Funimation Deletes all Evangelion Trailers & Clips off Y

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Funimation Deletes all Evangelion Trailers & Clips off Y

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:03 am

ok it might be nothing, but i have a large evangelion playlist on youtube for trailers & clips, and all ones from the official funimation you tube page recently have been set to private including 3.33 trailers..... seems foreboding... :um:

TitaniumViper
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby TitaniumViper » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:19 pm

Probably just in preparation of a new announcement/trailer for 3.33, so take this as a good thing.

Sgt. Griff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Sgt. Griff » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:31 pm

Thank the lawd. Maybe the 3.33 redub will herald a new age of Eva dubs.
Leave Shinji alone

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:39 pm

Or Khara finally got fed up and severed their ties with Funimation.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:56 pm

Guy, please don't troll us like dat.

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:57 pm

Is my idea really not a legitimate hypothesis given all the issues with the 3.33 dub?
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:59 pm

View Original PostGuy Nacks wrote:Is my idea really not a legitimate hypothesis given all the issues with the 3.33 dub?

Seems plausible to me.

Me, I said "fuck it" and got the Japanese release. Importing subs was surprisingly simple, so I don't know that I even care about a Funi release at this point (though a translation of the nifty book that was included would of course be nice).
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:03 pm

View Original PostGuy Nacks wrote:Is my idea really not a legitimate hypothesis given all the issues with the 3.33 dub?

Have they removed the pre-order from their site that they added recently? If not, then your theory is dead in the water.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:33 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Have they removed the pre-order from their site that they added recently? If not, then your theory is dead in the water.

Pre-order is still up at Funi’s website.

YouTube is nothing more than a tool for Funi’s Marketing/Public Relations teams anyway. I doubt this is anything that should be taken too seriously.

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:54 pm

View Original PostGuy Nacks wrote:Or Khara finally got fed up and severed their ties with Funimation.

While sad, as long as Allison Keith still dubs Misato for final I'm ok with this.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:52 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Me, I said "fuck it" and got the Japanese release. Importing subs was surprisingly simple, so I don't know that I even care about a Funi release at this point (though a translation of the nifty book that was included would of course be nice).

I did the same thing, but mostly so that I wouldn't feel bad about finding a subbed version and acquiring it. Although, it's nice to have the booklet, like you said. It's also nice to be able to pop in the BD and just look at the fancy graphics on a big screen.

WunderBah
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby WunderBah » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:02 pm

Yes. And i hope it stays that way.

wiser3754
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby wiser3754 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:11 am

At the end of the day, who cares? Anyone who has been waiting for the dub to be released has certainly either pirated another dub or has just bought it straight from Japan.
I watch and speculate.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:31 am

Well, the people that enjoy dubs care. Not everybody watches dub out of preference-- it can be a matter of not being able to read the subs fast enough. I'll admit, though, I'm miffed that we can't get a proper, legal subtitled release until all the dub shenanigans have been worked out.

MrSniper1401
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby MrSniper1401 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:05 am

As someone who enjoys dubs, I'm hoping this is being done to re-announce a release date. Preferrably in time for christmas.
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth.

svenge
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby svenge » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:17 am

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:I'll admit, though, I'm miffed that we can't get a proper, legal subtitled release until all the dub shenanigans have been worked out.

The Hong Kong release (licensed by Deltamac) begs to differ. It's locked to Region "A" though, so Europeans are SOL.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:17 am

View Original Postsvenge wrote:The Hong Kong release (licensed by Deltamac) begs to differ. It's locked to Region "A" though, so Europeans are SOL.

We already had a subbed and dubbed DVD and BD release a year ago, the image is just shit. :irked:
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:29 pm

View Original PostMrSniper1401 wrote: Preferrably in time for christmas.

Good luck with that :ehh:

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

MrSniper1401
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby MrSniper1401 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:16 pm

View Original PostDataprime wrote:Good luck with that :ehh:

A man can dream
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:37 pm

If they really have/are re-dubbing the film it makes sense they'd get rid of all digital traces of "Evangelion 3.33 English Dub Version 1.11".

- If we don't hear anything by Halloween a Christmas release is probably out of the question. But maybe quarter 1? February 17th, 2015? A whole year after the initial release date?

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”