Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:44 pm

I'm 99% sure that's because Arale being an android is a perma kid and Toriyama writes kids much differently than he writes adults, kids he cares less about what sex they are and more about how they fit into the story whereas his adults are much more set in specific roles, though that might be Japanese culture influencing that.

Thing is though im not saying toryiama shouldn't write girly or stay at home mom characters or that no writer should do that, im just annoyed that the videl we met back when gohan was starting highschool and the videl in super are basically two different people and not in a good "character development" way, honestly i like android 18 and krillin together because as she showed in the tournament she can still kick ass she just has a family to look after now, then again this was back when videl was the character i liked and gine from dragonball minus didn't exist so im kinda glad 18 isn't a main player in the story, she would end up turning into videl.

Plus she just stood back and let her husband do the work in revival of f despite probably still being stronger than him so.........yeah.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:49 pm

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:Plus she just stood back and let her husband do the work in revival of f despite probably still being stronger than him so.........yeah.

Haha I remember that scene she was like "but I'm stronger then most of you" and then Krillen was like "But I'm bald! So go hold down the fort for me!"

Ever think about how dbz would be if everyones gender got reversed?
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:51 am

I always read anything krillin related in the TFS voice now and that is totally something TFS krillin would say.

Also theres a tumblr blog for that:
SPOILER: Show

The rest is too NSFW for me to link here.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:14 am

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:Plus she just stood back and let her husband do the work in revival of f despite probably still being stronger than him

You might be looking into in a bit too deeply

It's pretty obvious why he went. Toriyama wanted all the characters who fought Freeza on Namek to
fight him again. Playing that sweet, sweet nostalgia card, no doubt

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:18 pm

ITS HAPPENING AGAIN
One piece, sailor moon crystal, now dragonball.
why toei WHY!!!??

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:26 pm

Animation farming, if I had to guess.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:57 pm

Toei gives no shits, sadly.

*Hugs the DBZ fandom tight* :crybaby: I feel your pain! Though my main issue with Crystal was how they managed to botch story elements, not so much the animation.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:03 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Though my main issue with Crystal was how they managed to botch story elements, not so much the animation.

For me it was both of these things which is why i dropped it rather quickly.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:50 pm

Those are shopped to exaggerate, right? They're not actual screenshots from the show, right? Right? Right?!
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:03 pm

I really would like to say that these are edited, but sadly no.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:55 am

It's weird; most of it's fine, but every once in a while you get frames that make you say "what the fuck, man?" Be less obvious, Toei!
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:56 am

Classic Toei

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:18 pm

View Original PostFireball wrote:Classic Toei

Yeah, i am surprised people are acting like ''omg look at this''. This was always the case with long running TOEI shows.

Also some insight about the Dragon Ball animation

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/animation-styles/

While the following link doesn't justify the horrible shots of the previous episode, it should at least explain why sometimes the animation may look ''off''.
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

Re: New Dragon Ball series announced: Dragon Ball Super

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Wed May 04, 2016 2:56 pm

Bit OT: DBE scribe finally says i'm sorry!!! :clap:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interes ... ns/.101765
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Re:

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:42 pm

View Original PostDima wrote:The only thing i want from this is the return of Future Trunks

Bruh...
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/anime_man ... st-a142323

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Re: Re:

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:10 pm

View Original Postmovieartman wrote:Bruh...

That red bandanna is a really nice touch to his character design, which is already pretty cool. Poor Future Trunks, can never just relax in his perfect future home. He was always, always(since '99) my favorite Dragon Ball character, so this news actually had me pretty happy, though I haven't watched any Super.

Rewatched the ep. last night where he returns to the future and rids the world of evil, tells 17 to go to hell, and flings Cell around by his tail. It's still good!
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:25 am

Battle of Gods was the most recent DBZ product I have watched, not seen Resurrection F or any of Super.

Teaser for a upcoming arc apparently... I honestly have wanted a female villain for DBZ but what looks like a female Broly is kinda jumping the gun a bit. :tongue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djkh1JNbI0E

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:57 am

The teaser looks interesting, but Super has not yet caught my attention, and I'm waiting for something other than the multiverse theroy to pop out.

As for the female Broly... Oh, look, they're taking the worst movie villian they ever had (Janemba included, at least he had a sword, and Lord Slug, well, Broly is worse) and making Broly into Brolina. As much as I want to see a female super sayian (mostly because of the hair, what happens to the hair?!) Perhaps giving us a female Gohan in another universe who has trained and is actually allowed to be stronger than Anime Jesus Goku would be far more entertaining to me.

Now, as controversial as this may be, I never liked Broly, I found his motivations to be lacking, because Goku cried as a baby and gave him PTSD, as pointed out by TFS in their latest installment of DBZA (WEN BROLY?! BROLY NOW!) Also, Broly is a super sayian rip off of the Hulk (green aura, stronger when he gets angrier, near indestructible, etc). I personally enjoyed Bojack Unbound far more, mostly because of the backseat Goku took.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:46 am

I like both Janemba/Slug but otherwise agree not a fan of Broly (I did liked the build up to him and his look before hulking out)

Cooler/MetaCooler & Bojack are my top favorite villains of the franchise.

The one thing that does have me slightly interested is the woman who turns into the Broly looking form looks kinda fearful/innocent which could make for a interesting contrast. We shall see.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:25 pm

Cooler is definitely pretty awesome, and if I had to rate the villian based on their movies, it'd be Bojack, Janemba, Meta-Cooler, Cooler, Andoird 13, Slug, Dr. Wheelo, Garlic Jr., Broly, and then the rest sort of fall flat after that. Like Hirudigan, not very impressive as an enemy. And Turtles is basically mirror universe Goku.

Well, it will be interesting to see, as this show is always full of surprises, even if they are now fighting at the level of a God (which is interesting and so over the top at the same time).

I do agree with you, Broly as a regular old Super Sayian is far cooler looking than his Hulk-ed out form. But once he went past that it was like, why? They should have jut made him SSJ2 to show how powerful it was before Cell, instead of making that thing happen.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Return to “Anime and Manga”