plugsuit construction

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

plugsuit construction

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:15 pm

[Split from the pic thread.]

View Original PostChamucaRobota wrote:Her expression is a bit creepy, though... Taking off the plugsuit is so liberating as unhooking your bra?

You would have a similar expression if you were that fabulous.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:25 pm

View Original PostChamucaRobota wrote:Taking off the plugsuit is so liberating as unhooking your bra?

Personally, I love when artists put a bike with Asuka.

Think of it like a skintight, all-body bra.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:52 pm

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote:Think of it like a skintight, all-body bra.

We have already determined that plugsuits do not confer that level of support.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:54 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:We have already determined that plugsuits do not confer that level of support.

Then a bra that causes all the sweatiness, irritation, skin/strap compression and general uncomfortableness of a bra without actually doing anything useful. Also known as a big fat serving of awful.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:01 pm

Asuka likes to wear hers around so it can't be that bad. Or am I misremembering? Doesn't she hang out in one at some point or am I just thinking about her head things?

I would expect they're either surprisingly comfortable or not designed for the pilot's physical comfort at all and thus a pain in the ass to wear for extended periods. I would think it's the former, though. Wouldn't a distraction contradict their supposed purpose of enhancing synchronization?

Also we need to consider the possibility that they are rock solid (despite having the suit that appears to have the least amount of support, Rei's boobs don't bounce that often) and Mari's boobs are just abnormally dense and heavy.
the prophecy is true

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:09 pm

I can't recall the pilots ever wearing their plugsuits at a time that wasn't directly before, during, or directly after an Evangelion sortie. As to the comfort of the plugsuits, I agree that they're probably not bad-- but being inside any skintight garment for long enough inside a tube filled with liquid is going to get kind of uncomfortable. It's the sort of thing that makes you wonder if the pilots get prune fingers after taking their suits off, or if they ever have moisture-related problems eg. athlete's goot.

I doubt that they're rock solid since we see how easily they can fold. Thick, probably-- but not solid. I think we can also assume that Rei and Asuka, despite being bitterly locked in a battle to determine who has the bigger boobies, both pale in comparison to Mari.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:12 pm

Parts of them are clearly something other than the super-flexible material. Rei's suit appears to have a shaped chest piece built in while Asuka's has more traditional cups but they're a funny shape and not attached to anything so there's no reason why they wouldn't just flop around uselessly. They also have whatever is in the backpack part and a built in ability to defibrillate the pilots so there's no reason to assume that they wouldn't have sports-bra like padding built in and something like an athletic cup for Shinji.
the prophecy is true

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:15 pm

That would be the thick parts, yeah. I wasn't really thinking about the back unit when I was typing, but I'd guess that it's made out of some kind of thick plastic. Maybe bakelite, since it's used for a ton of other things in the Evaverse. While they're flexible, we can hear them creak as the pilots make more complex movements, so it stands to reason that they're a thicker kind of latex, which would be suited pretty well to stop breasts from jostling around too much.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:18 pm

Considering how they work I've always assumed they're made of some kind of memory cloth, like Batman's cape. The wrist switch controls an electrical current that returns them to a programmed shape for the pilot's body, which is why Shinji found Asuka's suit uncomfortable.

Clearly that also means that at some point post-Q the backup batteries in the pilot's suits will wear out and they will go baggy and they'll all have to strip and carry them.
the prophecy is true

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:27 pm

More proof that, as I have always said, great things flow from breasts.
the prophecy is true

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:59 pm

I just dread how much they would ride up in the crotch & ass.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:00 am

If we consider that the plugsuits might be made out of a thicker latex-ish material, riding up wouldn't be much of a problem.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:55 am

Well Asuka and Mari's second plugsuits in Q definitively ride up!
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:03 am

So this is a thread.
I would think that the fact that they are skintight and you need to be naked while wearing them kinda implies they would ride up.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:04 am

I've always imagined that they work like those vacuum bags that are used to store food for long periods of time, and that the somewhat bulky unit on the back is the vacuum system itself. The button on the wrist would activate the vacuum unit and suck all the air out of the suit.
[Redacted]

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:29 am

They do suck the air out of the suit: you can see their a gust of wind coming from the collar overture and ruffling the pilot hair when he activate the suit.

As for why they have to wear it naked, it's stated that somehow they facilitate the synchronization (episode 1, Rits comments that Shinji managed a 40% without even a plugsuit), so the plugsuit certainly have many in-built systems to assist in the synchronization.
Finally, life support system such as a defibrillator work better when there isn't clothes between the device and skin.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:49 am

Although, that would be air forced out of the collar, implying that the suit seals asymmetrically in such a way to catch air pockets at the upper part of the body (that don't get forced out through the unit on their backs.)

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:46 am

View Original PostChuckman wrote:We have already determined that plugsuits do not confer that level of support.

Not support: constriction. No matter how much something breathes, it is always a relief to remove an article of skin tight clothing (the closest equivalent that I can think of with experience in is Under Armour, which yes I know is not nearly the same material, but the sensation of removing it I think would be very similar).
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

LukeMM95
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby LukeMM95 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:14 am

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:I just dread how much they would ride up in the crotch & ass.

Me too. Also how much room do the plugsuits offer...down there?

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:27 pm

For the guys, obviously an appropriate amount. Not so much for the girls, though-- as demonstrated by Shinji's uncomfortableness in episode 8. :lol:

Either that or Shinji and Toji just have small wingdigglers.

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”