Getting Wisdom Teeth Destroyed!

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaysow » Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:29 am

FLOSS

Doesn't really help when your WT are fucking your mouth up from underneath your gums, but still.

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby TriLink » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:06 pm

Gendo2.0 wrote:but i know it may sound grose, but one of my molars is mising half of the tooth, the nerv is dead and the rest of the tooth is strong. my dentisit just said use toothpicks, and bursh more.

2 years later im doing fine.

Your right, that does sound gross. Just out of curiosity, how did this happen?

Time until teeth yanking-7 Days 22 Hours 45 Minutes

Mundane
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Mundane » Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:36 pm

Honestly, getting teeth ripped out isn't that bad. My teeth don't fall out, think I've actually lost a total of three. The rest were ripped from my mouth.
"Evangelion's some heavy shit. I've heard people get into serious philosophical debates on the internet. Then they jack off." -C4

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:18 pm

Somehow I've managed not to have any major dental issues (aside from the WT) after being subjected to lots of metal, cement, and rubber bands in my youth. I need to floss more, and schedule another check-up, but I've never had a cavity. Recently, I've been well-behaved -- brushing and popping my retainer in every day before sleepies. I feel like such a big girl! Image

From what I recall, my WT were drilled out, not pulled out. I'm not sure if there's a significant difference. But, ahh, that burning enamel sure smelled... yeah.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby CorporalChaos » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:21 pm

Same treatment as Reichu, sans rubber bands.

I hate braces. :x
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:45 pm

I had to have a couple teeth pulled when I got braces. I don't remeber it being so bad. But then again none of them were molars.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby TriLink » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:01 pm

Seeing as how I'm going to get a couple of days of work for this, I think I'm going to buy some anime to get me through the boredom. Haven't seen Elfen Lied and I hear it's good so I'm leaning that way, but does anyone have recommendations?

Time until teeth yanking 2 Days 11 Hours

Mundane
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Mundane » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:52 pm

Wow, you haven't seen Elfen Lied?

Go do it, right now. Or whatever entity you believe in will kill you.

If you're an Atheist, you'll have a stroke.

I also recommend Mahou Sensei Negima, personally. I loved it.
"Evangelion's some heavy shit. I've heard people get into serious philosophical debates on the internet. Then they jack off." -C4

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:05 am

TriLink12 wrote: Haven't seen Elfen Lied and I hear it's good so I'm leaning that way, but does anyone have recommendations?

See the reccommendations sticky http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1139

It turned into the Elfen Lied fanboy thread a bit in the middle.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby TriLink » Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:31 pm

Mundane wrote:Wow, you haven't seen Elfen Lied?

Um, Elfen Lied it is.

I don't want to have a stroke... :shock:

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:45 pm

Mundane wrote:Wow, you haven't seen Elfen Lied?

Wow, I've been pretty lucky so far!
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Mundane
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Mundane » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:46 pm

That stroke is coming, trust me.

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby TriLink » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:36 pm

Okay, So I finally got my teeth pulled the other day. And let me tell you that by far it is the most painful, gut wrenching experience eve... Bah, just kidding! It wasen't so bad!

If I had to give the whole experience a grade as far as minor surgeries go this would get a B. The only things that really bothered me were how long your lip stays numb after the surgery (I couldn't feel mine for something like 5 hours) and the amount of bleeding. Even today, 4 days afterwards, I still find myself spitting up bits of blood here and there. Sure hope I'm not getting dry socket. That would suck.

I'm also finding it hard to eat solid food. Last night I tried my luck with some green beans and I got one of them stuck in the socket! I'm glad I didn't feel like peanuts :cry:

Eternal Yamcha
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Eternal Yamcha » Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:57 am

...You know NOTHING of painful teeth problems! My life has been an essay in what not to do with your mouth. I have about $15,000 USD spent on my teeth and they still suck. I can feel for you though, my twelve year molars came in destroyed, now my wisdom teeth are growing UNDERNEATH them, which sucks.

