FUNimation Signs Distribution Deal With NBC Universal

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

FUNimation Signs Distribution Deal With NBC Universal

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:06 pm

Don't know where the best place is for this, because this doesn't necessarily pertain to Eva per se, but this is kind of a big deal.

[url]http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/06/23/funimation-entertainment-and-universal-pictures-home-entertainment-sign-distribution-deal[/url]

That being said, I wonder what this could mean for FUNimation potentially picking up the NGE BluRei rights?
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:11 pm

It means NBC might actually get a decent show for once. :lol:

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:15 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:It means NBC might actually get a decent show for once. :lol:

I love how the whole "NBC sucks" joke has been around since at least the '70s, yet they had Seinfeld, Cheers,Friends, The Office, Parks and Recreation, SNL,The Cosby Show, and Hannibal.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:17 pm

My guess -- and this is complete speculation -- is that the market for physical media is shrinking every year, and for physical-store sales even more, so this allows Funimation to focus on online presence and offload the details of getting product to stores to Universal.

Then again, I am one of those people who still buys physical media. If I could legally pay to download DRM-free, high-res files, I'd probably stop buying discs, though.

View Original PostGuy Nacks wrote:I love how the whole "NBC sucks" joke has been around since at least the '70s, yet they had Seinfeld, Cheers,Friends, The Office, Parks and Recreation, SNL,The Cosby Show, and Hannibal.

You forgot 30 Rock and Frasier.

Return to “Film and Video”