Who will die in Final.

The fate of SPOILERS is also the joy of speculation.
Readers enter at their own risk.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

AdamMalkobitch
Lilith

Re: Who will die in Final.

•      
  •      

Postby AdamMalkobitch » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:54 pm

If that less-than-a-second clip from Until You Come To Me with Shinji lying on his back, a core in his chest being destroyed in the same way as Sachiel's core (notice the ribs on his sides, one missing from his right, being jabbed into his core), that Shinji still has a part of Zeruel in him, and may be not only contaminated, but full angel, similar to what happened in Re Take. It's likely that Shinji will be killed, possibly as an angel. Now that there is only one Rei (there's no way a giant wall of glass that made up the Reiquarium survived the attacks on NERV HQ), there will be much more tension in her potentially dying, because this time, there really are no replacements.

Actually, now that I think about it, 1.0+3.0 has a ton of End of Evangelion type scenarios leading up to it- Asuka being brutally attacked, but then becoming this insanely powerful badass, only one Rei remaining, all the angels (supposedly) killed, Shinji horrified and broken after the graphic, bloody death of the person who was closest to him (caused by him)... it all seems too convenient. I just hope this film will mess with me as much as, and in the same way, that End of Evangelion did.
https://youtu.be/bicPHRcaDEc

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:45 pm

View Original PostAdamMalkobitch wrote:If that less-than-a-second clip from Until You Come To Me with Shinji lying on his back, a core in his chest being destroyed in the same way as Sachiel's core (notice the ribs on his sides, one missing from his right, being jabbed into his core), that Shinji still has a part of Zeruel in him, and may be not only contaminated, but full angel, similar to what happened in Re Take. It's likely that Shinji will be killed, possibly as an angel. Now that there is only one Rei (there's no way a giant wall of glass that made up the Reiquarium survived the attacks on NERV HQ), there will be much more tension in her potentially dying, because this time, there really are no replacements.

That scene in UYCTM was purely symbolic. Notice in that core scene that Shinji is being stabbed by three different knives each one representing the people who he believes ruined his life. One normal knife represents his father, One represents Misato/Asuka, and one represents himself. I don't think it has any indication on how Anno intends to kill Shinji in Final. Or that he even intends to kill him at all.
I’ll escape now from this world, from the world of Jean Valjean, Jean Valjean is nothing now! Another story must begin!
Avatar: "There's a Starman, waiting in the sky. He'd like to come and meet me, but he thinks he'd blow my mind."
Phew, I’m not tense anymore… now I’m just miserable.
People say "be yourself" but that's bad advice, if we were all to "be ourselves" many of us would stop wearing clothes. -Chuckman

ChaddyManPrime
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:19 pm

Nah, Shinji will go back into space with a new appearance.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:34 pm

Are you all ready for the appearance of the GNS?

SPOILER: Show
Giant Naked Shinji
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: Sad, sad Shinji... (details); Past avatars.
Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:36 pm

I actually found a Giant Naked Shinji fanart a few weeks ago. Haven't been able to find where I put it.
I’ll escape now from this world, from the world of Jean Valjean, Jean Valjean is nothing now! Another story must begin!
Avatar: "There's a Starman, waiting in the sky. He'd like to come and meet me, but he thinks he'd blow my mind."
People say "be yourself" but that's bad advice, if we were all to "be ourselves" many of us would stop wearing clothes. -Chuckman

Stillborn
Donor
Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:38 pm

He will appear, lie uselessly in fetal position and then disappear without doing anything meaningful.
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

hui43210
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:06 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Are you all ready for the appearance of the GNS?

Giant Naked Shinji

There's another GNS i'd rather see, but it would make zero sense. They maybe could do a GNA due to the character being clearly infected by an Angel in some way.

However, one must be prepared for the ultimate nightmare, GNG. He seems to be trying to become god, so we can't rule that horror out.....

now I'm thinking of GNF too... that'd be a sight to behold....
Is the 3.0 spoiler policy gone?.... Cool, then I'm nominating myself as EvaGeeks 1# Sakura Suzuhara fan/nerd.

I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:55 am

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:However, one must be prepared for the ultimate nightmare, GNG. He seems to be trying to become god, so we can't rule that horror out.

Well. . . I'm going to need some bleach to get that nightmare inducing idea out of my head.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:13 am

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:However, one must be prepared for the ultimate nightmare, GNG.

Got you covered

Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics|G+|MAL

Microsoft_Sam
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Microsoft_Sam » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:46 am

Even better: GNQM

Might as well do the full round.
My ROFLcopter goes Soi soi soi.

Return to “Evangelion Final [SPOILERS]”