Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Localized...though half assed

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Localized...though half assed

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:25 pm

So if nobody heard the news yet, Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth will be released outside of Japan in 2016. Exciting as this may seem to us all, Namco made horrible choice to release it on the ps4 physically and vita digitally...

The game is a vita exclusive in Japan and plays similar to shin megami tensei games, in the sense that it's a turn based rpg where you befriend monsters in a digital world. It's a type of game that you will need to grind in while in bed or sitting on the couch watching TV. Having to plant your ass on the couch so that you can grind for 30min on a big screen is not appealing at all. Plus don't forget the graphics, portable game on a big screen...Type-0 HD anyone?

From what I understand it'll be sub only, so it's a cheap localization. Which begs the question, why was the fanbase who petitioned and asked for this game so undeserved? It's the hardcore fans who were begging for this game and buying vita's for niche Japanese games such as this. The ps4 is more deserving of a digital copy than the vita. Many fans will skip this game if it's digital only, and for those who will buy it, it's a slap in the face. Especially with the prices of vita memory cards..

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:48 pm

They said digital on Vita and retail on PS4 only in USA. Maybe Europe and Asia will receive a physical VITA copy too.

I know where you are going but the fact that we are getting the game localized is already big news. There are like 5 Digimon games that were released on PSP, DS, 3DS and we never got them.

Also by subbing the game and not dubbing it, companies can bring their games from Japan to the west without spending much money because they know these games will not set the charts on fire so they are looking to make a profit. I am talking only about anime and niche franchises and not big Japanese games like FF, DQ or Metal Gear.
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:03 pm

View Original PostDima wrote:They said digital on Vita and retail on PS4 only in USA. Maybe Europe and Asia will receive a physical VITA copy too.

Europe both PS4 and Vita digital only

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:16 am

That's even worse then!

Last hope is Asia. Many of the Bandai Namco releases there have retail copies and english subs like Sword Art Online Lost Song.

It's nice that since PSP all Sony's consoles are region free.
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”