Batman Arkham Knight

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

EvangelionGodMode
Sachiel
Sachiel

Batman Arkham Knight

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionGodMode » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:22 pm

Probably the most hyped ive been for a game in a while. Hopefully this will revive single player gaming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsf78BS9VE0 - The first official trailer for the game.

I honestly don't know what to think of the arkham knight. I honestly don't think it would be any minor villian such as hush. Hes no where near as skilled as batman is in combat to take him on. My two theories are that he is a manifestation of batman's mind through Scarecrow's fear gas or he is Jason Todd. Pretty sure that joker will be in this one or at least make a cameo. Hes just too important to completely forget about.
Bong. James Bong. Bruce lee the way I kick it, Tiger Woods the way I hit it.-Blake ,Workaholics.
To put it in laid man terms, hes getting laid man.-Blake, Workaholics.
"You shoulda known the price of evil"-M Shadows

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:58 pm

Bumping this thread, because I just got some exciting news; the Arkham Knight is going to be released on my birthday (06/02)! :D What? This isn't exciting for anybody else? I need to get myself a PS4 before then.

The Arkham series is one of my favorite game series. The openness of the world, the versatility of the gameplay, and of course, BATMAN, makes each play through a highly enjoyable experience. Most recently, when Arkham Origins was released with the improved flight mechanics, I would ignore the story and fly around for hours like a giddy schoolboy. Now that we have Arkham Knight on the way, with a map supposedly five times as big as in Arkham City (almost twice as big as Origins), not to mention THE BATMOBILE, I can only imagine how long I'm going to lock myself up for once this game comes out. I'm also really stoked to have Scarecrow as a main villain, rather than as a side villain or a comic relief like he has been in his more recent portrayals before this.

The rumors that the Arkham Knight character could possibly be Jason Todd have be squashed, since the DLC announced for this game features Jason Todd's Red Hood as a playable character (which I'm also really excited for). I'm hoping that the Arkham Knight truly is an original character as they claim he is, and not secretly an already established character.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:15 pm

I am excited for it. I will probably get the PC versions since i don't think i will have a PS4 by then. My favorite Batman game was Arkham Asylum which i played on PS3. Arkham City left a mixed impression. I have yet to try Origin.

I also hope that Arkham Knight will end up as worthy villian. His design looks sick

There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:32 pm

Gonna buy this for my PS4 eventually.

Can't decide which one is my favorite Arkham. On one hand I really like open world aspect of City, but I also liked more stealthy approach of Asylum.

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Trajan » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:46 pm

Loved the first two games in the series, so I have high hopes for this game.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:29 am

Looking forward to see how they take the series in this one
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:19 am

Latest word is that Arkham Knight has received an M rating, primarily for blood and torture. It's exciting to see that they're really not holding back with this one, given that this will be the last game in the series. And with Scarecrow as the main villain, this is shaping up to be that darkest Batman yet. Have I mentioned it comes out on my birthday? :D (answer: yes).

I need a PS4!
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Trajan » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:09 pm

I have faith that they won't go full Frank Miller on this, but I think the level of violence was just fine in the last couple installments. It was plenty disturbing without having to go out of its way to show you all the grisly stuff, but I guess that's just a problem with media in general these days.
Movin' Right Along

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:40 pm

Arkham City had that "for thirteen year old boys, by thirteen year old boys" feel that I hate. I love bouncy toon boobies and garish violence as much as a chuckman can, but it left a bad taste in my mouth.

The one that doesn't have the Kevin Conroy held my attention for all of five minutes.

I'll try this game eventually if I can drive the batmobile.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:31 pm

The game got postponed (again) and will now be coming out on June 23rd, rather than on June 2nd, my birthday. :spout: *heartbroken* Oh, well. This gives me more time to actually save up for the console to play it on.
- Sachi

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Trajan » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:41 pm

View Original PostSachi wrote:The game got postponed (again) and will now be coming out on June 23rd, rather than on June 2nd, my birthday. :spout: *heartbroken* Oh, well. This gives me more time to actually save up for the console to play it on.

It's just three weeks, that's hardly a big delay considering that games take years to develop. I'll take a delay to fix some bugs than another Assassin's Creed: Unity any day.
Movin' Right Along

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:34 pm

View Original PostTrajan wrote:It's just three weeks, that's hardly a big delay considering that games take years to develop. I'll take a delay to fix some bugs than another Assassin's Creed: Unity any day.

