Street Fighter 5 announced for PS4 and PC

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Street Fighter 5 announced for PS4 and PC

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:51 am

Trailer: [url]http://a.pomf.se/uxpcau.webm[/url]

-Sony are co-developing Street Fighter V with Capcom. Capcom says PS4 is the only console that Street Fighter V will appear on. PS4 version will be cross play compatible with the PC version

-Ultra Street Fighter IV announced for PS4. Release date is this spring. Game will debut first on PS4.

-More info and footage, next Saturday at Capcom Cup event.
Last edited by Dima on Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

Sorrow
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Sorrow » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:11 am

Take me back to dear old parries.

The models look nice-ergh, at least; though, they still have that god awful ink smudge.

Interesting that they agreed to an exclusive when all competition footage I have seen was played on the 360. I also believe nearly all the top players were on the 360 leaderboards, too.

I should like to see my...

The video has already been removed.
The fate of man…the hope of man is written in sorrow.

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:13 am

Damn it was a mirrored one too. Capcom leaked it early so now they are taking down all the videos.

Also yeah this is a big win for Sony and PS4. The fighting base was on 360 and now PS4 will get all of it.
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference

Sorrow
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Sorrow » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:24 am

I half imagine it to be a timed exclusive; it would be really quite strange to completely cut off the vast majority of their console players. Sure, they're making money now, but their sales will be much poorer than they could be. An entire fan-base won't all shift to a different console - at most a quarter of them will.

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:35 am

Well PS4 is leading the console race with a big difference despite Xbone being cheaper in most places (thanks to different deals). Also Sony (or some study) said that many early PS4 adopters were 360 owners. Another thing is that since the PSone days, Street Fighter is associated with Playstation. So i don't think Capcom cares much about if they lose some users. Plus there is a PC version coming so.... (yeah i know that fighting community is very small on PC but it's better than nothing).

Who knows. Maybe SF5 Arcade edition and Ultra Street Fighter 5 will come to Xbone.
Last edited by Dima on Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:39 am

kinda hyped

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:06 am

looking at it, I kinda feel like it should probably have SF4:(whatever)edition.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:14 am

View Original PostNemZ wrote:looking at it, I kinda feel like it should probably have SF4:(whatever)edition.

I saw that opinion in others forums as well but why people are saying that? It looks good to me with a little more realistic touch than the SF4 graphics.

Plus this is a fighting game so gameplay matters the most.

Sorrow
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Sorrow » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:44 am

I didn't know which console had sold more, and you probably have a good point. It's just for whatever reason, most fighting game fans seemed to prefer the 360 far and above the PS3[s]---[/s]probably due to Xbox Live being a more favourable service[s]---[/s]and I don't really imagine them selling many consoles based on the strength of Street Fighter V, especially when some iteration will more than likely be available for Xbox One at some point. They'll have the arcade until then, anyway.

Also, it wasn't ever a Playstation game, really. They have been on the Super Nintendo, Mega Drive (Genesis), Dreamcast, Saturn... Street Fighter really doesn't have a main house; like say Metal Gear Solid. Well, except for the arcade.

I feel like the graphical style should have been more detached from 4, certainly, but I'm more concerned about game changes like having no revenge meter of sorts and just a super bar. I have a feeling guard meter/breaking from the Alpha series will make a return. We'll see how it goes.

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:04 pm

Cant wait for Super Street Fighter V: Hyper Turbo Arcade Edition + Alpha

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:58 pm

^.......special mega edition
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:04 pm

^
Reloaded.
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:08 pm

Listen, I've given capcom a lot of praise, and a lot of crap. On one hand they have bad business practices and customer screwing policies. On the other hand, they've created some of my favorite game characters and franchises.

So as a street fighter fan, I want to buy this. On the other hand, I don't want to encourage company policy like this in the future.

As long as it brings somethingnew to the gameplay, and not just be sf4 with a new wrapper I'll be happy.

