[LAEM] What would you change?

The place for all of the old Live Action Evangelion Movie threads.

Moderator: Board Staff

master0rolando
Ireul
Ireul

What would you change?

Postby master0rolando » Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:55 am

If it were up to you...what kinda things would you change...and how would you change em...?

fer me...

1. fer the scene where Misato shows the city rising...id have them right smack in the middle...rather than far away...

Misato takes Shinji up this really thin structure (some kinda communication structure)...its really high up...Shinji looks around at all the flat Iron and pavement...curious about the square shaped markings...[Misato: you did a good thing..blah blah...It's time]...Squares open...the building rise up all around them...Shinji keeps turning around and up in awe...

2. SKIP ALL THE WAY TO MATARIEL!... Asuka opens the door to see Matariel up close..."AAAIIEEE!"...Rei and Shinji stare...(we laugh)...suddenly acid begins to go at the celieng...Matariel has seen them and is after them...(i supposed it would make sense for the angels to know their enemy by now)...they run the hell away...as acid keeps coming closer and Matariel melts the celing...(i know they were in a structure where this would impossible...but thats a trivial matter which can easily be changed)...eventually they come to a point where they see a hatch they can enter...but to get to it they gotta run across an open space with no celing...they run their asses off...Matariel sees them and gets close opens his mouth to nab them (i know he has no mouth...but i think id give him a spidery mouth in ELAM to give him a more frightning appearance)...[good trailer cut there by the way]...they all fall into the hatch just before he can get them...now they are in the pipe which leads them to HQ...

3. Toji/ Hikari, bedside scene...goes like normal...but at the end...[Toji: "Hikari"]...Hikari is a little flustered and blushes when he calls by name instead of "Class Rep"...[Toji: "Come here a sec"]...she goes forward...close up for a kiss...(warm fuzzy feeling)

4. for ELAM i think id have a little bit of evil maga Kawrou aspects...maybe not have him come early...but id have the kitten kill and the insult to Rei 2...and Shinji get a good punch in before passing out

5. Honestly id cut JET Alone entirely...but if i had him in it...id move him to later...two Evas would fight (...not Shinji so he remians unaware of Toji = fourth child)...basically Toji would get this mission in before being hijacked

6. have them say 1st Child, 2nd Child...instead of 2nd Childeren, 3rd Childeren and such...maybe some people think its meant to be "childeren"...but im telling you...its Engrish...plus it sounds silly...

7. have Rei say the word "Asuka" or "Langley" when she speaks to her in the elevator...(hoenstly...i may be wrong...but i am quite certain that "Ikari-kun!", "The commander" and "The fifth childeren...what is he?" are the only names she ever says...and she never at any point addresses Asuka in anyway besides the the elvator scene...makes me wonder if Rei dislikes her...(she went to speak with Toji didnt she?)

8. have the "mother" vision when 01 goes berserk against Sachiel

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby cat42 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:26 am

1.) Jet Alone goes away. No fight, no melt down, etc. The most I'd give Jet Alone is a vague reference about Gendo Sabotaging other Anti-Angel programs.

2.)I'm torn on the CHILDREN thing. The reference is lost on American audiences as Ideon was never released here.
Solution: a compromise. Rei is now the First of the Children, Asuka is the Second of the Children, etc., to be abbreviated by just First, Second, and so on.

3.) Like in the Manga, Asuka fights Gaghiel alone at sea. Only brief bits are shown, as in the Manga.

4.) As in Manga, Rei fights Sachiel first. That way her wounds are fresh, and will make a bit more sense why she's bleeding when she falls (IMO)

5.) Due to the the change of format (IE movie, not show) Shinji's wanderings from ep. 4 need to be severely cut down.

6.) The farthest the first movie should go is Israfel. No further, if that far.

I'm not going to think beyond movie 1 yet.

zeaven
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby zeaven » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:06 am

Not exactly on-topic, but I'd "change" the so-called expectation or plan to only make the first movie the first 6 episodes. If there's only 3, that leaves 20 more episodes between two movies. The first movie should really go through Israfel. Get all the point-by-point, basic background character introduction out of the way, giving only minor facetime to angels other than Sachiel and Ramiel.

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby cat42 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:06 pm

zeaven wrote:Not exactly on-topic, but I'd "change" the so-called expectation or plan to only make the first movie the first 6 episodes. If there's only 3, that leaves 20 more episodes between two movies. The first movie should really go through Israfel. Get all the point-by-point, basic background character introduction out of the way, giving only minor facetime to angels other than Sachiel and Ramiel.

