Not actual news thread

The fate of SPOILERS is also the joy of speculation.
Readers enter at their own risk.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:26 am

You'll get it. Just not as soon as your impatient little butt wants it.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:57 am

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Keep in mind that doesn't necessarily mean they haven't started. Could just mean that they've been at it for a while and that Anno's just being cryptic.

I know, that was just an humorous reaction to Anno being... well Anno!
I mean when I read about the "laughing out loud" part, I could see the trollface and "what did you expect" meme appearing in my mind! :lol:

View Original PostRay wrote:Why does Anno feel the need to keep blueballing his fanbase?

To rise the hype, that's the basic when selling your movie. Anno knows that he managed to get a reaction from everyone in Q, be it positive or negative, and that everyone want to know the rest of this story now that it took a completely unexpected turn, so why spoil that by giving away part of what will happen?
He'll start releasing teasers and trailers when he feel the moment to be right. And I'm ready to bet that said teasers and trailers won't tell us anything without the context of the whole movie, like the teaser with a piano, or the trailer with Asuka in space, sure she was in space in the movie, but the trailer didn't even hinted why she was up there and what she was fighting, in fact everyone thought that she was about to bring the fight to Arael up close and personal. (which would had been awesome btw!)
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Gendo'sPapa
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:22 pm

Blueballing would be if Anno came out with a series of production stills & released them online but had black tape smeared over everything new. I.E. A picture of every version of Unit 02 but the one that's going to be in Final is redacted.

Not telling people anything isn't blueballing. He's specifically saying he won't make any comment until things are good & ready. Probably the opposite of blue balling. He's not even saying classic PR bullshit like "We've done our best work yet this time around!" or "This is going to be the best entry yet!" or "I wish I could show you the amazing footage but not just yet!" He's doing the opposite of that. He's not trying to enhance or decrease people's anticipation. He's just keeping things quiet.

Dataprime
Donor
Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:39 am

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:22 am

since this is anno i really cant tell if that is actually a joke lol
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Giji Shinka
Donor
Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:02 am

View Original PostDataprime wrote:Anno Jokes That 4th New Evangelion Film Might Release In 4-6 Years Time.

:hahaha:

Anno said while wiping away tears, "Even now, when I remember it, I cry. It's really painful to remember."

Awww, poor Anno....

Gendo'sPapa
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:40 am

Wow. I had no idea the films were that strenuous on Anno.

Unless I hear anything to the contrary I guess I'll put my expectations for Final being released on NGE's 20th anniversary on hold.

Giji Shinka
Donor
Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:43 am

Also, taken from this thread: [url]http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/16464/Anno-Retrospective-at-the-Tokyo-International-Film-Festival/40/?[/url]

View Original Post1731298478 wrote:- Every time Anno works on Eva he breaks down. The original Eva nearly killed him. The new project (http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-3369.html) is by no means a diversion but something he has to do leading up to the next Eva film. He broke down again after he finished Q, but being married helped him to bear it. He was told by Miyazaki to persist to the end, so he will do so.

Holy....

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:54 am

Jeez louise. If it's that painful for him, then I'm very grateful that he continues to push out Evangelion content for us.

Ray
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:09 pm

If it takes another 4 years, maybe he can add more runtime to the final film, and finally give Shinji the closure he needs.
I’ll escape now from this world, from the world of Jean Valjean, Jean Valjean is nothing now! Another story must begin!
Avatar: "There's a Starman, waiting in the sky. He'd like to come and meet me, but he thinks he'd blow my mind."
Phew, I’m not tense anymore… now I’m just miserable.
People say "be yourself" but that's bad advice, if we were all to "be ourselves" many of us would stop wearing clothes. -Chuckman

Dataprime
Donor
Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:21 pm

View Original PostGiji Shinka wrote:Also, taken from this thread:

Oh wow. I have much deeper respect for the man now after reading that.

Keep pushing forward, Anno!

- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Bagheera
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:24 pm

View Original PostDataprime wrote:Oh wow. I have much deeper respect for the man now after reading that.

Keep pushing forward, Anno!

I suspect he feels this is something he needs, and not merely wants, to do. I hope he manages to bear it.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Dataprime
Donor
Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:42 pm

Poll time:

Do you think that Final will be able to be as 'emotionally powerful' as EoE was?

- Suicidahlia

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:07 pm

I believe that, just like EoTV and The End of Evangelion, Shin Eva will be exactly what Anno needs to express to his audience.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:29 pm

Wow, that's impressive the strain working on Eva seems to put on Anno, not only there's the fact that he basically put his whole mind naked for everyone to see when working on his characters, but now there's also the pressure to working on his Magnum Opus than became a classic of anime.

I wonder if his breakdown was a consequence of Q (and maybe the fan reactions, which were polarizing to say the least!) or if he was already starting to break before that and decided to pour his whole conflicted and tortured mind into the movie, like he did with EoE years ago, and is now dealing with the aftermath?

Anyway, unlike 20 years ago, he has someone to help him, his wife, and it apparently worked into making him better, so we can hope that Shin will have a more general light and hopeful tone.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:32 pm

View Original PostDataprime wrote:Do you think that Final will be able to be as 'emotionally powerful' as EoE was?

I have no idea, but if Anno is under the kind of stress that he's implying, Shin is going to be a masterwork if he can manage to channel his feelings into it.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:32 pm

View Original PostGiji Shinka wrote:Also, taken from this thread:

Anno, super mega props and i have faith that you will pull out a masterpiece with final.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

ChamucaRobota
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby ChamucaRobota » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:38 am

I fully trust in Anno, if he wants to release Shin 4 or 20 years after Q, it's ok I'm sure that he'll put his heart on it whenever he's ready to do it, if I were him I'd be absolutely terrified thinking in a proper way to end such work :( so yeah Master, take your time. :huggles:

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:44 am

The December 2014 issue of Newtype magazine (street date Nov 10th but internet leakers don't care) has apparently announced that the January 2015 (street date Dec 10th) issue of the magazine will feature a Shin Seiki Evangelion cover page as well as something else [s]I can't figure out because the big fat kanji blur together. That black circle with white writing. If anyone can read that that'd be great.[/s] 巻頭特集? So 表紙&巻頭特集 would be Cover page & some kind of special at the start of the issue?

Before anyone gets HYPED AS FUCK please do remember that the last time we got an Eva-related Newtype cover page it was the June 2011 issue with the Asuka plugsuit and lance but the only information inside the magazine was Anno asking people to be patient.

EDIT:
Here's the old hilarity

The hype:
http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/11154/Studio-Kharas-big-feature-in-June-2011-Newtype/

The fail:
http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/11368/June-Newtype-Discussion/
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

vito
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby vito » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:16 am

Don't forget that the final volume of manga is coming out and Kadokawa publishes it, same as Newtype, so...

Return to “Evangelion Final [SPOILERS]”