So, who's into conspiracy theories?

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

So, who's into conspiracy theories?

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:58 am

Because I have a question; Are the Rothschild, Bilderberg, Illuminati, Free Masons, Skull and Bones, and Reptillians all the same group?
Last edited by ChaddyManPrime on Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

Sorrow
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Sorrow » Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:01 am

Yes.
The fate of man…the hope of man is written in sorrow.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:30 am

No, they're not. I can elaborate on what they all are if you like.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:32 am

^
Sure Good Sir, are they all connected though?
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:40 am

No, they're not all the same. My grandfather got an invitation to be a Freemason, though. (He declined.)

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:44 am

I think my uncle was a Freemason.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Sorrow
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Sorrow » Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:58 am

You mean they're not all absurd stretches in logic made by the mentally deficient? Sounds the same to me.

Actually, my great uncle was a Freemason, and my oldest friend's father was too. He had a collection of four or five books, and we very briefly looked at the first in the series. All it amounted to was an explanation of how they'll help pay for a wedding or funeral etcetera, other social events, and to get involved you had to already know a Freemason who recommends you. We didn't much care for it.

Essentially, a gentlemen's club.
The fate of man…the hope of man is written in sorrow.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:01 am

My paternal grest-grandfather was a Mason

the one in the hat  SPOILER: Show

and apart from the spelling of the family name changing with him (which, like most things, is best explained via cock-up), nothing relevant got passed down.

Otherwise, not so much conspiracies as toxic memes -- the difference between John W Campbell thinking that American communists were getting regular orders from Stalin and the rather more self-organizing Gramscian long march we actually see in e.g. media and education.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:15 am

I have a friend who is a Mason. He is a mid-level executive in a small building firm, but in his heart and with his hands he's just a builder. There is nothing of him, nothing at all, that would match anyone's preconception of a Mason.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:48 am

I believe that conspiracy theories are themselves the conspiricy, forged by shadowy internet people to try to stop the masss from dwelling on the cold, hard facts.

But in all seriousness, these groups are not all the same.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:36 pm

First of all the freemasons are mostly harmless. They're a social club that wears the trappings of an occult order. At some point they may have been an occult order but they have an amusing history- during the late middle ages and early modern period guilds of free masons formed and as you would expect of a proto-labor-movement they became hotbeds of what was, at the time, radical thinking. Privileged people began joining these guilds or patterning their own little clubs after them complete with secret handshakes and fancy schmancy degrees and ranks, and a made up origin that traces their traditions back to the building of the Temple of Jerusalem. 99% of freemasons are guys in a silly boys club for adults that do charity work and socialize.They're like Shriners or Odd Fellows or whatever. It's just a bit of fun. The Masons tend to enjoy playing up the sinister thing as indicated by their "society with secrets" mantra.

The Rothschilds are a family of Jewish bankers that are frequently invoked in anti-Semitic banking conspiracies. They allegedly own pretty much everything, control all the central banks of Europe, and control the world through control of monetary values and supply. They do in fact exist and are involved in several areas of business and finance but probably do not control everything.

The Bilderberg Conference is an annual, private meeting between bankers, politicians, and business leaders, named for the hotel where it was first held. The conspiracy party generally assumes these meetings are sinister and these people control world affairs and meet to determine the course of future events. That's not far off since that's pretty much the purpose of the meetings in the first place. How much actual control they have over anything is debateable.

The Illuminati are... complicated. The name comes from a Bavarian anarchist/classical liberal secret society founded in 1776. Today the term is used to refer to a group/groups that have links or trace their lineage to the original Bavarian society, which may or may not actually exist. Today there's a trend on the Internet to label gestures or oddities in album art as proof that various celebrities are members. Since what the Illuminati are and what their goals and methods may be are so vague and vary so much from theorist to theorist they make a convenient "man behind the man" or ultimate covert force for grand conspiracy theories that link various events.

Skull and Bones is a Yale university fraternity that enjoys a sinister reputation and trappings. There are many senior-only fraternities/societies at Yale but Skull and Bones is the most prominent and has the most illustrious member list. The incumbent George W. Bush and his opponent John Kerry in the 2004 presidential election are both Bonesmen, as were Bush's grandfather and uncle. The society is therefore assumed to either be or be a recruiting apparatus for a larger conspiracy.

