Michael Bay's Evangelion?

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:30 pm

Japan (at least some Japanese fans on my Twitter TL) are aware of that parody. Oh dear. -o-;

http://www.kotaku.jp/2015/06/if-michael-bay-directed-neon-genesis-evangelion.html
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:59 pm

Can we stop joking about Michael Bay directing Evangelion before he takes all the jokes as serious and actually directs a horrible Live Action Eva?

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:29 am

He's already said that he isn't going to do it, so I don't think you have to worry about it on that front.

Tumbling Down
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Tumbling Down » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:18 am

This still isn't on the Evageeks front page? It's been weeks.

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:39 pm

HEY. ASSHOLE!

I'M ON A GIANT ROOBOOOOOOT!!!!
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:35 pm

View Original PostTumbling Down wrote:This still isn't on the Evageeks front page? It's been weeks.

It was mentioned in (at least 2?) threads and on the EGF Twitter. Not everything's caught quickly enough to go on the Front/News page.

Plus, we've mentioned before that us Staff/Helpers could always use more help with coverage on the News page, but nobody's really offered to help.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:14 am

View Original PostTumbling Down wrote:This still isn't on the Evageeks front page? It's been weeks.

Why should a debunked rumour be on the front page anyway? It's been dealt with in the forum as much as it deserves.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:30 am

^
Not the rumor, the video that was posted.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:40 am

The stupid parody? Why would that be put anywhere other than a joke thread?
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:32 am

^
Funi recognized personally and used it as advertisement for 3.33.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

Bhorium
Adam

Re: Michael Bay's Evangelion?

•      
  •      

Postby Bhorium » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:06 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:Still, that gave someone an excuse to create THIS.

Even for a parody it is missing a lot of crucial Michael Bayish elements. It is far too faithful to the source material, there is no fetishizing of the American military, no (more or less) vaguely offensive ethnic stereotypes, and not nearly enough explosions.

In Michael Bay's Evangelion, the setting would be Los Angeles, Shinji would be named "Sam Ingram", and there would be at least one scene where Sam poses in front of a waving Stars and Stribes, set against the light of a Califonian sunset, with several military helicopters flying by in the background. Meanwhile, Kensuke and Toji's roles would be probably expanded upon, but mostly for "comical" relief purposes. Toji's character would be changed into "Tyrone", Sam's stereotypical black friend who's main trait is that he says "Aw, hell naw!" a lot, while Kensuke would be "Ken Isackson", the butt of several "Heh, nerds sure are lame, iamrite, guys?! :hahaha: " jokes. The only thing that wouldn't be changed in any way would be the Langley in Asuka's name.
Anybody remotely interesting is mad, in some way or another.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:33 pm

Well they do have to make it generic enough so the stoners who don't know what evangelion is can have a laugh. That, and they do have an extremely tiny budget.

I'd like to see Adi Shankar go all the way with the concept you just posted, and play it straight. Just to emphasize how much of a bad Idea adapting a Japanese Property for the dumb "Michael Bay" demographic that makes him billions at the box office every year really is
Last edited by Ray on Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:51 pm

And then imagine internet explode from comparisions between Sam and Shinji, being massively in Sam's favour.

Of course Eva fanboys will keep on defending original for no other reason than that they are Eva fanboys and Anno is an infaillable genius in their eyes.

And all those fics that would appear starring Sam and making Shinji even more of a failure... Oh boy I can hardly wait :rolleyes:
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

zlink64
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby zlink64 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:55 am

If Micheal bay made evangelion it would be like M. Night Shyamalan and Avatar all over again. Like someone would seriously have to create a petition to stop Bay from touching NGE. I wish Stanley Kubric where still alive. His cinematography in Space Odessy: 2001 reminds of Anno's style in Evangelion. I think Kubric's style would've fit evangelion nicely while at the same time be something different and new. It's hard to pick a living director for Evangelion. a lot of the directors with big budget special effect experienced have never really made anything like Eva. If I had to pick one it would be Matt Reeve. He directed Dawn of the planet of the apes 2015 and Cloverfield and directed/wrote Let me in. But I would want him paired with the same writers as from planet of the apes. They got experience with special effects, adapting/remaking old movies and books, giant monsters films and know how to write for the characters. I'm not sure how good an eva movie would be from him but he has got the all qualifications I would look for.
hmmm
http://animeanalysis.com /(Blog where I write anime stuff like above)

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:17 am

Or whoever made Hostel, Saw or Final Destination. Those are movies you watch to enhoy protagonists useless suffering :tongue:
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

zlink64
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby zlink64 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:29 pm

The guy who directed Final destination Was James wong. According to the internet he also Directed the Dragon ball Evolution movie so not sure if you'd want him lol.
hmmm
http://animeanalysis.com /(Blog where I write anime stuff like above)

Return to “Fan Works”