But here are a few things Id like to see:

1. A halfway decent, well written story mode to encourage casual gamers to pick it up.

2. New characters that aren't just derivatives of previous character models (I'm looking at you decapre).

3. Bring back some old characters for nostalgias sake (Karin, Pullum, Rainbow Mika, Morrigan, and Felicia from Darkstalkers etc.)

4. Gameplay variation. Mortal Kombat is wiping the floor with its old rival in that department, it shouldn't be too hard for Capcom to do something to change up their old mechanics with the Ps4 hardware.

5. Take risks. Don't be afraid to kill off a marketable character to show the bad guy means business!

6. No Disc Locked Content!

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:09 pm

Poison will be back right? she was fun to play.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Sorrow
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Sorrow » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:18 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:3. Bring back some old characters for nostalgias sake (Karin, Pullum, Rainbow Mika, Morrigan, and Felicia from Darkstalkers etc.)
Karin and R. Mika are trademarked to different people/companies, and that is why Capcom haven't brought them back. Let EX characters die and no one wants to see Darkstalker characters in Street Fighter. I wouldn't like it to become even more of a farce than it already is; it's not the same as adding those from Final Fight.

4. Gameplay variation. Mortal Kombat is wiping the floor with its old rival in that department, it shouldn't be too hard for Capcom to do something to change up their old mechanics with the Ps4 hardware.
Again, just tossing in a ton of variety may sound like a great idea, but it makes the game unfocused, potentially fragments people into more sections and generally makes the game inadequate. I'd like to see a confident product with a limited roster.

I'm undecided on some of the other points you made.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:03 pm

Removed all that nonsense.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:03 pm

View Original PostSorrow wrote:Karin and R. Mika are trademarked to different people/companies, and that is why Capcom haven't brought them back. Let EX characters die and no one wants to see Darkstalker characters in Street Fighter. I wouldn't like it to become even more of a farce than it already is; it's not the same as adding those from Final Fight. .

Seriously? Considering their prominence in spinoff media (like the excellent UDON comics) and fan demand, I thought they'd at least consider it. But they're owned by other companies? That sucks, Karin was one of my faves in street fighter alpha.

As for the gameplay complaint If they just recycle gameplay from previous installments, they'll be accused of being lazy. Not that these complaints are entirely invalid. . . Again, I've given Capcom a lot of grief over the years. But I'd like them to add something new gameplay wise

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:10 pm

Sorrow

You are a khaki coloured bombardier and it's Hiroshima that you're nearing.

That's the best comparision I've heard about me. I'm tempted to put it in my sig :lol:

And to stay on topic of Street Fighter, my only interest in it is Cammy. She's my favourite so I'm only interested in how she'll turn out.
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:11 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:1. A halfway decent, well written story mode to encourage casual gamers to pick it up.

This. Just this. For one time put a little effort in the story. Even if it's a fighting game.

View Original PostRay wrote:5. Take risks. Don't be afraid to kill off a marketable character to show the bad guy means business!

Can't see that happening. Especially with a famous character.

View Original PostRay wrote:6. No Disc Locked Content!

After what happened last time i doubt they will try anything similar this time.

Sorrow
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Sorrow » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:17 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:Seriously? Considering their prominence in spinoff media (like the excellent UDON comics) and fan demand, I thought they'd at least consider it. But they're owned by other companies? That sucks, Karin was one of my faves in street fighter alpha.

As for the gameplay complaint If they just recycle gameplay from previous installments, they'll be accused of being lazy. Not that these complaints are entirely invalid. . . Again, I've given Capcom a lot of grief over the years. But I'd like them to add something new gameplay wise
I wasn't fond of Karin, but I certainly wouldn't be against her involvement in a Street Fighter game. She has her fans, and she's unique enough; but yeah, they'd have to pay royalties for her or something.

Beyond trials, training, arcade, and versus I really don't think any more modes are required - provided it's a decent game. If the system is a joy to learn, then just going at it with someone head to head with the sole purpose of improving is more than enough.

World Tour or whatever it was from Alpha wasn't too bad.

Stillborn: then, I can only apologise.

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”