Anno's Animator Expo

A forum for discussing the filmmakers and artists associated with Khara, Trigger, or Gainax, but apart from their studio projects.

Moderator: Board Staff

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Re: Anno's Animator Expo

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:31 pm

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:Seasons 1-2 are back online until January 31! With the exception of Episode 5.

What was Episode 5?
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:54 pm

http://animatorexpo.com/gensatsu_gundam/

Sure it seems like a very limited license they got for the material, but honestly it's amazing they got it at all.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:55 pm

"Yoshikazu Yasuhiko & Ichiro Itano: Collection of KeyAnimation Films"
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:57 pm

Neon Genesis Impacts... :(

Anyway, almost 100% caught up. Exciting! This is officially over after season 3, or...?
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:42 am

Last day of the animator expo! If there's anything you want to watch or save, be sure to do it today!
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:01 pm

I wasnt sure if I should post this here given the huge controversy surrounding the Fine Bros. But they finally released a follow up video to "Youtubers React To Me!Me!Me!".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUj4KJ-axyo

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:28 pm

I didn't know that there was another daoko video. I guess I'll have to go watch it now!

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:04 pm

That reaction video was really tame, actually.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:53 pm

Given the over the top explosion of "Oh My God! WTF Japan!?" That the last video was, I wasn't expecting this to be at all as extreme of a knee jerk reaction as the last one.

Kvanu
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Kvanu » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:38 am

http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-4438.html

Can someone please explain what's going on here? Are we getting a new short?
()

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:58 pm

Kvanu
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Kvanu » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:28 pm

What's the likelihood that this "special" will be Eva-themed?
()

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:31 pm

Unlikely, there were plenty of other shorts to pull creativity from, they shouldn't need to use Eva.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

Kvanu
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Kvanu » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:21 pm

Or, now with Godzilla coming to a close and and seeing its release in 4 months, Anno thinks its about time to use Expo as a vehicle to pimp out an Eva related short (or trailer)? The last shot from Expo was him floating in an LCL tank after all.
()

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:54 pm

What part of "unlikely" was unclear? There were a lot of good shorts with potential to become full shows in the Expo, and that kind of exposure was kind of the Expo's point. As such I think an Eva short would be both boring and a betrayal of all that the Expo stands for.

My personal choice? Dragon Dentist. But Rapid Rouge is probably more likely.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:57 pm

View Original PostKvanu wrote:Or, now with Godzilla coming to a close and and seeing its release in 4 months, Anno thinks its about time to use Expo as a vehicle to pimp out an Eva related short (or trailer)? The last shot from Expo was him floating in an LCL tank after all.

Actually I'm hoping we get some Eva 4.0 related news soon now, maybe around the time after Godzilla is out. Also we did get UYCTM, and the 2 other Eva-related shorts, so this a possibility. It's just that now the site is kinda dead, and putting it up there would possibly make it's announcement up to discovery(which wouldn't take to long), and Anno has better ways to officially show us our first teaser for 4.0.

However in the context of this news, it's clearly not Eva related. It seems to me that they are making a longer feature based off one of the shorts from the expo. Which is awesome, and I need to re-enforce what Bag said. Hell any anime that spawned from this expo could easily be contender for best anime of (whenever it would release).

Edit- Infact, where is our Rapid Rouge anime?!
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

Kvanu
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Kvanu » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:37 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:What part of "unlikely" was unclear?

Nothing. But I disagree, and was explaining the basis for my disagreement, so there's that.
()

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:58 pm

It won't be Eva related. Or at least the chances are super slim.

It could be inspired by ANY of the original Expo shorts. If we're betting I'll put my five bucks on it being a narrative tied to ME!ME!ME! & GIRL.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:51 am

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:It won't be Eva related. Or at least the chances are super slim.

It could be inspired by ANY of the original Expo shorts. If we're betting I'll put my five bucks on it being a narrative tied to ME!ME!ME! & GIRL.

Really? I know those were super popular, but I have to wonder how much of a narrative you could get out of them. IMO they'd lose their punch if they were given the series treatment.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:23 am

I didn't read the announcement as a TV series. I was thinking something more along the lines of a 30 to 45 minute short film.

Either way, whatever the special ends up being I hope it is it's own thing & not Eva related.

Return to “Related to the Filmmakers and Artists”