Fondling Bardiel's ears

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Fondling Bardiel's ears

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:37 am

Here's a little challenge. Write a scene which ends naturally with a sentence essentially like:

"Shinji closed his eyes for a few moments, while he fondled Bardiel's ears".

After seven months of writing, that is the perfectly natural ending of my fanfic - though I didn't see it coming even as recently as last night.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:24 pm

Hm. Let's see what I can come with completely on the fly since I'm out of writing practice:

SPOILER: Show
Desperately holding Eva-03 back, pushing all of Eva-01's weight against the Eva-turned-Angel, Shinji felt sweat drip down his brow. Tears were about to form in his eyes, his anxiety heightened. He was at a loss on what to do, the only available pilot currently on the field.

How in the world would he be able to save the other pilot with that....goop... leaking out of the Angel, trapping them tightly within the entry plug?!

Shinji's teeth grit, Eva-01 successfully managed to neutralize the enemy's AT Field, now maintaining a safe enough distance. He managed a shaky smile. Prog Knife giving off an almost otherworldly glow in the robot's(?) right hand, at the ready.

...Then...

Bardiel...howled? Shinji blinked.

The infected Evangelion took a kneeling position, more or less stretching out like a dog. The young pilot could have sworn he heard an excited pant from the Angel, as he blinked again.

An image of Misato flashed in his mind. This was beginning to feel like another one of her harebrained operations!

With slight shrug and a silent prayer, Shinji's Eva-01 threw the Prog Knife a few feet away. Sure enough, the Angel happily and promptly retrieved it like a bone. The Angel then sat, staring at Eva-01 expectantly.

How did that saying go again? When in Rome...

Shinji closed his eyes for a few moments, while he fondled Bardiel's ears.

Yes, I made this vague on which continuity, for extra fun.
Edited for fixed typo.
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:49 pm

:hitthetable:

I literally lol'd, SSD.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Sorrow
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Sorrow » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:38 am

I don't think the challenge was to use the sentence itself, but to end with the creation of a sentence that is very alike in nature - not to detract from what you have written.
The fate of man…the hope of man is written in sorrow.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:34 am

I should have responded earlier to say I liked that!

(SSD's was very much what I had on mind; but I also liked Sorrow's very different approach, which is no longer available.)
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Sorrow
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Sorrow » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:10 pm

Then I must apologise to Sailor Star Dust.

That'll teach me for believing I understand something.
The fate of man…the hope of man is written in sorrow.

Return to “Fanfiction”