Puzzle and Dragons Evangelion mobile game

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
CJD
Banned

Evangelion Crossover with Puzzle and Dragons

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:33 am

http://kotaku.com/hearts-melt-when-evangelion-meets-puzzle-dragons-1526809925

And it's actually coming to the western version!!! Guess I'm going to have to check the game out, now.

Also, interesting choice to mix 2.0 and 3.0 designs.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:05 am

I've saw something about that in Minna-no-Eva(or was it somewhere else?) some time ago, it had a "Level-UP" of the Asuka/EVA-02 shown in this article, which is her 3.0 counterpart from the fight in Lilith's Camber, as well as a super-badass EVA-13 with the two spears and Shinji and Kaworu with red glowing eyes!

Although there are some of then I never saw, nice to see that the opportunity of seeing Misato finally getting some action thanks to the Wunder finally being exploited, although I would had never imagined to see a chibi AAA Wunder of all things! :lol:
Last edited by ElMariachi on Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:47 pm

I'm confused but intrigued.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Puzzle and Dragons Evangelion mobile game

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:04 pm

Anybody check this out yet?

http://fieldsmobile.jp/pc/index.html Info here: http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/EVANGELION_Collab , https://www.facebook.com/notes/puzzle-dragons-north-america-gungho/evangelion-collab-update/892333614128565?id=484776928217571

Should be on both Android and iProducts, no idea about the cost or anything.
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:41 pm

Basically the way it works is that PAD has temporary events that they rotate between, most of them lasting about two weeks. During these events they open up unique dungeons where related monsters have a higher chance of spawning, and then they increase the chances of getting related monsters from the "Rare Egg Machine" (You know those machines they have in the front of stores where kids put in a quarter and it pops out like a random piece of plastic jewelry or something in a little plastic ball? It's basically like that but instead of coins you use in game currency and the reward is in game monsters).

On top of those events though they also have what they call "Collabs," which as the name suggests are collaborations with other companies. Some of them are with other small mobile game companies but due to the game's popularity they've managed to work with quite a few big names including a Batman Arkham Origins collab, a Dragon Ball Z collab, and of course the Evangelion Collab. During these "Collabs" they often open up, on top of dedicated dungeons filled with monsters from the collab (In Evangelion's case all the monsters you fight are Angels), dedicated Rare Egg Machines where exclusive monsters from the collab come out of. For demonstration, this is a simulation of the Evangelion Egg Machine.

Like I said earlier, though, these events only last about two weeks. The Evangelion event first happened back in the end of March, and unfortunately I missed it by a week because my phone sucked. Since then, though, I've been training. I've leveled my monsters. I've played literally every day (you get bonus points if you do). All of it in preparation for the time that the Eva collab would come back. And yes, it returned last week. And with it the Evangelion Rare Egg Machine. And so, $20 later....

THAT'S RIGHT NIGGAS. I GOT THREE ASUKAS. THREEEEEEEEEE. Also got a Shinji, a Rei, and a Mari (and a Best Angel from the Eva dungeon). But most importantly THREE ASUKAS!

:asukahearts:

Working on leveling the first one up now.

PS: For those interested the game itself is basically Bejewled combined with Pokemon. You collect monsters, form a team, and then take them into "dungeons" which are just on rails encounters where you do damage by linking orbs of the same color. Each monster has a color (or two in some cases) so the damage you do is based upon your party.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:01 pm

I've been checking it out on the old phone-turned-tablet I use*, and I guess it's a matter of leveling up a hell of a lot because I wasn't able to do the Eva missions yet (the one I tried, I got a Game Over in).

Pretty cool to see a mobile Eva game that's not region locked or pay-only.

*Only other games I play is Simpsons Tapped Out and sometimes that MLP game, which is super cute.

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:57 pm

Aye it's pretty grind heavy. As I said I've been playing for 4 months and I still can't do Master level missions.

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:32 pm

I was not aware of this game until today but as of now I've wasted a few hours on it, I don't intend to put money on it though. The only Eva themed monsters I have right now are Sachiel and Kaworu.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:47 pm

I'm slowly grinding my way through the game but I won myself Asuka and Eva-02 from the Eva Egg system so I'm happy. I hope to at least get Misato or maybe Shinji eventually.

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:03 pm

I think Misato's hella rare judging by the fact I didn't get a single one after 6 pulls.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:18 pm

In May 2015, I wrote:Looks like there's a mini revival of leveling up these characters? I'm a little lost if they'll bring back the various drops/etc but I guess we'll see:

New post! It's back f'real, not just hints about it:

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:23 am

For those who play, the Evangelion collab is back starting today. The Evangelion REM gives an awful lot of repeats, sadly; out of some 16 pulls I managed to get all six pilots (well, the five plus Shinji and Kaworu), but sadly no Misato. :( I got something like 6 Shinji, 4 Kaworu, 2 Rei, 2 Mari, 1 Asuka, and 1 Shinji and Kaworu. Sucks to blow stones on a REM and get 15 silvers and a gold, but I got all the pilots so I'm mostly content. But even so, I expect to be blowing a fair bit of cash on this game over the next two weeks . . .
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:51 pm

Sadly not my addictive phone game of choice, and one is already probably too many.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:29 pm

Well, it took forever and a half, but I finally got Zeruel to drop. That makes a clean sweep of all the collab has to offer, so color me happy. Poor, but happy. :asukahearts:
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

Adaminator1
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Adaminator1 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:13 pm

Alas. I could only complete the 25 stamina dungeon. I did get Rei, Mari, Shinji and Misato from the egg pull, though. Which I'm guessing will make me an enemy of Bagheera. :lol:

The only two I'm missing are Asuka and Shinji & Kaworu. Shocked that I got no dupes.

Edit: add Kaworu onto that, didn't know he had an individual card.
I finally put something here!

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:57 pm

Nah, no enemies here. I'm glad you got lucky!

The Master dungeon is really tough; I have a pretty good fire team, and some friends with Zeta Hydras, so I could tough it through to Zeruel pretty easily. But his Critical Rejection attack one-shotted me every time, so my only choice was to stone my way through. And I did, four times, until I got him. But man, that hurt.

Adaminator1
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Adaminator1 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:26 pm

I've been maining my ult.evo'd and awakened green odin, and my friend's verdandi. It's gotten me pretty far in the game, but some dungeons I just don't have the HP or firepower to beat yet.

I'd be doing more Evangelion pulls, but the Player Choice Godfest starts soon, and that's more important to game progress.
I finally put something here!

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:31 am

Collab just has to happen when I finally get a smartphone but barely have time to play. :crybaby:

Still, fun stuff when I've managed to squueze in the time. Also hate the irony that I have no magic stones!

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”