Rumor: WB Montreal (Arkham Origins) is making Superman game

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Rumor: WB Montreal (Arkham Origins) is making Superman game

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:37 am

Since Arkham Knight is the last Batman game (for now), it seems like Warner Bros will choose another hero to take his place and that hero is Superman.

This seems to be a leaked photo from the game. To clear some things. For a long time now it is heavenly speculated/hinted/leaked that the next Montreal game after Arkham Origins would be a Suicide Squad game. A Superman rumor also appeared one time but since then nothing was reported again (unlike the Suicide Squad game). So don't blame me if the screen is a fake (or Superman is just part of Suicide Squad).

Either way it would be interesting to see if WB could give Superman the Arkham treatment.
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

EvangelionGodMode
Sachiel
Sachiel

Re: Rumor: WB Montreal (Arkham Origins) is making Superman g

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionGodMode » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:19 am

View Original PostDima wrote:Since Arkham Knight is the last Batman game (for now), it seems like Warner Bros will choose another hero to take his place and that hero is Superman.

This seems to be a leaked photo from the game. To clear some things. For a long time now it is heavenly speculated/hinted/leaked that the next Montreal game after Arkham Origins would be a Suicide Squad game. A Superman rumor also appeared one time but since then nothing was reported again (unlike the Suicide Squad game). So don't blame me if the screen is a fake (or Superman is just part of Suicide Squad).

Either way it would be interesting to see if WB could give Superman the Arkham treatment.

t

Wait is this in the arkham knight or is it something else
Bong. James Bong. Bruce lee the way I kick it, Tiger Woods the way I hit it.-Blake ,Workaholics.
To put it in laid man terms, hes getting laid man.-Blake, Workaholics.
"You shoulda known the price of evil"-M Shadows

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:29 am

Something else. Somebody posted it on twitter and he took it from a WB community forum i think?
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:30 am

[DELETED]
Last edited by Ray on Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:34 am

View Original PostRay wrote:But in all. Seriousness, it's impossible to make a Superman game that is both a) fun to play and B) true to the character of superman.

I thought the same when i heard about a new Batman game for next gen (PS3, 360 era) and look how it turned out.

If it's the same team that handled one of the Arkham games then i think there is a chance it won't turn out bad.

EvangelionGodMode
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionGodMode » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:36 am

It have to be in the style of the Iron Man games, just not stupidly repetitive and have a more advanced combat system. Superman is so powerful in the comics now though i don't know if they be able to give him a game to do justice. If they do make it they need to take inspiration from man of steel and how destructive superman really is.
Bong. James Bong. Bruce lee the way I kick it, Tiger Woods the way I hit it.-Blake ,Workaholics.
To put it in laid man terms, hes getting laid man.-Blake, Workaholics.
"You shoulda known the price of evil"-M Shadows

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”