Criminal Shinji

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Thomas68
Lilith

Criminal Shinji

•      
  •      

Postby Thomas68 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:56 am

When reading a serial killer biography most of them have hardships and abuses they had to endure in throughout their lives. Shinji had to endure a life full of solitude and mindfuck. What would be the possibility of Baka-Shinji entering a life of crimes consedring his mental state (even with his passive personality)?
I've got nothing better to do, so I have registered myself here!

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:22 am

Shinji is considered highly at risk for becoming like his dad. So this means anything from drunken brawls to sabotage to shooting his subordinates dead to subjecting the entire planet's fate to his whims. (Whoops, already got the last one covered...)
Last edited by Reichu on Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:22 am

At worst, I can picture him hurting somebody a la the EoE kitchen scene, maybe even killing them. This would have to be a result of high tension and passion, however, and would likely only happen if he were in a similar mental state as he was in EoE (which, as we know, requires a lot of push); odds are, if it did happen, it wouldn't be a trend.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:05 am

^ If that were the case, and say take that EOE scene. Let's say he hypothetically killed Asuka or anyone he cared about. I believe he would have another break down after being in his EOE state, and then two things could happen. Suicide, or he goes mentally insane and becomes a criminal. I would heavily believe the first would happen. This is because he would want to kill himself before he could hurt anyone else.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:13 am

^ the thing is, though, that Shinji is not actively suicidal, only passively suicidal. Asuka, in ep 22 on the other hand...

Plus, didn't Anno himself say something to the effect that Shinji doesn't have enough self worth to even justify killing himself?
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Compiling_Autumn
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Compiling_Autumn » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:01 pm

It's hard to be a criminal when there exists no law, let alone a society to enforce it. When the series ends, it's just Asuka and Shinji together, free to love or abuse each other as they see fit.
"The will to lose one's will?"
"Absolutely. The will to make oneself completely free. Will is the wrong word, because in the end you could call it despair. Because it really comes out of an absolute feeling of it's impossible to do these things, so I might as well just do anything. And out of this anything, one sees what happens."--Francis Bacon

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Re: Criminal Shinji

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:15 pm

View Original PostThomas68 wrote:serial killer

Well, he isn't white, didn't abuse animals, isn't fascinated by fire and as far as we know isn't a bedwetter so odds are serial killer is not in his future.

Shinji is highly empathetic, but also highly idealistic and prone to dramatics. I can see him perpetrating crimes for a 'greater good', but not merely for personal gain. Violent crimes of passion are a definite possibility, and I wouldn't put it far past him to become a stalker or possibly a serial date rapist. I could very believably see him become a drug abuser for 'self medication' purposes, and this could potentially lead to crimes like theft to feed the habit.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:27 pm

^Crimes for a greater good, you say...?

...anti-UN terrorist, maybe? Partly as revenge for using him and partly because he now sees them as bad men who must be stopped before they hurt others.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

Lu-Cuss
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Lu-Cuss » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:54 pm

I can't imagine him being the kind of guy to go steal a car or sell drugs etc. He's way too timid of a person for that, and if that's the way he is while going through the shit he did at his age, he probably wouldn't ever be like that in future. I can see him one day snapping and assaulting/killing somebody while in a moment of rage, but not much else. I think his contempt for how his father treated him might be too much for him to perpetuate it, but I can also see him going towards it the way some people beat their kids because their fathers beat them.
Mountain... Heavy mountains. Things that change over time.
Sky... Blue sky. What your eyes can't see. What your eyes can see.

"You gotta be you. Only one in the world." - Hideki Kamiya

StarShaper7
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby StarShaper7 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:33 pm

Sexual predator.

Breaks into hospitals and masturbates to the sight of unconscious women. Preferably comatose redheads. His calling cards are small handmade crosses he leaves next to the beds.

Also keeps the disembodied head of what appears to be a young albino boy in his basement. He cradles it in his arms at night and cries himself to sleep.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:39 am

View Original PostStarShaper7 wrote:Sexual predator.

Breaks into hospitals and masturbates to the sight of unconscious women. Preferably comatose redheads. His calling cards are small handmade crosses he leaves next to the beds.