The reptillians are shapeshifting aliens described by British conspiracy author David Icke, who posits that the ruling political class of the world is dominated by reptillian aliens from Alpha Draconis, a star in the Draco constellation. Icke's theories have their origin in alien abduction accounts that mention reptillian aliens predating the Barney and Betty Hill abductee account and the rise of the ubiquity of the "alien greys", as well as theosophy and other weird occult and psuedo-occult movements from the mystical revival of the late nineteenth century.

If any of these exist they are probably not all the same thing.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:35 pm

What about the theory of 9/11 being planned out by the American government as an excuse to invade Iraq for it's oil? The Truth Movement makes a point to bring that up every time they march up and down the streets of NYC, demanding the supposed "truth" come out into the open.

StarShaper7
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby StarShaper7 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:45 pm

I heard that it was likely that they had prior knowledge of the attacks, if they didn't play a part in them. And I felt stupid when I learned that it wasn't just the WTC that was attacked and that there were 4 planes in total that were hijacked.

My history/civics/geography teacher in parts of middle and high school showed us a documentary on 9/11 (he also showed us the Matrix). I don't remember too much about it, but ever since I've held that the official story at least has some holes in it, if it's not outright absurd. One thing in particular that was interesting was how there were explosions at the base of the building(s?) when the airplane crashed into it. I don't remember if that has been explained as being part of the structural design or something an engineer would know, but it did seem pretty weird to me at the time.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:59 pm

View Original PostGus Hanson wrote:an excuse to invade Iraq for it's oil
Which is why it took 18 months, a carpet-bombing of Afghanistan, and a separate WMD based casus belli before attention turned to Iraq, and when the oilfields returned to production under the new Iraqi government, the oil went on sale on the world market just as before.

The 9/11 whackjobs are just one of the more extreme forms of Bush Derangement Syndrome.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:27 pm

View Original PostGus Hanson wrote:What about the theory of 9/11 being planned out by the American government as an excuse to invade Iraq for it's oil?

Sheer idiocy, as the slightest bit of searching for facts will point out. Conspiracy theorists are everywhere, and each theory is often more inane than the last.

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Trajan » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:46 pm

I've never put much stock in conspiracy theories, but there is one that is the exception that proves the rule in my case: I don't believe Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone in assassinating President Kennedy and even if he was a lone gunman, I think somebody put him up to it and he didn't just decide to kill the president all on his own one day.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:53 pm

DID SOMEONE SAY CONSPIRACY THEORIES!?

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Seriously, I love me some conspiracy theories. I bet you the Rothschild's fortune I can match Chuckman pound for pound in conspiracy trivia.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

StarShaper7
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby StarShaper7 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:26 pm

I get the same kind of enjoyment from reading conspiracy theories as I do from reading a scary story.

They can be pretty funny too, like when they say that Obama bore the horns of a devil for one of his addresses
or that John freakin' Goodman was disguised as a cop for the "staged Sandy Hook massacre" based on the slightest of physical resemblances (it's a fat white guy, of course he's John Goodman)

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:58 pm

The apparent errors and inconsistencies in the events of 9/11 are sure signs that's what actually happened. Only fictional accounts can have perfect internal consistency with no problems or oddities. Some apparently inconsistency and confusion is the hallmark of truth.

Kennedy was shot by Lee Harvey Oswald acting alone. That doesn't mean there wasn't some conspiracy to make Kennedy vulnerable or facilitate Oswald's action, but the evidence points to Oswald and no one else firing the fatal shots. It's simply not possible for them to have come from another direction or another gun.

@StarShaper you don't need to reach like that to find occult imagery in everything the government does. Look at the back of a one dollar bill.
the prophecy is true

StarShaper7
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby StarShaper7 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:42 pm

Also, the 2012 Olympics opening and closing ceremonies were satanic rituals in anticipation of the birth of the Antichrist. Those weird-looking mascots were clearly the true forms of Prince William and Duchess Kate.

We can only hope that Nic Cage will be able to overcome the demons that have been attacking his soul and forcing him to make awesomely bad movies and fulfill his destiny as the reincarnation of Christ the Savior. This almost happened when he was set to play the role of Superman in that cancelled movie. But the forces of evil prevented this.

Putin and his secret lover Merkel are trying to take control over the EU so that their nephew, Prince George, will have an army and a vast empire when he comes of age. He cancelled Christmas vacations for his government's employees just to be a jerk though.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”