Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Leiji Matsumoto thread

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:54 pm

A thread for all things Leiji. if there's anything about his work you want to talk about, then you are more than welcome to talk here.

Let us start with something i noticed. in the recent manga Space Pirate Captain Harlock - Dimension Voyage, we get this spread

SPOILER: Show

The ship on the bottom left is called the Astoria and is based on the Jasdam from Dangaurd Ace (which if i recall, was a major influence for Gunbuster)

If you look closely, you can see it carrying the D-Gaurd

and what pose is the D-Gaurd making i wonder :wink:

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:01 am

Out of all the characters that are in the Leiji-verse, I think it's safe to say that Maetel is by far the one who draws me in the most.

Not only do I love her design (her willowy looks make it look like she's come right out of a fairy tail), but she's probably the single most tragic character in the entire series, if you take into account "Space Symphony Maetel" and the Galaxy 999 series.

Everything she's done, everything she's lost....it's a wonder how she's put up with all that loss for so long (if you take into account that she's A LOT older than she claims to be).
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:15 am

Ah FINNALY a reply. So, have you heard the news?
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:38 pm

Is there a Yamato x Harlock crossover?
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:01 pm

No (at least, not as far as G-Yamato cameoing in the image at the top of the page)

Matsumoto's current manga has been announced to become adapted into an anime movie (and its rumored Leiji himself is directing)
http://www.tokinowa.net/viewtopic.php?p=78550#78550
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

Dr. Nick
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Dr. Nick » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:49 pm

Leijiverse and Slayers are two big franchises that I want to get into, but they're both so dauntingly big that I keep putting it off (and that's even though I know that with Leiji Matsumoto's series there's no need to pay attention to continuity). One day I will stop nibbling at the edges and take the proper Leijiverse plunge, I promise.

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:55 pm

In the meantime, why not talk on what he's doing currently hmmm?

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:10 pm

As per Arcadia's request, it looks like Harlock is getting another Manga, at least from what I can gather. :)

Tokomon Harlock Manga

Harlock's Legacy will FOREVER LIVE ON!
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:45 am

Thanks buddy, I owe you one :glomp:

Also, HUZZAH Kei Yuki finnaly gets her own fighter, and of the Harlock custom (as apposed to a
Regular fighter)

Iv'e also noticed this in the manga

Apparently Kei has an ancestor who, according to this tombstone, was a DNA sights Miraizer from earth. A nod to both DNA sights 999.9 and Miraizer ban

Return to “Anime and Manga”