"Until You Come to me" EVA SHORT FILM 4.0 HYPE

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition").
The third installment debuted in Japan on November 17, 2012.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Re: "Until You Come to me" EVA SHORT FILM 4.0 HYPE

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:04 am

We've known for a while that at some point they decided to end Q at a different time than originally planned. Ogata interview from the original theatrical booklet hinted at this but we got more evidence as the making-of feature came out on the BD.

While 2.0 was divided into A, B, C and D parts, Q was only up to C. Peaceful Time and Until you Come to Me use the storyboards and other material from that pretty much confirmed original D part.

I know there's discussion of this in the forum somewhere but I can't remember where. MNEF also mentions this multiple times.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

ChaddyManPrime
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:55 pm

Is this due to them splitting up Q and Final?
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:16 pm

No. There were always going to be four films, though at one time it was suggested that the last two would come out in quick succession.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: Shinji feels oddly embarrassed sharing a bath with Kaworu (details); Past avatars.
Afterwards... a post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:12 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:We've known for a while that at some point they decided to end Q at a different time than originally planned. Ogata interview from the original theatrical booklet hinted at this but we got more evidence as the making-of feature came out on the BD.

Is this feature only on the Japanese BD or is this on the North American version as well? I'm asking because some special features don't work on my copy.

Gendo'sPapa
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:20 am

Hopefully moving Part D to the fourth film means Final will be a nice & lengthy picture. I would love for the first twenty minutes or so of Final to just be a character piece with Asuka, Rei & Shinji walking across the Red Wastelands & really talking to each other for likely the first time ever.

Though I kind've expect the actual opening scene of Final will be a flashback action sequence to some formative event in the story. Maybe Yui getting absorbed into Unit 01 & the Eva going berserk OR some event from the timeskip that shows a key moment in Misato's development.... THEN Asuka, Rei & Shinji walking across the Red Wastelands!

SEELE-01
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:58 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:...at one time it was suggested that the last two would come out in quick succession.

That came out just as planned :lol:
AVATAR: Remaining active time: 00:00

Visit my blog & Tumblr

BlueBasilisk
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:26 pm

Thanks, Numbers! ^_^

I kinda wish the content had been in the movie because it looks like it might provide some answers, but it would have really screwed with the pacing of the movie. I can't imagine 3.0 not ending like it does.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:08 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:Though I kind've expect the actual opening scene of Final will be a flashback action sequence to some formative event in the story. Maybe Yui getting absorbed into Unit 01 & the Eva going berserk OR some event from the timeskip that shows a key moment in Misato's development.... THEN Asuka, Rei & Shinji walking across the Red Wastelands!

I can't imagine Final not starting with an action sequence. Both 2.0 and Q started with absolutely fantastic, grabbing action set pieces that fully displace everything else from your brain priming you only for what's to come next.

That said I don't think Q's original D part will survive intact into Final. They've had years to play around and probably fine-tuned the parts necessary for the new film while discarding the rest.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

DarkBluePhoenix
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:33 am

pwhodges wrote:No. There were always going to be four films, though at one time it was suggested that the last two would come out in quick succession.

Well let's just hope Anno's idea of "quick succession" isn't like that of Gabe Newell's idea of how long people have had to wait for Half-Life 3, which all said and done with its current release date in 2018 is 11 damn years after Half-Life 2!

Just saying, we could be in for a very long and arduous wait... ;_;
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:49 am

I have made the mistake of looking up the lyrics to "Danny Boys".

Now I'm having all these feels again. :rei_hissyfit:
And I know an eighteenth charm, and that charm is the greatest of all, and that charm I can tell to no man, for a secret that no one knows but you is the most powerful secret there can ever be.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion”