Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Re: New Dragon Ball series announced: Dragon Ball Super

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:04 pm

The actual Broly is being introduced into canon in the next Super movie.

Film is said to be exploring a good amount of Sayian history so hopefully his origin/motivation will be better than in the old movies.
I like what I'm seeing here, he appears to be fighting a good amount before going SS & the line about learning as he fights suggest he won't be as mentally one note as he seemed previously. I like his new outfit (do not like Paraguses outfit tho).

Tokpile Quohog
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes

•      
  •      

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:48 am

I'm making a "bold" prediction that Broly will be defeated by Goku with a kamehameha after taking Vegeta's energy.
TheEvaMonkey: I HATE BEING A FAT CHICK

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:33 am

View Original Postmovieartman wrote:The actual Broly is being introduced into canon in the next Super movie.

Anything would be better than a literal "giant fucking baby" as DBZA's Vegeta put it IIRC
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:47 am

Just a news update, but after Dragon Ball Super: Broly gets its wide release in Japan on December 14, 2018, the film will be released, fully dubbed no less, in theaters across North America on January 16, 2019 after a US premiere on December 13th (same day as the Japanese release, time zones and all) at Grauman's Chinese Theatre. Though, a small side note, Gohan is missing from all promotional materials, so he may not be in the movie at all, or (and this is a long short) they're downplaying the importance he could play in the movie.

SPOILER: Show

Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Tokpile Quohog

•      
  •      

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:35 pm

Gohan's the strongest in the universe but doesn't do crap.

How much protection do you imagine Vegeta's armor offers him at this point?
TheEvaMonkey: I HATE BEING A FAT CHICK

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:52 pm

View Original PostTokpile Quohog wrote:Gohan's the strongest in the universe but doesn't do crap.

How much protection do you imagine Vegeta's armor offers him at this point?

Well, he's not a blood thirsty Sayian like daddy and the prince, but if his family's threatened, then maybe he will fight. I mean, the boy doesn't even use that Super Sayian crutch like the other Sayians do, his base power is far above everyone else's. And Vegeta's armor gives him much less protection than the plot ever did.

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:50 pm

Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero, huh? It looks pretty good, in my opinion! The name is kind of weird (on purpose). Dragon Ball Super: Hero sounds better. Still, I'm all in for the premise. It seems to be different from your typical Dragon Ball movie. They're saying the story is all about superheroes. They shared the artwork of a new character who looks to be a superhero. He was design by Toriyama and it shows. It's hard to explain, but his look goes hand in hand with Toriyama's modern style (I'm not even sure if it's one character or two). His overall appearance reminds me of Jaco and his manga. I wonder if he's going to show up. I mean, he is basically a galactic superhero.
Speaking of visuals, the movie will be CGI. That's not exciting, per say. However, the teaser they showed us looks awesome. It uses 2D layouts. Goku's 3D model looks great as well (very expressive). I'm optimistic. Let's wait and see it in action. Honestly, it seems like they're trying to convert Toriyama's manga panels into 3D. The colors are reminiscent of the original manga and not the anime. Those details in Piccolo's arms, for example, are now colored yellow (like in the manga).
Like Piccolo and Goku, Pan has also been confirmed as a character in the movie. She looks cute as always! I wonder if her father will show up (Gohan/Saiyaman is literally a superhero).
Anyway, the movie was written by Toriyama himself, right after finishing Broly. That's why I'm excited. Dragon Ball Super Broly was an amazing experience from start to finish. It managed to balance story elements, action and comedy pretty well. Well, I'm hyped. Nozawa also stated that the movie is full of twists and surprises. Let's hope Toei doesn't spoil it all this time around.

The teaser:
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

The Killer of Heroes
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby The Killer of Heroes » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:14 pm

They probably can't call it Dragon Ball Super: Hero because that would lead to understandable confusion with Dragon Ball Heroes, which is kind of their big moneymaker for Dragon Ball right now...not to mention there's also the terrible web series Super Dragon Ball Heroes, which itself is pretty close to Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero.

Too many similar names tbh.

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:28 pm

Yeah, I thought about the same thing. If that's the case, it's a shame (to see a good title being wasted because of DBH/SDBH, that is). The staff seems to be pretty happy with the title, though. Honestly, it feels like the whole idea was to repeat the word "super" twice. Well, who knows?

Anyway, I actually forgot to talk about some other details. First of all, we'll finally see where exactly Piccolo lives. He has a "namekuseijin type" house (which is located in the middle of a waterfall). The environment here looks amazing! Also, there are artworks of him with and without his cape. In other words, he will fight!
The staff also revealed that Pan will be an important character in this movie. There's apparently a timeskip (we might be looking at post "end of Z" stuff here). She's clearly older. I think she may have something to do with the new character (who was also confirmed as "super relevant"). I have some theories. It's possible that Pan will follow him around (as if he were her idol). Or maybe she's the one who brought him to life. I mean, she could have used the Dragon Balls to bring her favorite hero into the real world, or something. This is just speculation on my part.
Oh, Kuririn will also make a comeback (as a police officer, of course).
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

The Killer of Heroes
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby The Killer of Heroes » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:32 pm

I kind of like the "Super" repeating twice in the title the more I sit on it- that part feels like Toriyama humor to me anyways.

