Survival Trip

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

Thomas68
Lilith

Survival Trip

•      
  •      

Postby Thomas68 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:56 pm

Another fanfic of mine.

[url]http://archiveofourown.org/works/2300105[/url]
I've got nothing better to do, so I have registered myself here!

ThanatosII
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby ThanatosII » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:17 pm

That was rather... out of character lol.
I did like the idea of someone watching the Asuka/MPE fight from a distance from the ground though.
"Understanding each other one hundred percent is impossible.
Of course, that's why we spend so much time trying to understand ourselves and others.
That's what makes life so interesting."
-Kaji Ryoji
"I got confused and I killed my sister... egh I can't help the way that I feel...." - Sorrow
Once you're regularly active on EGF, you get an idea of who is using the "Hidden" feature. Irony, eh?

Thomas68
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Thomas68 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:52 pm

View Original PostThanatosII wrote:That was rather... out of character lol.
I did like the idea of someone watching the Asuka/MPE fight from a distance from the ground though.

Thank you, Thanatos. The intention of the fic was OOC. :tongue:

ThanatosII
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby ThanatosII » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:01 pm

View Original PostThomas68 wrote:Thank you, Thanatos. The intention of the fic was OOC. :tongue:

Wow haha, it just hit me that's what OOC stood for... I'm rather noobish to the area of fanfic heh.
I find it interesting that people have interest to write OOC pieces. That's just stemming from the fact I lack creative will to shift away from the source.
Anyway, now that I understand the point of this piece, I'll say it elevates Shinji's frustration with Asuka not being transparent (i.e. "You're intentionally hiding behind those smiles to keep things ambiguous!). Heck, it could had been going through his head during the car ride once it was radioed in that Asuka was kicking ass.
Of course, that's why we spend so much time trying to understand ourselves and others.
-Kaji Ryoji
"I got confused and I killed my sister... egh I can't help the way that I feel...." - Sorrow
Once you're regularly active on EGF, you get an idea of who is using the "Hidden" feature. Irony, eh?

Thomas68
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Thomas68 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:36 pm

View Original PostThanatosII wrote:Anyway, now that I understand the point of this piece, I'll say it elevates Shinji's frustration with Asuka not being transparent (i.e. "You're intentionally hiding behind those smiles to keep things ambiguous!). Heck, it could had been going through his head during the car ride once it was radioed in that Asuka was kicking ass.

Actually I wanted to make a trololo Shinji that had enough of Misato's and Asuka's shit.

You know... A mixture of Manga Shinji and Gendo. At least, that's how I see it...

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:41 pm

Man :lol: You weren't kidding when you said he was OOC.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

Thomas68
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Thomas68 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:46 pm

View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote:Man :lol: You weren't kidding when you said he was OOC.

Too badass and indifferent to you?

Thomas68
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Thomas68 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:00 pm

I have the impression that my fanfics have a story that is told too fast. And it seems that my fanfics are hilarious instead of horrific... Or even, terrific...

I think the only good story that I wrote until now is Cooking with Shinji...

ThanatosII
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby ThanatosII » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:14 pm

View Original PostThomas68 wrote:I have the impression that my fanfics have a story that is told too fast. And it seems that my fanfics are hilarious instead of horrific... Or even, terrific...

From what I could infer, you did rush the writing too, as I noticed some misspelled words (and missing words), but I could fill in the gaps.
I believe you write in a rush in order to finish as quickly as possible and get a quick reaction from us. I've dealt with this in respect to drawings and video effect projects. Just gotta control those urges from releasing your work too early.

And hey, we all have to start somewhere. [s]Rome[/s] NERV wasn't built in a day!
-Kaji Ryoji

Thomas68
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Thomas68 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:53 pm

View Original PostThanatosII wrote:From what I could infer, you did rush the writing too, as I noticed some misspelled words (and missing words), but I could fill in the gaps.

I'm not English or American and I forgot some english grammar rules, but I don't think that's an excuse.

I write in a hurry because I still don't know how to save in the website that I post (if that's possible).

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:19 am

You could write in a text editor, and then copy and paste into the web site when you're satisfied; that's the way I do it.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Return to “Fanfiction”