New Gamera Film!

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:17 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HH0k_HNjBA
SPOILER: Show
mother of god

Edit - To be clear this is a proof of concept trailer not footage from the actual film which as far as I know has not started production.
Last edited by movieartman on Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:57 pm

That is an impressive trailer. Never been much of a Gamera fan, but I'll watch the fuck outta this movie. Between this and Anno's Godzilla it's gonna be a great year for kaiju fans!
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:50 pm

When you said Gamera I was not expecting popping eyeballs.

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:08 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:When you said Gamera I was not expecting popping eyeballs.

Heh, It's interesting, The 60s Gamera films, despite all of them but the 2nd being as campy if not more so than Godzilla vs Megalon, the monster battles were much more bloody than anything in the 50s-70s Godzilla films.
The Japanese cut of Gamera vs Gurion had Gruion completely slice a Gyaos to pieces.

The Superb 90s Gamera films (which are... probably the best giant monster movies ever), were not campy, and they didn't get as exaggerated as the 60s violence but they where still gruesome.
Last edited by movieartman on Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:08 pm

I am suddenly overcome with tremendous amounts of hype. The color and animation is gorgeous, and those freaking eyes.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:35 pm

Holy shit this looks awesome! And in the second half of the trailer is he fighting a reboot of Iris? Iris is my favorite kaiju antagonist so it'll be totally awesome if they are bringing him back for this!
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Ieyasu
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Ieyasu » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:55 am

Who doesn't love a bit of Gamera. I'll be checking this out.
WHERE'S PAUL VERHOEVEN WHEN YOU NEED HIM

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:18 am

This trailer reminds me of 90's Gamera, which was scores better than 90's Godzilla. I kinda hope this is a sequel to 1999's Gamera 3: Revenge of Iris. Tonally speaking, this trailer does seem pick up where Gam 3 left off.

View Original PostDefectron wrote:Holy shit this looks awesome! And in the second half of the trailer is he fighting a reboot of Iris? Iris is my favorite kaiju antagonist so it'll be totally awesome if they are bringing him back for this!

I agree. There are two all-time best fighting kaiju movies in my mind: The Terror of Mecahgodzilla and Gamera 3: Revenge of Iris.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:41 am

Much like Anno and Higuchi's new Godzilla, this is seriously the best news for a kaiju fan. Here's a pic out of the archive for shits and gigs; a shot of the Alpha G3 using Banishing Sword on Legendary Goji: http://i.imgur.com/msrQUKg.jpg

:tongue:

Also, I love the things the father is yelling at the kid to get him to run faster from the Gyaos in the teaser, so cute; "I'll give you unlimited game time!"
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Re: New Gamera Film!

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:23 am

When I heard Godzilla was coming back, somehow I knew this couldn't be too far behind.
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:22 pm

Between this and Godzilla: Resurgence my dong can't take this much kaiju-fueled expansion

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:57 pm

View Original Postmovieartman wrote:Image

"A Japanese kaiju monster". Is that sort of like a Japanese neko cat or a Japanese robotto robot?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:05 am

No. The Kaiju genre isn't exclusively Japanese. Think of King Kong (the old version, at least, when he was 50 feet tall), Cloverfield, Pacific Rim (OK, so that was heavily Japanese-influenced) and a lot of those "giant mutant animal" movies from the 1950s--those all have aspects of Kaiju.
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:03 am

^ The point is that "kaiju" is Japanese for "monster." When all of the words are translated into English, "Japanese kaiju monster" reads "Japanese monster monster."

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:39 am

It seems this was just a proof-of-concept trailer, and not an actual trailer for a new film. I am disappoint. :pout:

I also suspect I'm out of the loop and that this is news to no one apart from me, but such is life.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:51 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:It seems this was just a proof-of-concept trailer, and not an actual trailer for a new film. I am disappoint. :pout:

I also suspect I'm out of the loop and that this is news to no one apart from me, but such is life.

Sorry, I think when I originally made this thread I wasn't clear on that myself and once I found out I never thought to edit the opening post.

I do hope they keep that villain monster design for the final film if it moves forward.

MuscleRobo
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby MuscleRobo » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:52 am

Like that Ultraman trailer that came out what was it a year ago?

Return to “Film and Video”