This non-canon fanfic did provided a few answers for me.

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

This non-canon fanfic did provided a few answers for me.

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:58 pm

I stumbled upon this overly long bit of fanfiction a few weeks ago, and it reignited my interest in the series. Like the first time i watched the series, I read this thing straight through. Took me about the same amount of time. Mind you, I read pretty fast, but this thing is LONG. :?

It is however, quite creative, and it gave me a new perspective on the series and the events post-EoE.

The basic premise is that after EoE, Shinji does not return to Earth, but to the theater again (oh yay!). There he is joined with Rei, Misato, and Asuka. From the theater, Shinji is tasked with the creation of a new genesis for mankind, ie he must create a new world in which mankind will be born again. These worlds are much like the alternate world seen in episode 26. As Shinji attempts to make a "perfect" world, the story goes back and forth between the world itself, and Shinji, who is observing the world from the theater with Asuka, Rei, and Misato.

:evil: CAUTION: Often the "plot twists" are contrived, unimaginative, and asinine. Occasionally approaching the worst sorts of stupid surprises any sort of entertainment could offer. My advice is to take a big sigh and remember that this was fan written and not an actual book. :?

:evil: CAUTION: Some parts are not suitable for children, such as explicit descriptions of certain sex acts. :oops:

:!: ALSO: The only reason I've posted this is because I could find no discussion of it through searching the forum posts. If a moderator wishes this moved to a different part of the forum because it is inherently non-canon material, so be it. I'm just trying to point out something new.

All that being said, heres the link http://www.animeprime.com/ff/geva/index.shtml

If I have inadvertently violated any rules or guidelines of these forums, allow me to apologize in advance.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:58 pm

Fanfic discussion goes in the Fandom & Promotional forum.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:02 am

Ah. Garden of Eva. I had wondered which of the many it might be, since much of the preamble (long, creative, citrus, contrived plot twists, different perspective on the end, non-canon) could apply to many other fics (NXE, anyone? - not that I'd recommend that one to illuminate what's really going on in NGE.)

GoE is a bit "tl;dr" for me; and so I'm uncertain if it is true that "the basic premise is that after EoE, Shinji does not return to Earth" - he is on Earth at the end of EoE, busy choking his Asuka. Slotted in before the Rei/Kaworu "do you want the AT fields back again?" scene, perhaps?

However, if "quite creative, and it gave me a new perspective on the series and the events post-EoE. " is what you want, I'd be happy to shamelessly plug my own fics (link in sig)
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:23 am

of course, aside from the premise, the interesting and creative stuff mostly happens at the end. :?
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:25 pm

You mean it's finished? Gosh, I haven't read this one since... summer of 2004. I wonder if the other TBCs are finished (Children of an Elder God, Ascension of the Lamb, etc.). I shall have to check when I find that much time to read fanfiction again, which will probably be never.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Return to “Fanfiction”