I had one twelve year molar removed which has allowed my wisdom tooth to come up normally... But the circumstances behind removing that tooth wasn't good. It was seriously infected, the pain was excrutiating, I was terribly sick and had I not had it removed I would have ended up in the ER within a week potentially fighting for my life. It took about a week for blood to stop being annoying, then I couldn't eat solid food easily for two weeks... The first thing I ate after getting my tooth removed was, of course, a huge hamburger >.> It was worth it.

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaysow » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:08 am

Alright, I had my lower right removed this morning. It was handpicked when an X-ray show my lower left to be tilting 40 degrees, and my lower right tilting a whooping 90 degrees. So they anaesthized me, slashed my gums open and split the crown over the middle, then removed it all piece by piece. Removed a small bit of infected gum too. Then they patched me up, and I've biting on a tissue the past 8 hours.
Weird part is; I feel fine. There's no swelling, none of the promised pain, not much bleeding, and really no complications at all. This went perfect.
Maybe a little too perfect...

If this is all there's to it, I'll be removing #2 on the 29th of november. Then I should be set for life :D
Last edited by Kaysow on Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:51 am

When I had mine removed, they did all 4 at once, I didn't get put under, there was no pain afterwards, no infections or swelling, and I even smoked the whole time. On the other hand, almost everyone I know (some posts in this thread can atest to that), at least had swelling and pain, if not worse complications.

I've never had many problems with my teeth, with the exception of a few root canals because of old fillings getting fucked up. My company has a dental plan on top of the health insurance so most of my dental work is covered, except that crazy new thing where they replace your old fillings with a custom milled piece of ceramic or something (very cool procedure).

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaysow » Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:40 pm

Are you sure you didn't just have yours yanked out then? I've done that, and it's nothing braggable. But this tooth of mine was still confined beneath the gum, inside my jaw. I can't really imagine doing more than one like that at once. I've had some serious warning that this was gonna hurt like living hell, but it seems I'm really lucky.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:15 pm

Kaysow wrote:Are you sure you didn't just have yours yanked out then? I've done that, and it's nothing braggable. But this tooth of mine was still confined beneath the gum, inside my jaw. I can't really imagine doing more than one like that at once. I've had some serious warning that this was gonna hurt like living hell, but it seems I'm really lucky.

You mean if they were impacted (I think that's what they called it), meaning it was still inside the bone, then yes. They weren't going to come in right, I had braces, if they moved they were going to screw up all my other teeth, top and bottom. I was told that I'd get bruises and swelling, but the swelling went away after the first day.

brainDamage
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby brainDamage » Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:02 am

o_0 wow. I just had all four of my wisdom teeth out as well. As for what I hear you guys saying, it depends on what stage of eruption you get them out. 3/4 of mine were close to eruption, and one had already begun. That one they had to shatter and remove the fragments. The other three came out intact somehow. They look like they removed them from Mr. Ed's mouth though, not mine. Kinda sad to lose such impressive chompers...

Vicodin's good though.

Edit: I have also heard horror stories. I am convinced that there may be something to be said for the surgeon's skillz as well as how bad the teeth are f*cked up that determines post op pain. I had little swelling, but my bottom sockets didn't drain fast and still get sensitive as hell. Mornings also suck, but I think thats bc I grind my teeth and that has to piss my sockets off. As for smoking, I'm going nuts. I heard three days or so you can smoke, but I had mine done on last Friday, and I still can't imagine having a cig. I tried to have a beer last night and either the carbonation or alcohol sent me into wincing pain.
"You don't know your own mind." -Jonathan Swift, Polite Conversation, 1738

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaysow » Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:49 am

Wow, I guess it all a matter of luck and/or surgeon skills. Impacted, I guess that was what mine are still. Only one more will have to go, I think.
The one I removed yesterday, I guess it was "erupting", as in causing an infection and hurting the tooth next to it.

It's been over 24 hours for me now, and I still haven't swelled. I'm not even on painkillers anymore. It really wasn't what I was expecting, so now I'm stoked.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”