Evangelion Wiki FR - Need some help

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

MrVava
Embryo

Evangelion Wiki FR - Need some help

•      
  •      

Postby MrVava » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:44 pm

(Sorry if I post in the wrong place, I'm not very gifted for that :look:)

Hi, my name is MrVava and I'm a french fan of Evangelion. I'm not really talented to speak in english but I like to translate it in french. Evangelion is not very popular in french. I mean, only really otaku watch this anime and there are very few French website about Evangelion. So I decided to translate the Evangelion Wikia in french to publicize the series to more people. I started the work on wikia for convenience. But I have some difficulty especially for the "infobox".

So I ask for some help for the creation of the first french wiki about Evangelion.

You can find the site here:
http://fr.evangelion.wikia.com/wiki/Wiki_Evangelion

Thanks for your attention. ^_^

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:51 pm

Moved to a more relevant area.

I think you can just copy/paste from our wiki as long as you give a creative commons credit for the source, but maybe someone more invested in the effort can help you out.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:45 pm

Yes, we're in a CC-by-SA license, which means that you can share and translate our material as long as you give a proper attribution, something like "Cette page a contenu provenant de Evageeks.org" and link to the page with the original English text in it.

Take a look at the copyrights page below, and we'll explain any questions you have. Hope this helps!

http://wiki.evageeks.org/The_NGE_Fan-Geeks_Project:Copyrights
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:11 am

He's not asking for help to translate our wiki, he's asking for help to translate the Evangelion Wikia page.

Specifically, it sounds like he needs help coding a wiki infobox.

I'm moving this out of the Editorium because it doesn't apply to our wiki specifically.

MrVava
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby MrVava » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:05 pm

Yes, I have no really problem with the translation and this is the Wikia that I translate, note the EvaGeek. But I know that the Wikia are similar to the evaGeek Wikia. But I will not forget to give a link to original page if I translate some pages of the EvaGeek.

And yes, it's for the infobox coding that I need some help.

Return to “Fan Works”