What are you currently playing?

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

TaintedHero
Adam

Postby TaintedHero » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:58 pm

View Original PostEvangelionFan wrote:I'm thinking of getting minecraft. Anyone got any suggestions how I should go about it?

Probably the greatest game I ever payed $15 dollars for. I cannot tell you how great this game is. Block after block after block, almost like my childhood legos fantasies come true.
"It's frozen, I can't get it to work", "Thats because it doesn't have a touchscreen, it's an ipod classic..."
Danger Please: Do not imitate a rapist!

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:32 am

I'm trying to avoid Minecraft and the addiction that has struck many forum goers...

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:53 pm

So we finished the co-op mode, good times were had. The story definately does follow after the single player mode (and sets up future sequels) but there still isn't much story to speak of.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

liquidus118
Zeruel
Zeruel

Postby liquidus118 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:55 pm

Yup. I was expecting some stuff to do with Wheatly and Chell but there really wasn't anything. It was a fun game, though, and I enjoyed it.

chazthesilencer
Lilin
Lilin

Postby chazthesilencer » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:07 am

A few good things and bad things about Golden Sun: Dark Dawn -

The game is fun. The puzzles are never too taxing, but solving them is always rewarding.
The story is terrible. We're on an quest to find...a feather. Lame.

Characters level up nice and fast, and random battles don't drag on.
There aren't enough challenging mini/boss battles requiring proper battle strategies.

Your character still makes that satisfying hopping sound when they jump onto platforms :]
The fuzzy 3D environments and character models lack the charm and beauty of the GBA games.

The Sol Blade still does what the Sol Blade does.
Every now and then you're given a question in conversation, your only responses are- :) :grin: :sniffle: or :angry:

Fun while it lasts, but I wouldn't recommend it to non-fans.
Us Animay watching evageeks gotta stick together! - Joy Evangelion

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:13 am

I´m on my first playthrough in Fallout:New Vegas.
First Fallout game in general.

Goodsprings is a ghost town again.

This game rules.

Fazmotron
Admin Emeritus :-{|
Admin Emeritus :-{|

Postby Fazmotron » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:58 am

Righto, playing Crysis now, 'tis fun.
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:28 pm

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:I´m on my first playthrough in Fallout:New Vegas.
First Fallout game in general.

Goodsprings is a ghost town again.

This game rules.

I changed my mind after 5 hours of gameplay.
It sucks.

liquidus118
Zeruel
Zeruel

Postby liquidus118 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:38 pm

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:I changed my mind after 5 hours of gameplay.
It sucks.

What don't you like about it? I kinda enjoyed it.

Well, apart from the difficulty jumping up ten fold in the ending to the point that at one point I was walking down the middle of the area picking off enemies like flies and in the next I emptied every single bullet I had into the first enemy and he still had plenty of health...And 5 or 6 friends. This is why I never completed it despite being probably 20 minutes away from doing so.

SPOILER: Show
The worst part was I'd just seen my army of state-of-the-art rocket-launching robots march in there by the dozens and yet none were there when I arrived.
Last edited by liquidus118 on Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 pm

The game is designed so you're the bitch. :P

Same with the older games.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:16 pm

View Original Postliquidus118 wrote:What don't you like about it? I kinda enjoyed it.

It´s buggy, the scenery just feels like an unloved, giant and generic mess of crappy textures, you never know from where you´re being attacked, sneaking is useless because the enemy always sees you first anyway and I´ve still got other things to play like:

Metal Gear Solid

"This is just like one of my Japanese animes!"

"HURT ME MORE SNAKE

HUUURRRT MEEE MOOOAAAAR"

"I always work alone."
"Work alone? Are you an Otaku too?"

:lol:

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:19 pm

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:It´s buggy, the scenery just feels like an unloved, giant and generic mess of crappy textures, you never know from where you´re attacked.

Well that's what the Fallout world is like. Dunno what you were expecting :shrug:

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:32 pm

View Original PostTankred wrote:Well that's what a Post apocalyptic world is like. Dunno what you were expecting :shrug:

A more aesthetically pleasing post-apocalyptic scenery.
I don´t care if everything is kept in the same dull color scheme, but the floor looks like a low-res and conveniently scaled carpet.
And that just screams LAZY.

And have I already mentioned them bugs?
On the first few missions some Gangers gang member got STUCK into a telephone pole thingy, rendering him unable to be shot at.
Long story short, I had to cancel the mission by killing all the people in Goodsprings.

After I came back from Primm to Goodsprings again, he was dead.
Still stuck there, probably detonated himself with dynamite or something.

-----------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfnS596Uimo&t=4m0s
Woman who cannot think Portals lol.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:09 pm

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:A more aesthetically pleasing post-apocalyptic scenery.
I don´t care if everything is kept in the same dull color scheme, but the floor looks like a low-res and conveniently scaled carpet.
And that just screams LAZY.

And have I already mentioned them bugs?
On the first few missions some Gangers gang member got STUCK into a telephone pole thingy, rendering him unable to be shot at.
Long story short, I had to cancel the mission by killing all the people in Goodsprings.

After I came back from Primm to Goodsprings again, he was dead.
Still stuck there, probably detonated himself with dynamite or something.

I admit, I lol'd at that. When I play the game I rarely experience glitches, probably because I'm very wary around Fallout games due to their notoriety for bugs. So it's best to save all the time.

As for the terrain, Obsidian was working with an old and rather pathetic game engine.

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby EvangelionFan » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:52 am

After reading your feedback on Minecraft (how silly of me) and watching the majority of X's Minecraft, I've decided to wait until the end of my current semester before I get it.

In the meantime, I got the Starcraft Battle Chest, so I've started the terran campaign... and at some point I'll start Crysis.
Voluntary Illusion.

arkiel
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby arkiel » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:38 am

Picked up League of Legends over the weekend. Remember seeing a lot of shit reviews for it when it came out. The product has definitely matured since then. Lightweight on resource requirements, consistent art direction, decent music.

I'm a Garen whore.

Hope the free play business model is working out for them.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:46 am

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:It´s buggy, the scenery just feels like an unloved, giant and generic mess of crappy textures, you never know from where you´re being attacked, sneaking is useless because the enemy always sees you first anyway

It doesn't have the best graphics, granted. Yes it's buggy, but you can easily work around this by simply saving often.

The rest though, I just don't think you know what the hell you're doing. Your HUD compass should tell you where the enemy is LONG before you actually engage them if your perception score is anything but pathetic. As for stealth, you're probably forgetting to stop running while sneaking.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:51 am

View Original PostNemZ wrote:The rest though, I just don't think you know what the hell you're doing. Your HUD compass should tell you where the enemy is LONG before you actually engage them if your perception score is anything but pathetic. As for stealth, you're probably forgetting to stop running while sneaking.

Wait, you can RUN while ducked?

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:51 pm

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:Wait, you can RUN while ducked?

Well having a light on at night also makes you more prone to being detected.

I think starting with Fallout: NV was a risky option for you, it can be a lot tougher than say, Fallout 3.

We'd be happy to help you out with it, if you want.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:58 pm

^
Maybe some other day, when I have more time.
(Or steam sale.)

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”