I'm thinking along similar lines. approx half hour for Sachiel, Ramiel, and Israfel each, with an added hour (spread out in between these bits) for character development. 2 hours 30 minutes approximate. Gaghiel's only purpose was for Asuka to show off, really, so I think it should be fine to go like the manga and make that battle more of a recording. This is really (if you believe Anno) Shinji and Mistato's story anyway. End the movie on a high note, but leave the audience with questions
Now we have about 1/3 of the series out of the way.

Start movie 2 on a high note, and bring it up a bit by developing the relationship between Shinji and Asuka using the Magma Diver story line. Then start to bring it down. Begin to collapse the relationships (not all the way though, that is for movie 3). Reveal part of Nerv's Back story. Maybe focus a bit more on Gendo in movie 2 than we did in movie 1.

Jet Alone can go cry in the corner. :D

master0rolando
Ireul
Ireul

Postby master0rolando » Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:27 am

no no...Ramiel should be the end of movie 1...

you cant rush something like this

ccat*confuser
Embryo

Postby ccat*confuser » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:41 pm

master0rolando wrote:no no...Ramiel should be the end of movie 1...

I totally agree. Everything up until Ramiel is very important to the plot+character development. After that, fillers start to kick in. They shouldn't really have a probblem fitting 20 eps into two movies if they trim down some of the damn fanservice (WHICH THEY BETTER DO).

What I would cut:

-Fanservice. Its okay in the anime, because its um, anime. And in the anime no one notices that they're fucking fourteen. In liveaction it would be much, MUCH more demeaning to women, not to metion cheap and campy. I think its okay for Rei and Asuka to be hot by teenage standards, but no panty shots/uneeded flashing, k? As for Misato, whatever. But say no to campy angles, PLEASE!

-As for cutting angels, no. Each and every one is important to the story, even if they dont seem to be. They dont have to have each and every extensive battle, but they need to at least mentioned. Maybe "recapped" or something....Like stuff that happened in between the movies, or maybe in shown in nightmares? I don't know...I just think they need to be there. They can cut JetAlone though :P

-Random corny stuff

Mundane
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby Mundane » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:54 pm

ccat*confuser wrote:

I totally agree. Everything up until Ramiel is very important to the plot+character development. After that, fillers start to kick in. They shouldn't really have a probblem fitting 20 eps into two movies if they trim down some of the damn fanservice (WHICH THEY BETTER DO).

What I would cut:

-Fanservice. Its okay in the anime, because its um, anime. And in the anime no one notices that they're fucking fourteen. In liveaction it would be much, MUCH more demeaning to women, not to metion cheap and campy. I think its okay for Rei and Asuka to be hot by teenage standards, but no panty shots/uneeded flashing, k? As for Misato, whatever. But say no to campy angles, PLEASE!

-As for cutting angels, no. Each and every one is important to the story, even if they dont seem to be. They dont have to have each and every extensive battle, but they need to at least mentioned. Maybe "recapped" or something....Like stuff that happened in between the movies, or maybe in shown in nightmares? I don't know...I just think they need to be there. They can cut JetAlone though :P

-Random corny stuff

I could notice they're fourteen. Not many people twenty and up sound like that, or walk around as carefree.
"Evangelion's some heavy shit. I've heard people get into serious philosophical debates on the internet. Then they jack off." -C4

ccat*confuser
Embryo

Postby ccat*confuser » Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:22 pm

Mundane wrote:I could notice they're fourteen. Not many people twenty and up sound like that, or walk around as carefree.

Ah, but they dont look fourteen. They definetely did a great job of making the characters act of thier age, but the appearances just didn't match up for me...I think they thought by making Rei and Asuka look like grown women that all the fanservice was more acceptable (because based on appearances they look 17 or over, not 14). I just hope that in ELAM they can catch the children in that awkward physical stage between being a child and an adult (ex: the girls would be more "stretched out" than filled in. not completely flat, but as in "hey, this is the body of a girl who isn't finished maturing." In other words, no thunderthighs, no DD's, and no child bearing hips). you know?

sorry for getting off topic >_<

master0rolando
Ireul
Ireul

Postby master0rolando » Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:30 pm

1st Movie = Beginning...character development...figure out this world...get aquainted with the situation...show what they can do...