Also keeps the disembodied head of what appears to be a young albino boy in his basement. He cradles it in his arms at night and cries himself to sleep.

It's funny because it's true :lol:

I think he would go for a more Gendo-like personality, no direct violence... We saw him running away from fights even when inside an 80-meter nearly indestructible robot, if that doesn't boost your confidence and make you cocky then what will?
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:08 pm

I can see him becoming a low-level thug or something of the sort, or at least becoming domestically violent and abusing his spouse on a regular basis. I really don't see him becoming any sort of organized criminal or leader, I think he has too many psychological and emotional issues preventing that from happening. I can imagine adult Shinji stumbling out of a bar shouting obscenities, then making his way back to his rundown apartment, hitting his spouse, then grabbing a beer from the fridge, popping some pills, and basically just passing out for the rest of the night. To me that would be the most likely outcome if he went the 'criminal' route.
[Redacted]

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:21 pm

I think the idea's incredibly far-fetched, personally. Shinji doesn't have the iron in him to go the Gendo route, and he's too empathetic to do anything predatory (there's the hospital scene, yes, but look at how that broke him -- I can't see a repeat happening).

Drug abuse is a definite possibility, though. I remember reading a fic once where both Shinji and Asuka are both alcoholics and drug addicts, with Kensuke marveling at how they'd changed. And I remember thinking "this isn't much of a change at all, it fits their personalities and experiences near-perfectly." Only reason I didn't go that route in Ghosts is because I couldn't see a way to pull a good end out of it, and because I strongly suspect Misato's influence would keep them away from such things. But without that? Hell yeah, right up their alley.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Thomas68
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Thomas68 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:45 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote: I remember reading a fic once where both Shinji and Asuka are both alcoholics and drug addicts, with Kensuke marveling at how they'd changed.

Can you pass that fanfic?
I've got nothing better to do, so I have registered myself here!

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:11 pm

View Original PostThomas68 wrote:Can you pass that fanfic?

I don't know if this is the specific one, but it does involve them using heroin. It's also fucking fantastic, but sadly unfinished.

[url]https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3462016/1/The-Lighthouse[/url]
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:49 am

View Original PostGuy Nacks wrote:I don't know if this is the specific one, but it does involve them using heroin. It's also fucking fantastic, but sadly unfinished.

[url]https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3462016/1/The-Lighthouse[/url]

That's the one.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Mr. Jive
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Jive » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:29 am

The kid is hateful, ungrateful, unstable, close minded, violent, misogynistic, homicidal, suicidal, genocidal and that was before he try to kill his own father, sexual abuse his roommate only to later strangle her then he kill everybody like he always wanted to do. Make no mistake that most of the characters in the anime knows this including his own father. Gendo himself is the original Shinji, he just a better actor then his son is in hiding it all. Or do you really think EOE is the first time gendo shot someone dead? Shinji is a monster in a plug suite. Anyone who think this loser has a hopeful future just refuse to see the monster that is in front of them. He either gonna be in jail for domestic violence toward his girlfriend(not Asuka she want nothing to do whit him) or boyfriend, get hook on drugs and soon OD from it, Or kill himself due to never finding any happiness. A dark future awaits this little psycho, just as long he don't drag anyone like Asuka, kensuke or toji down whit him I could careless what happens to him.
Kensuke not a saint but at least he's not a psycho jerking off to a girl in a comma.

Iuvenal
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Iuvenal » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:45 am

Speaking of criminal Shinji, how did he learn to strangle people? I don't think your average Japanese 14 year old would know to press his thumbs into the windpipe, they'd be more likely to leave a victim with a sore neck than actually suffocate them.
Pkunk's not dead! Shake yer Rootz!

I carved A +S forever into my left buttock with a pocket knife. My right buttock is dominated by a tattoo of James Brown. - Chuckman

Who did 9/11? The FAR. - Reichu

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:49 am

View Original PostMr. Jive wrote:A dark future awaits this little psycho,

Have you actually watched to the end of either the series or EoE?

I could careless what happens to him

Since the show is largely about him, I guess you've little interest in it at all, then.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:30 am

I'm just tired of Anno solidifying the image of "Shinji will fail regardless of of decisons". At this point Jive's and Shamsiel's absurd scenarios seem possible.
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”