Eva FINAL Winter 2015 rumor (again again)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Eva FINAL Winter 2015 rumor (again again)

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:48 pm

This just Japanese fans hoping? Was linked to by a Twitter follower of mine, but I thought this was just another old rumor:

~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:01 pm

1) It's too soon.
2) titles doesn't really sound believable
3) probably a hoax

darkrising474
Embryo

Postby darkrising474 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:07 pm

If you click on the source in the article it brings you to buzz-plus and there is a trailer there of 3.0+1.0.
Praise the sun

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby BlueBasilisk » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:09 pm

Google translate is as spotty and unreliable as usual, but it says this was found in the July 16th issue of Shukan Bunshun magazine?

It's not impossible and it leaves the timeframe rather vague, but that does seem awfully soon considering we've heard virtually nothing about the movie yet. Didn't we have the first trailer for Q by this time?

darkrising474
Embryo

Postby darkrising474 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:12 pm

Well the trailer kind of looks fake, its just scenes from the previous rebuild movies and I think the first part of the trailer is from some drawn out video related to 3.0. Any confirmation if this is real? I really like the title, did not see that one coming.
Praise the sun

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Guy Nacks » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:16 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:1) It's too soon.
2) titles doesn't really sound believable
3) probably a hoax

1) It's been almost three years since the last film came out, it's due.
2) The last film had way more of a dumb-sounding title.
3) Most likely.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby BlueBasilisk » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:16 pm

The trailer's definitely fake. If you follow the link to the youtube page it was published in late 2013.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:30 pm

The trailer's old and fake, yep.

The original article states the source for the Winter 2015 date is page number 139 of "Shukan Bunshun" from July 16, 2015.

It's also speculated due to Utada working on a new album/song after the birth of her child: http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/17595/Hikkis-childbirth-and-new-album-announcements/

It's also 3 years from the previous work (November 2012 for Eva Q).

So...speculation again?

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Sicarius VI » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:43 pm

Well Anno wouldn't be working on it right now anyway. So I don't see the debate here.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:50 pm

He hasn't even started production on it, and he's delaying working on it to do his Godzilla film.

Anno, I don't want to be rude, but you aren't getting any younger. Worse than anything is a lack of closure.

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Sicarius VI » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:56 pm

^ Yup.

Also for the title, I would suggest- You can (not) Run.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

Stillborn
Banned

Postby Stillborn » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:01 am

View Original PostRay wrote:He hasn't even started production on it, and he's delaying working on it to do his Godzilla film.

Anno, I don't want to be rude, but you aren't getting any younger. Worse than anything is a lack of closure.

Maybe he plans to pull of R.R Martin and die before series is concluded as a final act of spite towards audience. I've seen enough paralels between these two, to deem it possible :tongue:
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:03 am

If it ain't on the official site, it's fake. I can't recall the amount of times I've said it. As much as I want Shin to come out, I've gotten fake-hyped enough times that seeing false reports just bores me and makes me wish I had better things to spend my energy on.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:55 am

Yep. If it ain't on the official site I'll ignore it. This isn't exactly the kind of project that is going to have leaks. The first news will always come from the website.

Now Fall 2016 could happen if Anno laid a good production schedule for his team & dives right into it once he finishes work on Godzilla.
But Summer/Fall 2017 (the 20th Anniversary of End of Evangelion) is probably what we're looking at.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:54 am

It's the same magazine that made this claim last year based on the Utada last album rumor.

To keep in mind:
-back then it was not Utada's view, it was some random record company's source's wishful thinking
-the record company has no control over a movie release just to coincide with their own album
-this new rumor is the magazine doubling down on the two above now that the new album has been actually announced by Utada and this is again not coming from Utada herself or a reliable source

Both Evafan comment section and twitter is full of people calling bullshit on this.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:43 am

View Original PostRay wrote:

I wouldn't worry about that yet. GRRM's still playing that game with the GoT fanbase, much to their chagrin.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby hui43210 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:24 pm

Seeing as they promoted 3.0 about 1.5 years in advance, I'd doubt they'd drop the release so short in advance and with little fanfare, Eva is kinda big in Japan. The only way I'd see that happen is if the Khara shorts somehow ended with a release date, but 2016 is far more realistic.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:47 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:It's the same magazine that made this claim last year based on the Utada last album rumor

Jeez, they just don't want to give up, do they?

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:25 pm

Looking through the comments on the Evafan blog reporting this, on top of Animator Expo and Godzilla getting in the way of work some are saying releasing it to compete with Star Wars Episode 7 would be a bad idea :lol:
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Lennik
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Lennik » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:38 pm

View Original PostStillborn wrote:Maybe he plans to pull of R.R Martin and die before series is concluded as a final act of spite towards audience. I've seen enough paralels between these two, to deem it possible :tongue:

But George Martin is alive.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”