Crack Pairing Appreciation Thread

This is a forum for casual discussion of Evangelion. Topics like "Asuka is hot!" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?" belong here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Squigsquasher
Banned

Crack Pairing Appreciation Thread

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:37 am

So yeah. Here's the place to discuss/appreciate pairings that make absolutely zero sense (or at least have very little canonical support).

Some of my personal favourites:

Asuka X Hikari: This one actually has some potential, given that Hikari is basically Asuka's only friend. She even offers support to her after Episode 22. Also, delicious Yuri.

Shinji X Maya: I'm well known for my belief that Shinji would do well with an older woman, and given that Maya is one of the few well-adjusted members of the cast (and is totally adorable to boot) I think it would work well. If only she weren't a lesbian...

Shinji X Hikari: Simila reasons to Shinji X Maya but without the whole "older woman" thing. Also, Hikari. 'Nuff said.

Gendo X Pen-Pen- wait, what?

Anyway, discuss, rant, etc...
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:39 am

Fuyutsuki x Kaworu. You lose.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

hui43210
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:01 am

SakuraxSumrie lol

SPOILER: Show

Is the 3.0 spoiler policy gone?.... Cool, then I'm nominating myself as EvaGeeks 1# Sakura Suzuhara fan/nerd.

I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:14 am

Finally! A place to post that nagging itch!

Here it is....

....Mari and Kensuke.

Seriously! If you were to pair the spares, Shinji and Asuka align, Hikari and Toji is practically in the bag, Kaworu and Rei because....reasons.....that are perfectly valid....and exist.......

Mari and Kensuke...the perfect setup for "Her? With him!?"

Am I the only one who sees the potential!?
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:18 am

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote:Finally! A place to post that nagging itch!

Here it is....

....Mari and Kensuke.

Seriously! If you were to pair the spares, Shinji and Asuka align, Hikari and Toji is practically in the bag, Kaworu and Rei because....reasons.....that are perfectly valid....and exist.......

Change the pairing matrix to Shinji/Rei and Asuka/Kaworu and I'm on board. That's genius.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:31 am

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote:Finally! A place to post that nagging itch!

Here it is....

....Mari and Kensuke.

A reckless military nerd ready to put himself on danger at the drop of a hat to get some good images, self-reliant enough to camp alone at night and completely assuming his nerdery without caring what others think of him, with a crazy adrenaline junky chick fan of giant killing death machines and living life to the fullest no matter the situation...

Mon Dieu, they are a perfect match! :jawdrop:
Kenuke and Mari are actually married fo 10 years in Q, and to hell with Mari's physical age, this is now my headcanon! :lol:

Completely unrelated, but I just realized that in Rebuild, there isn't a single instance of Kensuke displaying military nerdery, does that means that he's just a camera nerd in NTE? ;_;
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:35 am

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:SakuraxSumrie lol

SPOILER: Show

ONLY. SHIP. (Heck, and I’m not even interested in ships.)

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:08 am

Kensuke will always be a military otaku: it is the law that is written in our hearts.

You can take your Rei and Shinji pairing, Squish (you heathen, you), as long as it gets you to acknowledge the genius of the One True Pairing...Mari and Kensuke!! I will preach this message far and wide, and possibly in a single one-off fanfic. The Penguin God's will is unclear on that matter.
-Sorrow

-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

amitakartok
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:35 am

Kensuke/Mayumi. Because MEGANE POWAH.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Chapter 32 now up.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

Bagheera
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:47 am

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:Kensuke/Mayumi. Because MEGANE POWAH.

No! :mayano:

Mari/Kensuke does nothing for me, and it pales in comparison to the greatness of the AsuMariShin three-way. But Sakura/Sumire . . . that one's interesting. I'd always pictured her with Koji for some reason, but Sakura definitely works in that comic.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:51 am

Blasphame! So much blasphame!

....that is a fun word to say....
-Sorrow

-Literary Eagle

-Leslie Knope

Sorrow
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Sorrow » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:59 am

Blasphemer is even more fun, I believe.

Sakura X Toji.
The fate of man…the hope of man is written in sorrow.

Bagheera
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:00 am

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote:Blasphame! So much blasphame!

....that is a fun word to say....

Suimame. That is all.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:20 am

Kensuke can't handle Mari. Mana is more his speed.

Asuka/Mari kitty ship is the one true way.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Bagheera
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:54 am

View Original PostNemZ wrote:Asuka/Mari kitty ship is the one true way.

With Shinji as their occasional chew toy. :marihearts: :shinjired: :asukahearts:

I tell ya, Suimame is love.
Last edited by Bagheera on Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:07 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Though he'll have to fight Ritsuko for her. :devil:

Mana, not Maya! :tongue:

Bagheera
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:10 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Mana, not Maya! :tongue:

Derp! Too many "Ma--" names, damn it. In that case he's welcome to her; let the useless clutter sort itself out. :devil:

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:06 pm

Related -- http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/5515/Batshit-crazy-pairings/

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:Asuka X Hikari: This one actually has some potential, given that Hikari is basically Asuka's only friend. She even offers support to her after Episode 22. Also, delicious Yuri.
Related -- http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/3137/Asuka-and-Hikari/
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics|G+|MAL

Compiling_Autumn
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Compiling_Autumn » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:29 pm

Damn, this Asuka x Hikari crack pairing is blowing my mind right now. I'll need to do some more research before I can comment.
"The will to lose one's will?"
"Absolutely. The will to make oneself completely free. Will is the wrong word, because in the end you could call it despair. Because it really comes out of an absolute feeling of it's impossible to do these things, so I might as well just do anything. And out of this anything, one sees what happens."--Francis Bacon

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:02 pm

Gendo x Asuka

ImageM-M-M-M-M-M-MAXIMUM NTR ON EVERY LEVEL FOR EVERYONE INVOLVED!!! Image
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Return to “Evangelion Chit-Chat”