[LAEM] Who would you be?

The place for all of the old Live Action Evangelion Movie threads.

Moderator: Board Staff

ccat*confuser
Embryo

Who would you be?

Postby ccat*confuser » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:33 pm

Yo. Obviously, we all love eva, and most of us would love to be involved in the live action version, in some way, shape, or form. Which way would any of you like to participate in? Would you want to be an actor/animator? Who would you want to be?

post pictures if you wanna :D

PS: this is not for any sort of recruitment. I'm just a sad little fan, nothing else ^o^

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby cat42 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:01 pm

Writer, but as part of a team, not by myself, so that if any of my ideas piss off fans (like Cutting out Matarael, or killing Toji) I can always blame the other writers, and take credit for the ones that please fans, whether they are mine or not.
:D

The senario I have worked out though makes me think that maybe this actually can be done well, with the right director, and done as a trilogy...

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

Postby jcmoorehead » Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:21 pm

Ideally i'd love to act in it as Shinji, but I can't act, i'm 18 and I look nothing like Shinji so that would never happen, and it'd go against my idea of the actor should be 14 and look like Shinji.

I really don't know what i'd like to do, I think just being an extra would do it for me, just being able to say I was a part of it would be awesome.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:13 pm

Given that I'll be graduating from film/video studies in May, and the project won't be getting into production until then, I would love to serve as some sort of production assistant or creative consultant. I would also be interested in being a web designer or part of the marketting and advertising team.

In my case, I will be seriously pursuing working professionally on this project. I will get no better doorway into the industry than live action Evangelion.

chocomanji
Lilith

Postby chocomanji » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:49 pm

I'm in the same boat as EM... I'm also pursuing a VFX/modeling job with WETA on the Live Eva project. I plan on going to Grad school in New Zealand, so it's a start.

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

Postby BobBQ » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:18 pm

I could write or do technical designs, but that's about all.

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hunter21 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:31 am

I would like to replace Matt Greenfield's position in this whole debacle. I don't like his "view" of NGE and I think the movie/s would turn out better if he wasn't involved.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

ccat*confuser
Embryo

Postby ccat*confuser » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:30 am

Thank for replying!

As far as my involvment (or wanna-be-involvment...) goes, I would love to play Rei, Asuka, or hikari. But any 15 year old fangirl would, yeah? Anyways, I'll be way too old by the time production actually starts. Now if I aged say, 20 years, I'd want to be Ritsuko.

But saying that, I'd feel really privaleged just to be an extra. haha. I'll post a picture later. All I have are cosplay ones, and I hardly look like myself in those.

Hunter: What exactly is his view? All I've really heard him say is stuff disspelling casting rumours...

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:34 am

Hunter21 wrote:I would like to replace Matt Greenfield's position in this whole debacle. I don't like his "view" of NGE and I think the movie/s would turn out better if he wasn't involved.

I have to agree. With each passing year, the people of ADV seem more and more concerned about making money and building up themselves as being important. And when I say important, I mean to say that they are viewed as more important than the original cast and production team. I've been to quite a few of their panels at conventions, and there's a strange, almost cult like atmosphere to the affair.

I'm hoping that as a producer, he will function as he ought to. A producer is a facilitator. Producers don't really make creative decisions. They organize people and see to it that the director has everything they need so that they can direct. Arguably, the only significant creative control a producer has is in who is picked to work on the project.

Still, I would feel a little better if the project was helmed by someone with better intentions at heart. I really don't feel like ADV is doing this for the right reasons. It still impresses me as a money making ploy, both in terms of the movie making money if it gets made, and the buzz it produces for the company in the meantime. I would venture to say that the announcements of a live action Evangelion movie has made a few people say "Wow, if the LotR guys are working on it, Eva has to be good. I think I'll go check it out.".

End rant.

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby cat42 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:16 am

The Eva Monkey wrote:...And when I say important, I mean to say that they are viewed as more important than the original cast and production team. I've been to quite a few of their panels at conventions, and there's a strange, almost cult like atmosphere to the affair...

I think they started feeling like that because fans started treating them like that, as rabid Eva fans want desperately to know more about the show from the creators, and sadly, ADV is more than willing to be the proxy.

The Eva Monkey wrote:...I'm hoping that as a producer, he will function as he ought to. A producer is a facilitator. Producers don't really make creative decisions. They organize people and see to it that the director has everything they need so that they can direct. Arguably, the only significant creative control a producer has is in who is picked to work on the project...

In a perfect world, this would be true. But in the real world Hollywood, it really isn't. The producers are the one's who are in control of the money, meaning producers have the power to fire the director if the director makes them unhappy. Aside from Spielberg, very few directors get final cut. That is why you have so many DVDs that have a "Theatrical Version" and either an "Unrated version", or a "Director's Cut".

Gendo2.0
Embryo

Postby Gendo2.0 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:51 pm

Gendo ofcourse ^^

i know i dont have the shirt or the glasses or the right gloves, but ill have them at oni con at the end of the month

ccat*confuser
Embryo

Postby ccat*confuser » Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:19 pm

cool cosplay! Maybe I'll post a cosplay picture too....later....

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

Postby slothen » Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:54 pm

If i was 6 years younger, I'd play kensuke. I vividly remember my days playing make believe war games in the backyard.

If I was 30 to 40 years older, I would be Fuyutsuki. Playing the quiet, second in command to a confident maniac seems like a role I've been in several times already.

As it is I think it would be cool to work on WETA's miniature team. They've done some amazing work and I'm excited to see what they'll accomplish now.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Crusaious27
Embryo

Postby Crusaious27 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:08 am

Toji. I'm fifteen, look just like him, and have a pretty Americanized version of his voice.

Darius
Lilith

Postby Darius » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:10 pm

You know...If I was a girl...no..If I was a girl that was the exact same as me but being a girl would only be the difference I'd have to be Asuka..cuz her and I are so damn similar its creepy.

O the other hand, since i'm not, I guess i'd like to be Toji...I have traits of all the characters but I definetly would not wanna be Shinji..lol

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:35 pm

Gendo2.0 wrote:

need about another 4 or 5 inches on your blazer sleeves

master0rolando
Ireul
Ireul

Postby master0rolando » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:10 am

i look like Shinji...but im a little too old...

id like to help with cast directing...try to find actors, not celebrities

also since i really want to get into directing and story making...id love to direct...or figure out the plot (what to use, what to cut...where it goes)

i dont think id be a good script writer though...id probly come up with somethin corny

i think as far as the Eva movements, and whatnot id be a pretty good action coordinator...i did a project where we had to choreograph a dance and the guy said id be good at that as a job...its very similar...

i hope the commentaries are more informative than the ones on the show...i always watch commentaries on animated films so i can learn about this stuff...the highest point my life will be my accepting the Oscar for Best Animated, or better Best Picture...thats not a question

Szmitten
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby Szmitten » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:36 am

I AM Kaji.

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

Postby BobBQ » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:58 am

I demand photographic evidence.

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident