Everything is Rockin'! [RML Thread 4]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Re: Everything is Rockin'! [RML Thread 4]

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:43 am

After-event report.

https://sunog-baga.tumblr.com/post/1646 ... to-cut-the

Let's just say I lived up to this day and got not one but two. :)

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:05 pm

My girlfriend made me a super cute Splatoon plush

SPOILER: Show

It's the best gift ever :nyao:

imprimatur13
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby imprimatur13 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:22 pm

Joseki, are those the Rebuilds on top of the X-Files DVD?
My first fanfic: Neon Genesis Craig-Insertion
Kyoko's Melons: Currently being completely rewritten, so... if anyone liked it so far, great. I did too. But... not enough. ;)

EvaGeeks Discord server: https://discord.gg/MgA8Ev7

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:25 pm

View Original PostJoseki wrote:My girlfriend made me a super cute Splatoon plush

It's the best gift ever :nyao:

Awesome plush your girlfriend is very talented ^_^

Yeah that looks like X files to me :shifty:

Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:58 pm

View Original Postimprimatur13 wrote:Joseki, are those the Rebuilds on top of the X-Files DVD?

Yes they are, it's the Italian BD release.

silvermoonlight wrote:Yeah that looks like X files to me :shifty:

It's the complete series from season 1 to 10. I love X-Files, it's my favorite TV show and I'm a proud Mulder x Scully shipper. :nyao:

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:25 am

View Original PostJoseki wrote:Yes they are, it's the Italian BD release.

It's the complete series from season 1 to 10. I love X-Files, it's my favorite TV show and I'm a proud Mulder x Scully shipper. :nyao:

I love X files to, its a great series and I loved the monster of the week episodes and Scully and Mulder make a great couple ^_^
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:30 pm

As I was going to pick my dog up from the vet today, I got a call from my old manager, basically offering me a job. I always knew I could get that job back, but previously they had been saying that it would have to be at a different location. Now I guess they really need help and they want me back on the same team (with a manager I'm familiar with). The job opportunity comes at a good time since finances have been an issue lately, especially with my dog's vet bill. Starting wage would be more than what I make now, I probably would get more hours, AND I think it would work better for school. I'm also not a fan of some of the drama that goes on at my current job either. Plus I get to say that I didn't go begging for my old job back; they came to me. ^_^ Going to talk with my old manager this weekend, and we shall see.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:39 pm

Congrats Sachi & I hope the dog gets better.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:12 pm

Good luck, Sachi!
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:04 am

I feel better now. I was upset. But now I'm not. I'm okay. I'm gonna be okay.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:46 am

I wasn't sure whether to put this here or in FML...

I've been working one one aspect of what our software product does since it was a complete green-field effort in the winter 08-09; over the summer, following an acquisition made at the start of the year, there was a decision to consolidate that aspect along with a bunch of related stuff to the team thus acquired. So, for the past month or so, we've been preparing training materials, and last week was an intensive brain-dumping session in a mix of death by PowerPoint and pair-programming when a bunch of them came over.

That seems to have gone well, and notionally, they should now be at the sharp end for everything, and we just provide backstop advice (and tidy up any loose ends from the training) for the next few weeks. The FML aspect is that it still looks like the crufty problems will still be landing with us, as we retain responsibilities for the bits that sit around the part that has been handed over.

OTOH, when I took this job to cash in on the dotcom boom, my contract of employment only ran to my 60th birthday (subsequently amended due to changes in the law), and I wasn't sure whether with my wife's health, I would actually be able to continue in work that far. So, as it stands, I can afford to retire to spend more time with my wife (and indeed, many of the other men I know who are in a similar position have given up work while their wives are in much better shape physically). It will just depend whether what I might get assigned to next is sufficient to motivate me to get out of bed over the coming winter.

EDIT -- random "to" removed to clarify the last para.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:16 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:So, as it stands, I can to afford to retire to spend more time with my wife

I'm hoping that I am correct as reading that as "can afford" rather than "can't afford".

Giving up work on a much-loved project can seem as if it would be a wrench; but my experience is that so long as you have something else to which you are or can become dedicated in its place, it's actually surprisingly easy.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:52 am

That's a positive "can" -- the result of having saved religiously since I was little, having maintained a modest lifestyle since being a student, and, most importantly, not having moved house for over 30 years, and thus having long paid off the mortgage. It was only comparatively recently that I actually did the sums, though, and realised that the main reason for me to keep going to work was to get me out of the house a few days each week.

That meant that during a particularly crunchy time in the spring, I was the only one on the team who managed to maintain a level of ZFG calm -- it's just the going from "I have my FU fund" to "Sayonara, suckers!" that's the bit that's causing me trepidation.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:47 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:it's just the going from "I have my FU fund" to "Sayonara, suckers!" that's the bit that's causing me trepidation.

Well, I simply encourage you to realise that it won't be the big deal you fear. Good luck!
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )

Cybermat47
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Cybermat47 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:26 am

Well, I'm feeling kind of suicidal right now - but given that right now I'm pretty tired, while a few years ago I was suicidal even when well rested, I'm seeing it as a sign of progress. Everything's relative.

Oh, and with any luck, I should be a Firefighter in a few weeks or so ^_^
Reichu wrote:It’s all weird and phallic.

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:31 am

Please send prayers/well wishes on Monday my aunt is having back surgery (3 disk are messed up out of nowhere) & my Grandfather (on mom's side) should be getting results on a test for cancer.

View Original PostCybermat47 wrote:Well, I'm feeling kind of suicidal right now - but given that right now I'm pretty tired, while a few years ago I was suicidal even when well rested, I'm seeing it as a sign of progress. Everything's relative.

Oh, and with any luck, I should be a Firefighter in a few weeks or so ^_^

Congratulations (my dad is a fire fighter), thank you for your future service.
Sent prayers for your unfortunate mood to fade away. Stay strong.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:02 am

Hope your feel better soon Cybermat47, and good luck with the firefighting.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:26 pm

My eighth grandchild (the fourth with some of my genes) arrived a couple of hours ago, and is named Benedict Nao (那鳳).

imprimatur13
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby imprimatur13 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:36 pm

Congratulations, Paul! Brought by the phoenix? :tongue: (Apparently that's what the second character means, "phoenix"...) What does the first character of the name mean?
My first fanfic: Neon Genesis Craig-Insertion
Kyoko's Melons: Currently being completely rewritten, so... if anyone liked it so far, great. I did too. But... not enough. ;)

EvaGeeks Discord server: https://discord.gg/MgA8Ev7

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:44 am

- My Aunt's 2 back surgeries seem to have gone properly.
- My Grandfather's cancer test came back clean as can be.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”