Dishonored II

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Dishonored II

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:39 am

DISHONORED 2

Yeaheahhaha! Now we're in business baby!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMjXIt9gvTY

Let me be a fanboy for a minute, I LOVE the original Dishonored for PS3. Dishonored was one of the games from the last console generation I didn't just like, but thoroughly ADORED. I love the dark moody industrial world of Dunwall and the Isles. I love the HP Lovecraft influenced mythology of this fantasy universe. I love how it's so different from other high fantasy universes, I imagine if Westeros in Game Of Thrones ever went through an industrial revolution, it would look something like Dunwall and the Isles.

It didn't do much new in terms of gameplay mechanics, but the simple first person espionage and assassination is both simple, and really complex. You can go about making it your own game in so many ways. It only made sense to give it a sequel.

Judging from the trailer, it appears to happen after one of the two good endings in the original game. Considering one of the two main characters from the first game is still alive and kicking.

It also appears to be taking place roughly ten years after the original Dishonored, and implies through the Outsiders narration that the whole Empire has fallen apart at the seams following the events at the end of the first game. The action has shifted from the plague infested Dunwall, to the city or Karnaca, a city considered by many in the empire to be cosmopolitan and a symbol of the best the Empire of the Isles has to offer. But with every great empire, there is a corrupt elite seeking to gain power and keep it.

I really like how they have the level of Technology in the game has apparently progressed somewhat since the first game. The steam and dieselpunk technology still exists, but now they have Automated Magical Clockwork robots.

So needless to say, I'm looking forward to this. Are you? Watch the trailer and tell me what you think.

Logoguy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Logoguy » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:57 pm

Never finished the original game, because it felt kinda slow.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good game. It's just one of those games that takes awhile to get into, I'll probably end up finishing it at some point. The one thing that always irks me; it's supposed to be set in IR England, yet all the characters have american accents (lol wtf :tongue: ).

Anyway, watched the trailer and all I can say is:

Dem bots.
"The world is sick because our symbols are sick... and the purest of us are its victims." -King Lear

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:13 pm

View Original PostLogoguy wrote:The one thing that always irks me; it's supposed to be set in IR England, yet all the characters have american accents (lol wtf :tongue: ).

The game is supposed to be in another world. :tongue:

Anyway, big hype as I too love this game, although I'm intrigued by the bots, that's quite the huge technological leap we got here: in 15-20 years we came from steampunk to AIs and modular house! :bigeyes:
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:26 pm

I think what Logo was trying to say is how it's weird that a fantasy world based on England, doesn't have people speaking with British Accents.

It would be like Peter Dinklage playing the character of Tyrion in Game Of Thrones. But instead of his typical clear 'European' Accent the character speaks with, he instead spoke with his real life voice, with has a New Jersey Accent.

Logoguy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Logoguy » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:04 am

Oh you're right! :doh: I was under the impression that the game took place in actual England.

As Ray correctly pointed out, it's set in a fictional world BASED on England. Also, I've started playing it again, though I can't understand why I'm being given mundane tasks this far in. :huh:
"The world is sick because our symbols are sick... and the purest of us are its victims." -King Lear

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”