2nd Movie = Action (it is the action arc after all)...super cool fighting...explosions...good laughs (honestly humorous moments and such with characters goofing up and those moments with the anime sweatdrops are important for character development...seriously they are)

...but of course once or twice hear and there and again near the end...have the emotional Evaness...definitely have the Asuka/ Shinji kiss...and teh DDR Fight...and like i said before HIKARI + TOJI = MAKEOUT SCENE!!!

this is probly the movie where lotsa stuff can be cut...
i would certainly have the Matariel fight...this is important because its got good character development, it puts the pilots in a unique predicament...and it has them working together...[ not to mention like i said in my first post...it looks hella cool for the trailer and such]
id cut Iruel...the computer one...
certanly have the emotional Bardiel...definitely...
and id have Gaghiel of course for Asuka's intro...
no Sandalphon...
Israfel yes...same reasons as Matariel...
probly wont have time for anymore, if even those...

3rd Movie...emotional and rough...still with action...but emotionalness... Kawrou of course...Armisael of course...Zuruel of course...Reiquarium no doubt...

3-I???...i dont know...i dont think they have time get all that in and it wont really have the same effect if its in the same movie as the others...3-I really is something that needs its own movie...

probly just end it with Kaworu's death... Asuka: YOU KILLED ALL ANGELS Shinji ...EARTH IS SAFE...KISS ME!!!

maybe not have that...but unless they can get a fourth movie (which shouldnt be a problem cuz if they do a good job it will no doubt be a movie to stand against LotR and Star Wars...)...they may wanna end it with Kaworu, have Asuka get convinced somehow that she is an essential individual...Rei and Gendo and Misato face inner demons...

and maybe some kinda monlouge by Shinji at the end...like a paragraph summarry of the message in 25 + 26...where hes sitting in this room thinking all this stuff...and decides his life is worth living even though his Eva skillz are no longer needed

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby cat42 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:03 pm

CONGRATULATIONS! Asuka IS NOW INTRODUCED IN MOVIE 2!

They're not gonna do that, they are most definately going to introduce Asuka in movie 1.

My thoughts on movie 1 still stand, but regaurding the angels to cut, to keep, (keep in mind this is based on the theory of a movie triology, and that the movie will focus mostly on the relationships Shinji has with people) and why...

Movie 1
Third Angel: Sachiel keep Do you really need to ask why?
Fourth Angel: Shamshel toss up, probably cut for time The primary purpose of this angel is to bring Toji and Kensuke closer with Shinji. This can theoretcially be done another way. I'd like to Keep this angel, but I doubt it'll happen.
Fifth Angel:Ramiel keep Developes Shinji's relationship with Rei. Shinji saves Rei, she falls a bit for him.
Sixth Angel: Gaghiel keep but have only Asuka fight it, and have this battle as highlights a la Sadamoto manga. Helps establish Asuka's personality
Seventh Angel: Israfel keep Developes Shini's relationship with Asuka.

Movie 2
Eighth Angel: Sandalphon keep Shinji saves Asuka, she falls a bit for him.
Ninth Angel: Matarael you're gonna hate me master0rolando, but skip Sahaquiel serves the same purpose, and does it better
Tenth Angel: Sahaquiel keep brings the pilots closer together.
Eleventh Angel: Iruel skip We're going more shinji-centric (he is the main character, remember?) this angel was used to tell NERV backstory, which can be done other ways.
Twelfth Angel: Leliel keep This helps tear the pilots apart, and demonstrates NERV's priorities. The mind fuck scenes should be kept to a minimum, a taste for movie 3, but not too much.
Thirteenth Angel: Bardiel keep Kill Toji end the movie with the revelation of his death.

Movie 3
Fourteenth Angel: Zeruel keep Asuka's well on her way to copllapse. Leads to Shinji absorbed by Unit-01, and serious mind-fuck sequence 1.
Fifteenth Angel: Arael Keep Destroys Asuka, and has mind fuck sequence #2
Sixteenth Angel: Armisael keep Destroys Rei (II), and has mind-fuck sequence #3
Seventeenth Angel: Tabris (aka Kaworu Nagisa) what do you think?

master0rolando
Ireul
Ireul

Postby master0rolando » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:26 am

i wouldnt be so sure about that

i honestly think Asuka will not be in the 1st film...
its not like with this budget and the popularity of Eva that the director is gonna be stupid...unless shes in the beginning and somehow involved with the first few angel fights...(i think thatd be a bad idea...taking screen time away from Rei is scuicide when im around) having Asuka would be rushing...(unless its like THIS IS THE 2ND CHILD....to be continued...credits)....they wont make the mistake of having Asuka in it JUST for the sake of having her in there

and cutting Matariel...