Yeah, it could have definitely been a lot worse. It had been delayed once before from its original December release date, back when I had no hopes of possibly having enough money for the necessary console and so I didn't care.
- Sachi

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Also, Yahtzee didn't approve. Bl

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:48 am

View Original PostSachi wrote:The game got postponed (again) and will now be coming out on June 23rd, rather than on June 2nd, my birthday. :spout: *heartbroken* Oh, well. This gives me more time to actually save up for the console to play it on.

You could buy a "broken" one for half price. HDMI and Blu ray drive issues are pretty easy to fix. BLOD only if you have a hot air rework station. :tongue:

@Topic: Is Kevin Conroy back yet? That and the lack of front runner Rouges Gallery is why I avoided Origins.
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

Re: Also, Yahtzee didn't approve. Bl

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:30 am

View Original PostAlaska Slim wrote:@Topic: Is Kevin Conroy back yet? That and the lack of front runner Rouges Gallery is why I avoided Origins.

Yep.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:16 am

AWWW YEEAH. IT'S FINALLY HERE.

I only had a chance to play a couple of the first story missions last night when it was made available for play, and the rest of the time I spent exploring the absolutely gorgeous and immense Gotham City map. This game is nice, and unlike Origins, you get almost immediate access to the open map. The flight is much improved; you go faster, farther, and it's easier to gain altitude using the dive/pull-up method. The Batmobile is pretty awesome as well, although the style is a little too militant for my tastes; the controls are at least really smooth, and switching from battle mode to drive mode is seamless. The streets are fun to drive, and there's all sorts of things going on, such as car chases between cops and thugs; it's really neat to chase down random thugs in getaway cars and stop them.

I've yet to see the Akrham Knight himself, but I plan on grinding through a lot of this game later today once I'm home from school. I'm really happy with Scarecrow's portrayal so far.
- Sachi

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:48 pm

The game was pretty good.
I think I liked it a bit more than City.

Also, I've heard that the pc port is Dark souls 1 - tier bad.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:51 pm

I beat the game the other night, and did enough of the side missions to get the secret ending (only to be shown a snippet of it, followed by "to see the FULL secret ending, complete ALL the side missions.") Overall it was a great game; it was everything I hoped for and more. The storytelling was focused and with purpose, an improvement over the previous titles. There were a couple moments that caught me by surprise and brought out the fanboy in me.

My only disappointment was the big reveal for the Akrham Knight's identity, but within the context of the story I don't have much to complain about; it worked for the narrative, and that's about all I can ask for. Scarecrow was portrayed perfectly through and throughout.

I think this game easily beats all those prior in the series, especially for those who like the open-world aspect. I'm gonna go through it again on New Game+ and work on all the side stuff.

I also have heard that a lot of people were disappointed by the Harley Quinn DLC. While it was rather short and easy, it was still a lot of fun, particularly her unique approach to the predator missions; there's just something so satisfying about running around in a tutu and stockings while bashing heads in with a baseball bat.
Last edited by Sachi on Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Sachi

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:09 pm

^

Thanks for the impressions. From what i read (other forums, review, impressions etc) this is the best Arkham game. I was planning to play it on PC but after hearing about the problems i will get it for PS4 (when i get one) because the game runs perfect on it. Digital foundry article here.

[url]http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-batman-arkham-knight-face-off[/url]

In the meantime i will buy Arkham Origins and replay Asylum and City soon after.
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

EvangelionGodMode
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionGodMode » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:02 pm

My main complaints with this game is the prob the lack of creativity in the boss fights, actually I wouldn't even call most of them boss fights, a lot of the time it's just a button sequence to take the boss down, which blows bc throughout the whole series the boss fights were really solid and creative. 2nd the ending was a bit abrupt and kinda lame. Won't spoil anything for anyone who hasn't played yet. The batmobile being overused sucks too bc most of the story involves you having to do a tank fight before you get to your objective. The constant rain can also make it kinda hard to see at times.
Bong. James Bong. Bruce lee the way I kick it, Tiger Woods the way I hit it.-Blake ,Workaholics.
To put it in laid man terms, hes getting laid man.-Blake, Workaholics.
"You shoulda known the price of evil"-M Shadows

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:35 pm

View Original PostEvangelionGodMode wrote:My main complaints with this game is the prob the lack of creativity in the boss fights, actually I wouldn't even call most of them boss fights, a lot of the time it's just a button sequence to take the boss down, which blows bc throughout the whole series the boss fights were really solid and creative.

Origins had a really strong focus on the boss battles, so I wonder if that's why they chose to focus less on them in Arkham Knight (or the other way, wherein they focused more on boss fights in Origins because they knew there'd be less in Knight). Perhaps they decided that the boss fights broke the flow of the gameplay too much for what was intended, which I can definitely see.
- Sachi

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”