Who will die in Final.

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
EvangelionGodMode
Sachiel
Sachiel

Who will die in Final.

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionGodMode » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:51 am

Title says it all. Im gonna say Misato, Ritsuko, Rei ,gendo , and fuyutski. Or if Anno is really a dick he will do a complete 360 and let everyone live and just kill Shinji
Bong. James Bong. Bruce lee the way I kick it, Tiger Woods the way I hit it.-Blake ,Workaholics.
To put it in laid man terms, hes getting laid man.-Blake, Workaholics.
"You shoulda known the price of evil"-M Shadows

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:03 pm

I wouldn't mind Shinji dying. It's one of better outcomes for him anyway :P
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:09 pm

'born gonna 'born.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:13 pm

Depends on where Anno wants to take the story. Only characters that are a given I'd say are Gendo, Fuyutuski & Rei.

Either he'll end on a really upbeat ending where all the heroes live. Or he'll go dark & angry in which case I wouldn't place bets on anyone but Shinji & Asuka (possibly Mari too) walking away at the end.

Anywho, no body knows. But will interesting to see some people throw out ideas.

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:38 pm

I want a kill them all ending. And to make it even funnier for me, this time around, if there is indeed Instrumentality, I want Shinji to say no to allowing people out, have him be all "Nope, you bitches are staying in here this time, humanity doesn't deserve to continue"
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:49 pm

I'm really tempted to say Asuka, just...I don't know, call it that gut instinct. Maybe even Mari, considering how much she throws herself into dangerous situations.

....Man, I got no clue: it's just so bleak!
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:55 pm

Killing Mari will be Final's shit just got real moment.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:55 pm

Pen Pen will die in Final. It’ll be revealed that he survived the 14 years inside the 12 Angel, which is now inside Unit 13. Both he and Kaworu will pilot Unit 13 back to Willie so they can be with Shinji again. But it will be to no avail.

Misato will be the one that kills him, of course. And because Final Impact will be stopped, this means that neither Pen Pen nor Kaworu will be able to join within Shinji ever again.

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:10 pm

Because, naturally, we know that Pen-Pen was the crux to it all along.

"Pen-Pen...I want to be better! I want to like myself! I want to be happy!"

"WARK WARK WARK!"

"You're right! I know you're right!"

"WARK!"

....I agree with Chuckman, though: introduce the new fanservicey character, do nothing substantial with her until Third, and then boom! Down she goes, and you have all the fan favorites to torment left over.
-Sorrow

-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Heaven Piercing Man
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Heaven Piercing Man » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:33 pm

It'd be more like a Shoo Out The Clowns moment.
Evangelion, in three words: How Strangely Erotic

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:34 pm

As much as it pains me, I predict all the new characters of 3.0 will be killed..... :sniffle:
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

artesox
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby artesox » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:57 pm

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote:Because, naturally, we know that Pen-Pen was the crux to it all along.

"Pen-Pen...I want to be better! I want to like myself! I want to be happy!"

"WARK WARK WARK!"

"You're right! I know you're right!"

"WARK!"

....I agree with Chuckman, though: introduce the new fanservicey character, do nothing substantial with her until Third, and then boom! Down she goes, and you have all the fan favorites to torment left over.

Eh, those "Mari dies because she is the new girl" theories have kicked around for 7 years now.
Not saying that there is not a high chance of she kicking it though.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:05 pm

I'm thinking that Shinji and Asuka are going to be alive, for sure. Mari might die, though. And I don't know what's going to happen with Rei's character. We could have a throwback to an EoE scenario where the two of them are alive at the end. However, I don't think prospects are that bleak for people dying. Yet.

Thomas68
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Thomas68 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:12 pm

View Original PostStillborn wrote:I wouldn't mind Shinji dying. It's one of better outcomes for him anyway :P

Agreed.
I've got nothing better to do, so I have registered myself here!

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:29 pm

Kill them all, let Yui-sama sort them out.

xyz346
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby xyz346 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:14 pm

For me, the only characters that I think are safe no matter what are Shinji and Rei Q...Asuka and Sakura being a close second. Meanwhile, the only character that I would be shocked if they didn't die is Gendo. followed by Fuyutsuki. Otherwise, it's fair game.

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:30 pm

Ooh, Sakura! I forgot about her. She was nice to Shinji: that's like a death sentence right there.
-Sorrow

-Literary Eagle

-Leslie Knope

ThanatosII
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby ThanatosII » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:41 pm

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote:Ooh, Sakura! I forgot about her. She was nice to Shinji: that's like a death sentence right there.

The poor soul almost got killed by Shinji's Eva and her brother is dead (I think, right?).

I dunno. I don't think we exactly gain anything from her death.
"Understanding each other one hundred percent is impossible.
Of course, that's why we spend so much time trying to understand ourselves and others.
That's what makes life so interesting."
-Kaji Ryoji
"I got confused and I killed my sister... egh I can't help the way that I feel...." - Sorrow
Once you're regularly active on EGF, you get an idea of who is using the "Hidden" feature. Irony, eh?

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:32 pm

Shinji is assured to survive, Rei Q too: I doubt that Anno took all the pains to create that new character with the same face but a different path than Rei II only to have her meet the same end than her earlier version.
Asuka too is assured to survive: we already got teased her death back in 2.0, and after all the shit she survived, killing her off now wouldn't make sense.
I also don't think that the youngsters of the new character will die: they represent the future of mankind, its hope, so for me Sakura, Midori and Hideki are safe.

All the rest are fair game. Gendo and Fuyu are already dead.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:54 pm

View Original PostThanatosII wrote:[Sakura] almost got killed by Shinji's Eva and her brother is dead (I think, right?).

Sakura has recovered, and there is absolutely no evidence presented either way on Touji's survival (or any of the school children for that matter). To my mind, the fact that Sakura survived is a pointer to Touji also surviving, as they would likely still have been together as a family at the crucial time.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”