Whats Your Top 5 Evangelion Fights/Moments

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Shakivara777
Embryo

Whats Your Top 5 Evangelion Fights/Moments

•      
  •      

Postby Shakivara777 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:34 am

Me:
1-Eva Unit 02'&08 VS EVA 13 & 09 From Evangelion Q
2-Asuka Eva 02 vs mass production eva's From EOE
3-Eva unit 00,01,02 Vs 10th Angel from evangelion 2.22
4-Eva 04 Vs ramiel from Pachinko game
5-eva 01 dummy plug vs unit 03 From NGE
:tojifood:
Last edited by Shakivara777 on Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shinji you fucker

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Re: Whats Your Top 5 Evangelion Fights/Moments

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:48 pm

View Original PostShakivara777 wrote:4-Eva 04 Vs ramiel from evangelion 2.22

Uh... when did Eva 04 ever fight anything? As far as I know it dirac sea'd on activation in both continuities.

Anyhow:

Asuka VS. MP Evas
Ramiel fight in 1.0
Gaghiel fight
Eva Mk. 06 descending from the moon in 2.0
The smiling Rei scene at the end of the Ramiel fight
Last edited by IronEvangelion on Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
[Redacted]

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:05 pm

Wasn't there some non-can thing when Kaworu is controlling Unit-04 equipped with a shield and Lance of Longinus? I've seen it on YouTube I swear, but I don't know what it was for.

No Order-
3.0 Space Battle
2.0 End Battle w/ Zeruel(Whole thing)
Manga Shinji vs MPEs
EOE Asuka vs MPEs
Shinji vs Kaworu/Unit-02

Edit- Found it!
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

Shakivara777
Embryo

Re: Whats Your Top 5 Evangelion Fights/Moments

•      
  •      

Postby Shakivara777 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:34 pm

View Original PostIronEvangelion wrote:Uh... when did Eva 04 ever fight anything? As far as I know it dirac sea'd on activation in both continuities.

Anyhow:

Asuka VS. MP Evas
Ramiel fight in 2.0
Gaghiel fight
Eva Mk. 06 descending from the moon in 2.0
The smiling Rei scene at the end of the Ramiel fight

you should watch this
you will see that Kaworu is piloting eva 04 like he piloted eva 02 in Nge and fighting Ramiel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_gNgJBLa1U
:kaworusparkle:
Shinji you fucker

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:20 pm

That's a non-canon video clip from a Japan-only Evangelion pachinko game, it even says that in the comments. I've seen screenshots from it before. And the Ramiel battle was in 1.11, not 2.22. Also Unit 04 was using the Lance of Longinus there, which is a one-of-a-kind weapon that NERV has locked up in Terminal Dogma (where Lilith is). If Kaworu had access to Lilith that early, he would have just completed his mission and caused Third Impact instead of fighting Ramiel.
Last edited by IronEvangelion on Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[Redacted]

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:26 pm

^^^ and ^^
That's one of the scenes from an Eva pachinko game. More in this thread -- http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/5952/CR-Evangelion-For-pachinko-not-the-movies/
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:46 pm

The Pachinko games have a lot of really neat action sequences and what-ifs, like Mari making orbit during Operation US, Unit 05 being under Misato's command in Tokyo 3 and fighting the 4th-9th Angels, and I've seen one from Q with Unit 02' fighting the 12th Angel in some kind of rocky desert.

My favorites are definitely the bonus sequences with the Mark.06. It one-shots every Angel with the Spear of Cassius, but that's still more screen time than it had in the movies and it looks cool as heck doing it! :tongue:

But for my top 5 favorite moments from the canon stuff:
1. Shinji/Asuka/Rei vs. Rebuild Sahaquiel. Fate plays a big role in this.
2. Shinji & Asuka vs. Israfel
3. Unit 01's Awakening - both versions for different reasons
4. Asuka vs. Clockiel
5. Asuka/Mari vs. Eva 13 and 09. Again, music plays a big part in this. It Will Mean Victory is a spectacular song

Special mention: The Wunder's assault on Eva 13

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:02 pm

View Original PostIronEvangelion wrote:That's a non-canon video clip from a Japan-only Evangelion pachinko game, it even says that in the comments. I've seen screenshots from it before. And the Ramiel battle was in 1.11, not 2.22. Also Unit 04 was using the Lance of Longinus there, which is a one-of-a-kind weapon that NERV has locked up in Terminal Dogma (where Lilith is). If Kaworu had access to Lilith that early, he would have just completed his mission and caused Third Impact instead of fighting Ramiel.

Not necessarily true in the setting of the new movies. We have no idea what his mission, if any, was there.

Personally, I like these what-ifs. They're neat to look at, and getting another take on the setting with professional-quality footage is quite a treat. They're worth hunting down IMO.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:54 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Not necessarily true in the setting of the new movies. We have no idea what his mission, if any, was there.

