Avatar: The Last Airbender (WTF is your avatar/sig from?)

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender (WTF is your avatar/sig from?)

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:07 am

Oh. Sorry about that, I haven't been here in a while, couldn't remember what was okay and what wasn't for a minute there.

I guess back to an old standard, I suppose. It was long overdue anyway. Also, gonna leave the signature as-is. I like what I've already got there.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:32 pm

Just some LD Cover Misato for whenever I'm properly back:

~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Mack
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Mack » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:20 pm

Can't go wrong with Misato in style.

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:30 am

Rei has come for your soul.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:38 pm

Cool, finally Instrumentality will turn me into orange juice.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:27 am

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:Rei has come for your soul.

Good.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:27 am

Better get in line, then. I owe mine to like...five or six different people/deities/omnipotent beings.

I'll change the picture 'round again, this time to something more fitting of my recent (and soon-to-be) releases.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:01 pm

Edit: This is by far the best one

It won't go inline so I'll just link it: https://twitter.com/i/web/status/823347357236531201
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:47 am

Why has the acceptability of punching Nazis suddenly become something the internet has to debate about? I thought this was settled back in 1941.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:54 am

Unprovoked assault for political disagreement is not acceptable, and celebrating things like this is just going to make the situation worse.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:49 am

View Original PostNemZ wrote:Unprovoked assault for political disagreement is not acceptable

Advocating ethnic cleansing is not acceptable, and a punch in the face is one way we convey that.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:56 am

View Original PostNemZ wrote:Unprovoked assault for political disagreement is not acceptable.

Tell that to the souls of the six million murdered Jews and others killed by the Nazi regime.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:03 am

Someone on another forum wrote:Remember, actual Nazis got punched in 1920s Germany plenty of times. Then came the 1930s. Violence only works if it's disabling, and, without tools like the prison, it's usually only disabling if it's fatal. Is that the horse you want to hitch your wagon to?

Sure, violence didn't stop the growth of Nazism; but then by the same token neither did reasoned argument, and in fact it came down to violence on a far larger scale in the end. I fear there is no definitive answer.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:34 am

Keep the political stuff in Serious Discussion.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:48 am

I was reading through Anno's 1996 Newtype interview directly after Eva wrapped in 1996 and stumbled across this passage. Something about it just resonated with me. I can't quite describe it, but maybe I'll be able to articulate it in some fashion one day...

ran1
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby ran1 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:26 pm

Guy Snacks wrote:Something about it just resonated with me. I can't quite describe it, but maybe I'll be able to articulate it in some fashion one day...

Anno-san wrote:Hey guys I'm a normie
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities
Every post in Evageeks automaticaly becomes masturbatory material. It's nothing new. ~Justcrazyguy
Ran's persistent irony is a coping mechanism he uses to try and create some understanding of his paradoxical attraction to and disgust of the elitist bourgeois slaughterhouse in which he's forever trapped. --Muggy

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:28 pm

Time to change again. This time, something a little more...less. I think. As to what I mean in the reference to it in my signature: I figure if we can have that dumb Harambe meme last year, I might as well start my own variation on it. Would be neat if it caught on (for obvious reasons)...but, eh, I don't really care either way.

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:29 pm

I was wondering how long that was going to take. Congratulations!

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:31 am

Shinji feels oddly embarrassed sharing a bath with Kaworu...

This image is on the inner cover of Groundwork Vol 3 in monochrome, but has recently appeared in colour - see this review by Literary Eagle.

Source image  SPOILER: Show
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:51 pm

Time for this month's change of avatar. I happened to catch sight of this abomination while watching this video (specifically, at the 11:39 mark) and the resemblance to a certain embryonic Angel was just too good not to make an avatar out of.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”