Matariel is great for countless reasons...

Im not sure which movie should have teh mindreip scene though...

and killing Toji...
[URL=http://img134.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=39819_retarded_122_598lo.jpg]Image[/URL]

lets have a show of hands for the Toji/ Hikari lovey scene

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

Postby Kaysow » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:43 am

I liked that, cat42

If you wanna keep Toji alive, than they better have him on some more afterwards. Killing him IS more powerful, and good taste of how Eva tends to take it's beloved characters and fuck them up but good.

master0rolando
Ireul
Ireul

Postby master0rolando » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:52 am

certainly he should be there afterwards...

are happy endings really such a bad thing?

then again killing him leaves Hikari up for grabs...[note my sig]...but shes not real...damnit

decisions, decisions

i think they should kiss at the bedside scene...it would probly be just a cute little peck thing...obviously...

[although somehow i have this bizzarre, twisted urge for them to just totally hot dry clean fuck right there on the bed...Toji: CLASS REP! *throws her onto bed...*
Hikari: Pull my hair daddy...]

getting way ahead of myself there

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby cat42 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:35 am

master0rolando wrote:i wouldnt be so sure about that

i honestly think Asuka will not be in the 1st film...
its not like with this budget and the popularity of Eva that the director is
gonna be stupid...unless shes in the beginning and somehow involved with the first few angel fights .. they wont make the mistake of having Asuka in it JUST for the sake of having her in there

Asuka is the 2nd CHILDREN (or CHILD in this, it's ADV after all), I.E. a main character, why do you think they'd cut her out of the first movie? Remember that this is a movie we're talking about, not a tv series. I would not be surprised if they tried to shove the entire series into ONE movie!

Hell, I won't be supprised if they shove Kaworu into the first movie.

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

Postby Kaysow » Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:58 am

Yeah, I too get the feeling that assuming the grand-ass trilogy is gonna happen is a bit wishful.

Iblis 19th Angel
Adam

Postby Iblis 19th Angel » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:34 am

One possibility for the number of Angels is to limit it to 7 (Not including Adam & Lilith), since the number has religeous significance.

I'm thinking...

Movie 1: Sachiel & Remiel

Movie 2: Bardiel & Zeruel

Movie 3: Arael, Armisael & Tabris/Kaworu.
2:34 And behold, We said to the angels: "Bow down to Adam" and they bowed down. Not so Iblis: he refused and was haughty: He was of those who reject Faith.

Giant robots with angels trapped inside of them,
Teenaged pilots & an evil organization,
Doing battle with giant monsters from beyond,
Mankind's last hope lies in the Evangelions

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby cat42 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:26 am

Iblis 19th Angel wrote:One possibility for the number of Angels is to limit it to 7 (Not including Adam & Lilith), since the number has religeous significance.

I'm thinking...

Movie 1: Sachiel & Remiel

Movie 2: Bardiel & Zeruel

Movie 3: Arael, Armisael & Tabris/Kaworu.

But then there's too little material. Remember, this will most likely be touted as a special effects movie. If they make the mistake of trying to shove everything into one movie, then I think the 7 Angel plan might work, but then you have to get rid of a lot of character development. If they shove it into 2 movies, the 7 angel plan might work as well, but the people who have gone to see explosions will be disappointed, and you'll have to dorp a lot of character development that was driven by the angels, suc as Shinji's relationship with Asuka, as well as his father (remeber his father praised him over Sahaquiel). Asuka's character in general will also become highly under developed. The it's important she defeated or helped defeat Gaghiel, Israfel, Sandalphon, and either Matarael or Saquiel (Saquiel is more important though because this angel's defeat helps drive Shinji to continue as an Eva pilot). It's also important that she lost to Leliel, Bardiel, Zeruel, and Arael. And all you've left is her defeat. You've made Asuka ineffectual.

master0rolando
Ireul
Ireul

Postby master0rolando » Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:35 am

why do you guys think it could be one movie?...they cant be that stupid

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby cat42 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:39 am

master0rolando wrote:why do you guys think it could be one movie?...they cant be that stupid

I dont think that it could be, I think that ADV might force it to be though, whether it works or not. :evil:

master0rolando
Ireul
Ireul

Postby master0rolando » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:37 pm

but it was the head of ADV who said it should be a trilogy

Return to “Live Action Evangelion Movie”