Hey, you're right. I just remembered that at the end of 2.22 he descended from the moon specifically to stop Third Impact, and in general he seems a lot more focused on Shinji than he was in NGE. Kinda weird considering what Kaworu is, but then again there's so much unexplained stuff in the rebuild. I honestly wouldn't mind if they made another movie after Final that took place during the 14-year gap, maybe focusing on the split within NERV and the founding of WILLE.
[Redacted]

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:23 pm

They definitely present him as s more heroic character in these games. Check this out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEtdxayJ4wY

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:36 pm

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:They definitely present him as s more heroic character in these games. Check this out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEtdxayJ4wY

It's pretty cool that each of the pilots gets their own win scenario, and with a teamwork scenario thrown in as well! Nice! But it looks like, if you lose, Kaworu shows up and cleans up your mess. Boo to that.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

I SAW NOTHING! BD

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:29 pm

*I'm not reading this, I'm not reading this.*
SPOILER: Show

I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENS IN 3.33, YOU CAN'T TELL ME, LALALALALALALALALALALA! Image

EVA-01 BLOWING UP LELIEL WAS JUSTICE, RIGHT GUYS?!? AND RAMIEL CATCHING FIRE? AND RITSUKO PROGRAMMING DEATH? AND KENTUCKY AND ILLINOIS RAMMING THE FISH?

AND THAT TIME IN EOE WHEN THE TRUCK WAS HIT BY AN AT ROUND AND LEAPT BRIEFLY INTO THE AIR? I CAN'T GET THAT OUT OF MY HEAD YOU GUYS! I KEEP IMAGINING IT HAPPENING TO TRUCKS I SEE ON THE FREEWAY!
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:56 am

I was thinking of actually explaining why these are my top five, but then I realized that I would ramble on too long and the post would never happen.

- #02: Eva-01 vs. Sachiel
- #18: Eva-01 vs. Eva-03/Bardiel [2.22 version is fine, too]
- #19: Eva-01 vs. Zeruel
- #24: "Ode to Joy" sequence
- #25': Team Soryu vs. Harpy Bitches (II Air & Munashiki Nagare)

I'm sticking to original series on account of these scenes having affected me fifteen years ago when I was still moderately young and impressionable. This shit is planted deep in my psyche, yo. The new movies have some impressive sequences, but they will never captivate me on the same level, never touch me as deeply.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:06 am

I was gonna write a list for this thread, but I realized that:

1. I don't do lists. (Not even favorite movie lists.)

2. This list doesn't count.

3. All 5 spots would be taken up by the Zerul/10th NTE Angel battle anyway, because the awesomeness of that battle consumes me every time I think of Eva battles in general.

4. The tones, moods, and themes in Eva battles are way too eclectic in order for me to not think that I'm comparing apples to oranges every time I select more than one Eva battle to think about.

5. Asuka's Final Battle would be in that list somewhere if I were to write it despite the entire list being consumed by Zerul/10th NTE Angel battle, simply because Asuka fighting giant, monstrous, hollowed-out humanoids being manipulated by the remnants of Kaworu's deceased conciseness is way too fucked up to not list somewhere.

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:38 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:1. I don't do lists. (Not even favorite movie lists.)

But... But you just made one.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

ChaudSept
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ChaudSept » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:09 pm

Every moment in 2.0 pretty much :|

- The rush of the 3 Evas to catch Sahaquiel/8th, because Destiny ffs.

- When DummyEva-01 rekts the third one with Asuka in it. Because this scene mixed with Kyou no hi wa sayounara makes me emotional.

- The arrival of the 10th/Zeruel, because In my spirit is the best them ever. Rei running towards it is also pretty good.

- Shinji saving Rei, because Tsubasa wo kudasai makes me so damn emotional.

- The final scene of EoE (kinda final I guess), because Komm susser tod is a masterpiece. And it makes me emotional.

And nope, the soundtrack doesn't influence how I appreciate a show.
At the very Beginning is playing.
Imagine. You’re driving home, you’re in a forest and the road is straight. You can easily see the skyline. Night is almost upon you yet you feel the sun behind the clouds. The sky gets darker and darker as the cumulonimbus spread shadow across the land. Rain drops lightly it seems as though they’re announcing the venue of something greater. All the way down the horizon you see a storm forming. You keep driving, the clouds doesn’t scare you yet you worry. You should. The tempest is fully formed, now the song is midway and you see light, white light illuminating the vale. The lightings are close even though the thunder remains quiet to your ear.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:48 pm

View Original PostSicarius VI wrote:But... But you just made one.

That was (not) a list. :wink:

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:17 pm

View Original PostChaudSept wrote:Every moment in 2.0 pretty much :|

Some of those didn't involve fighting. :tongueflap:
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

ChaudSept
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ChaudSept » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:23 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:Some of those didn't involve fighting. :tongueflap:

But moments do count! OP said it.
Thank god I'm safe.
At the very Beginning is playing.
Imagine. You’re driving home, you’re in a forest and the road is straight. You can easily see the skyline. Night is almost upon you yet you feel the sun behind the clouds. The sky gets darker and darker as the cumulonimbus spread shadow across the land. Rain drops lightly it seems as though they’re announcing the venue of something greater. All the way down the horizon you see a storm forming. You keep driving, the clouds doesn’t scare you yet you worry. You should. The tempest is fully formed, now the song is midway and you see light, white light illuminating the vale. The lightings are close even though the thunder remains quiet to your ear.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:43 pm

View Original PostChaudSept wrote:But moments do count! OP said it.

Oh, I guess that is a slash there and not just weird grammar. My bad. (I'm too used to glancing at the URL for thread titles.) :lol:
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”