I have to say I'm pretty excited and optimistic for the future of Dragon Ball, between the kind of neat stuff the Super manga has gone on to do (Moro was fun and so far I think Granolah has been a way better spin on the "I want revenge against the Saiyans!!!" type of storyline than previous entries in the franchise have done before), the new movies etc., the possibility of returning to "End of Z"., how any of this might be revisited if/when the Super TV anime returns etc. The future just seems full of opportunity for this goofy punchmans franchise I've loved since I was a small child.

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:12 pm

I'm also excited! Dragon Ball is my second favorite anime. I have a huge emotional attachment to it. It legitimately makes me feel super happy. The fights are great, the characters are iconic and it's just fun. The original manga will always be top-notch content. It's well illustrated, funny and exciting (especially the first 16 volumes). Aside from Boo, every arc is good to great, in my opinion.
Super had a rough start, to say the least. However, during the TOP, it picked up momentum. Broly was an amazing movie, Moro was really fun (despite some setbacks) and Granola has just been interesting. I really like to see that Goku and Vegeta are divergent paths. Honestly, Hakai suits Vegeta better and MUI goes hand in hand with Goku's background as a martial artist. Toyotaro has been doing a good job. Anyway, with Super Hero announced, the future looks bright for Dragon Ball!

The Killer of Heroes wrote:I kind of like the "Super" repeating twice in the title the more I sit on it- that part feels like Toriyama humor to me anyways.

I got used to it and I think it's funny too! I like it.

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Re: Dragon Ball Super (General)

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:20 pm

A new trailer is out! It looks good. It's weird to see Dragon Ball entirely in 3D, but I digress. The colors are great (especially on Goku and Pan).
Some other interesting information:
- Whis, Bulma and Dende are confirmed as characters in the movie
- Broly can be seen in the trailer
- Piccolo is a major character in the story and is training Pan
- The new villains are related to the Red Ribbon Army
- The names of the two superheroes are Gamma One and Gamma Two (in my opinion, they are being fooled by the Red Ribbon Army to fight the Z warriors, or something like that)

THE HYPE IS REAL!!!

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:00 pm

Honestly from what it was revealed until now Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero it's not convincing me, however what intrigues me enough is the fact that the real villain/ final boss of the movie is more likely not revealed yet. For me the various possibilities relate to his/her identity may more likely be these:

A canon version of the Android 21.

Something like a new version of Cell that is improved with the DNA of Broly and Majin Bu.

A new android that will absorb Gamma 1 and Gamma 2 and could have information about Goku, Vegeta and the others characters for fight them at the best he can

Cell.

Opinions?

The Killer of Heroes
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby The Killer of Heroes » Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:27 am

I really doubt there will be anything that complicated. If this were like DBZ movies 1-13, maybe, but the Toriyama Dragon Ball movies have kept the focus relatively straightforward.

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:55 pm

Alright. It's been days since the release and I now will share some of my opinions. I know I stopped giving updates on the movie's status after October, but that was because I figured every DB fan in here was already aware of what was going on XD! My excitement never died, though. I may even be more excited for it than I was for Shin Evangelion last year. It's just that the wait was not as long.
In any case, what a ride, ladies and gentlemen! Yeah, this was all I wanted and a little more. It's Piccolo's movie and he's my favorite character. Also, Gohan plays a HUGE role. Toriyama listened to the fans and gave us exactly what we wanted. The super heroic element works really well with the slice of life stuff and gives us a movie that's fundamentally different from Broly, but equally good.
The CG is fenomenal in pretty much every scene, Trunks and Goten are aged up, Pan is truly cute and the OST doesn't disappoint.
Piccolo's new transformations are awesome. A great homage to the Dragon Balls and Namekuseijins. The name is also a pretty funny joke. Piccolo's characterization is on point. Final Gohan is godly. No jokes, pure hype. Blanco is real!!! Gamma 1 and 2 turned out to be pretty interesting characters. The entire Red Ribbon army, actually. I loved how Magenta tricked everyone into thinking that the Capsule Corp is evil. Makes so much sense, as they're Red Ribbon's primary competitor (according to Daizenshuu 7, if I'm not mistaken) and Bulma is friends with the Z warriors. Cell Max was a bit disappointing, but I guess he isn't supposed to be similar to OG Cell, but an incomplete monster.

Overall, loved it. Can't wait to watch it in theaters next time. August 18th, the day it comes out in Brazil!

Return to “Anime and Manga”