Who will die in Final.

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
AdamMalkovitch
Clockiel
Clockiel

Re: Who will die in Final.

•      
  •      

Postby AdamMalkovitch » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:54 pm

If that less-than-a-second clip from Until You Come To Me with Shinji lying on his back, a core in his chest being destroyed in the same way as Sachiel's core (notice the ribs on his sides, one missing from his right, being jabbed into his core), that Shinji still has a part of Zeruel in him, and may be not only contaminated, but full angel, similar to what happened in Re Take. It's likely that Shinji will be killed, possibly as an angel. Now that there is only one Rei (there's no way a giant wall of glass that made up the Reiquarium survived the attacks on NERV HQ), there will be much more tension in her potentially dying, because this time, there really are no replacements.

Actually, now that I think about it, 1.0+3.0 has a ton of End of Evangelion type scenarios leading up to it- Asuka being brutally attacked, but then becoming this insanely powerful badass, only one Rei remaining, all the angels (supposedly) killed, Shinji horrified and broken after the graphic, bloody death of the person who was closest to him (caused by him)... it all seems too convenient. I just hope this film will mess with me as much as, and in the same way, that End of Evangelion did.
*injects Angel blood* I know what the fuck an EVA is now :)

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:45 pm

View Original PostAdamMalkobitch wrote:If that less-than-a-second clip from Until You Come To Me with Shinji lying on his back, a core in his chest being destroyed in the same way as Sachiel's core (notice the ribs on his sides, one missing from his right, being jabbed into his core), that Shinji still has a part of Zeruel in him, and may be not only contaminated, but full angel, similar to what happened in Re Take. It's likely that Shinji will be killed, possibly as an angel. Now that there is only one Rei (there's no way a giant wall of glass that made up the Reiquarium survived the attacks on NERV HQ), there will be much more tension in her potentially dying, because this time, there really are no replacements.

That scene in UYCTM was purely symbolic. Notice in that core scene that Shinji is being stabbed by three different knives each one representing the people who he believes ruined his life. One normal knife represents his father, One represents Misato/Asuka, and one represents himself. I don't think it has any indication on how Anno intends to kill Shinji in Final. Or that he even intends to kill him at all.

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:19 pm

Nah, Shinji will go back into space with a new appearance.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:34 pm

Are you all ready for the appearance of the GNS?

SPOILER: Show
Giant Naked Shinji
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:36 pm

I actually found a Giant Naked Shinji fanart a few weeks ago. Haven't been able to find where I put it.

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:38 pm

He will appear, lie uselessly in fetal position and then disappear without doing anything meaningful.
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:06 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Are you all ready for the appearance of the GNS?

Giant Naked Shinji

There's another GNS i'd rather see, but it would make zero sense. They maybe could do a GNA due to the character being clearly infected by an Angel in some way.

However, one must be prepared for the ultimate nightmare, GNG. He seems to be trying to become god, so we can't rule that horror out.....

now I'm thinking of GNF too... that'd be a sight to behold....
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:55 am

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:However, one must be prepared for the ultimate nightmare, GNG. He seems to be trying to become god, so we can't rule that horror out.

Well. . . I'm going to need some bleach to get that nightmare inducing idea out of my head.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:13 am

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:However, one must be prepared for the ultimate nightmare, GNG.

Got you covered

Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Microsoft_Sam
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Microsoft_Sam » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:46 am

Even better: GNQM

Might as well do the full round.
My ROFLcopter goes Soi soi soi.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:44 pm

Misato 'died' in EOE so it's a very real possibility she could die in Final too.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:16 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:Misato 'died' in EOE so it's a very real possibility she could die in Final too.

The Nemo callback in 3.0 doomed her more than EoE.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:41 pm

Fuyutsuki better turn into a pillar of salt.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:19 pm

All the characters can die for all I care.
“This is the way”-The Mandalorian

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:14 am

Then why are you here?

Remarks like that are thoughtless, provocative, and really not clever. You're not the first to say it, so it's not even original.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:21 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Then why are you here?

Remarks like that are thoughtless, provocative, and really not clever. You're not the first to say it, so it's not even original.

Your point?

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:03 am

^^

Shinji Ikari Expy
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Shinji Ikari Expy » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:35 pm

CT's multi-thread meltdown is depressing but compelling, like Evangelion itself. Very meta. CT, you have a little bit of Anno in you.

CT: No one understands my shitposts.

Gob: You never understood ours, either.

CT: I thought this was supposed to be a forum without flaming...without trolling.

Gob: Because you thought everyone was an obstinate blackpiller, like you.

CT: Nobody upvotes me, so they can all just die.

[Komm Susser Tod plays, Third Impact begins]

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:13 pm

View Original PostShinji Ikari Expy wrote:CT's multi-thread meltdown is depressing but compelling, like Evangelion itself. Very meta. CT, you have a little bit of Anno in you.

CT: No one understands my shitposts.

Gob: You never understood ours, either.

CT: I thought this was supposed to be a forum without flaming...without trolling.

Gob: Because you thought everyone was an obstinate blackpiller, like you.

CT: Nobody upvotes me, so they can all just die.

[Komm Susser Tod plays, Third Impact begins]

And I realized that I may have been a bit melodramatic at the time. Sorry, I guess I was just in a foul mood when I was feeling insecure from someone calling me annoying.

I know what you're thinking, stupid C.T. just had to go and cause drama for everyone. Lay it all on me.

AdamMalkovitch
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AdamMalkovitch » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:29 pm

Now that I think about it, it's likely to be friggin everybody. Kaworu states "we'll see each other again" just before... well, yeah. Plus, Gendo's plans are all going perfectly. I doubt he intended Fourth Impact to be aborted, but still, SEELE and Kaworu are no more. All the Angels are gone. He has the Key of Nebuchadnezzar and likely an entire army of MPEs at his disposal by now, if all those hanging grey hands during Shinji's initial exploration of the remains of NERV, and the onslaught of (admittedly worthless) grey Units in the Next Episode Preview are any indication. Aside from a team of inexperienced civilians piloting a stolen ship they know very little about, a trio of edgy, growth-stunted pilots (Shinji is absolutely done piloting at this point unless drugged and forced into an Entry Plug (although that's not outside of the realm of possibility...)) and maybe Yui's refusal, there's quite literally nothing that can stop the King of the Lilin from fulfilling his selfish goals. Human Instrumentality will come to pass, I guarantee it.
*injects Angel blood* I know what the fuck an EVA is now :)

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”