WTF is yer avatar & sig from?! (d)

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:09 pm

KANATA TIEM

[URL=http://img688.imageshack.us/i/riotitscropped.jpg/]Image[/URL]
[URL=http://img651.imageshack.us/i/kanatademtitsbebitchin.jpg/]Image[/URL]

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

Postby esselfortium » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:56 pm

Removed the quotes from my signature, to instead focus on my music.

If I can get Legendary to give it back, I might go back to my old Image A Terrible Flood cloud avatar...I haven't used it anywhere for a year or so, and I'm starting to miss it.

edit:
Oz wrote:Slightly offtopic, but I've never mentioned how awesome your music is, Essel. I'm going to buy the entire album at some point - for now I'll listen to the free samples. :toothy:

Thanks a ton, Oz; I appreciate it :D
Last edited by esselfortium on Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

Postby Oz » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:18 pm

Slightly offtopic, but I've never mentioned how awesome your music is, Essel. I'm going to buy the entire album at some point - for now I'll listen to the free samples. :toothy:
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:22 pm

Oz wrote:Slightly offtopic, but I've never mentioned how awesome your music is, Essel. I'm going to buy the entire album at some point - for now I'll listen to the free samples. :toothy:

I must say I agree with Oz. :)

From free samples (well, full tracks) I especially loved the Startan3

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

Postby esselfortium » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:29 pm

Again, hugely appreciated, guys :)

I've got a bunch of new stuff in progress (I can't believe it's been so long since I last released anything; I was still in high school), but at the rate I work nowadays there's no telling when Seventeen More Times will be done... :\

I don't think I've posted either of these in public yet, so here's two free previews of what I've been working on more recently. They're both more or less finished, though they're still subject to change somewhat before the eventual album release.

http://sl4.poned.com/music/wips/Hibernator-1219.mp3
http://sl4.poned.com/music/wips/Aja_Treetops-12.18.mp3

The numbers in the filenames are just the dates on those versions, not parts of the actual titles.

Aja Treetops originated as a little doodle I started writing on my laptop in study hall back in high school in 2007 and has since had a lot of major changes and improvements (wrote new melodies, harmonies, rhythms, improved the mixing, etc.), whereas Hibernator was written entirely in the past couple months. Most of the sounds in Hibernator are either mine from scratch, or very close to it, too; I'm really proud of how it turned out :)

I've got a bunch more finished-ish/listenable stuff, but if I were to post everything now there wouldn't be much to look forward to...and they could easily be found by snooping around in my /music/wips/ directory anyway. vImagev

Merridian
Angel
Angel

Postby Merridian » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:34 pm

Still on SnW binge, but poor Rio has been replaced with Felicia.

@Essel: That is some pretty nice stuff you've got there. Did you use synths to put this together or was all entirely programmed? It sounds like it could be a little of both, but it's hard for me to really tell. not that it really matters either way; good music is good

…I wish I was competent enough to pull together some polished material, but for now I'll settle for my cheap-ass mic, freeware recording program, and incompetent droning guitar style. :D Most of my crap sounds like garage demos.

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

Postby esselfortium » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:47 pm

All of my music is produced and sequenced in Propellerhead Reason. I've been working with it since sometime in 2003; it's absolutely incredible software and I can't imagine using anything else for the job. As of late I've been doing most synth programming and other sound design myself, and rarely use samples from outside of Reason's included Factory Sound Bank for anything.

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

Postby ZapX » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:56 pm

Y'all change your avatars too damned much.

I'm digging Essel's album too. Especially the ambient stuff.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Otakon 08 Ikari
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Otakon 08 Ikari » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:52 pm

Just a pic from the webcam
Dr. Trans Old Fashioned Peppermint Dickables

http://pshbling.deviantart.com/gallery/ Go there for Eva cosplay.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:00 pm

Me --> :highfive: <-- Essel

Good job!

Zap: I changed mine after 2 months give or take. So there. :nya:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Synapsid » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:15 am

Merridian wrote:]Still on SnW binge, but poor Rio has been replaced with Felicia.
Does it sound wrong if I say that I'm glad that you switched her out :sweatdrop: Having three people with a similar avatar was kind of causing vertigo
ZapX wrote:Y'all change your avatars too damned much.
:think: I should be switching mine soon, most of the other members have switched theirs a few times by now and I don't want to keep using this to the point that it becomes some sort of instant association.
It's a trap!|Saigo no shisha seitenkan
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

Otakon 08 Ikari
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Otakon 08 Ikari » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:36 am

Synapsid wrote:
Merridian wrote:]Still on SnW binge, but poor Rio has been replaced with Felicia.
Does it sound wrong if I say that I'm glad that you switched her out :sweatdrop: Having three people with a similar avatar was kind of causing vertigo
ZapX wrote:Y'all change your avatars too damned much.
:think: I should be switching mine soon, most of the other members have switched theirs a few times by now and I don't want to keep using this to the point that it becomes some sort of instant association.

I love your avatar, adorable and well I feel bad about saying this but well I think I look attractive in mine...>//>;;
Dr. Trans Old Fashioned Peppermint Dickables

http://pshbling.deviantart.com/gallery/ Go there for Eva cosplay.

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Synapsid » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:43 am

Otakon 08 Ikari wrote:...I feel bad about saying this but well I think I look attractive in mine...>//>;;
There isn't anything to feel bad about, you do you very much do look it, and just as important you're also quite proficient at taking pictures and making them look good in lowres.
It's a trap!|Saigo no shisha seitenkan
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby SaltyJoe » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:48 am

Misato, captured in a particularly dashing moment from Epiosde 07. Source: Groundwork of Evangelion vol. 1
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read."

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:04 am

Rio is tired of your bullshit

SPOILER: Show
[URL=http://img194.imageshack.us/i/riostare.png/]Image[/URL]

(at least till she gets back to living the dream again)

SPOILER: Show
[URL=http://img641.imageshack.us/i/riolivingthedream.png/]Image[/URL]

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:28 pm

Don't mind me, I'm just fucking with the server.

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:45 pm

+10 approval mark for C&H

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:14 am

My new avatar is bestselling novelist/philosopher Ayn Rand captioned with a completely unrelated lyric from Lady Gaga's hit single 'Bad Romance'. Now, surely all the intellectuals and psudo-intellectuals on this forum are going to inquire 'Why?' 'What's the point?' Am I somehow implying that Rand and her philosophy is commercial tripe? Do I think Gaga is somehow preaching Objectivism? Maybe the juxtaposition is meant to subliminally lay the idea that Ayn Rand and Lady Gaga are, for some inexplicable reason, the same person, treated with extensive plastic surgery.

Good guesses, all of them. No, wait, they're not good guesses at all. In fact, they're all completely incoherant, shame on all of you for thinking them up! (although the first is a possible exception, you probably could argue that if you wanted to) No, I had absolutely no underlying reason, purpose or message for this image. I didn't want to say anything, imply anything or get any sort of reaction; I just wanted to be, as the kids say, 'lol random'.
Last edited by MugwumpHasNoLiver on Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:55 am

Gendo is Shinji's Papa.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

ran1
Banned

Postby ran1 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:05 am

MugwumpHasNoLiver wrote:My new avatar is bestselling novelist/philosopher Ayn Rand captioned with a completely unrelated lyric from Lady Gaga's hit single 'Bad Romance'. Now, surely all the intellectuals and psudo-intellectuals on this forum are going to inquire 'Why?' 'What's the point?' Am I somehow implying that Rand and her philosophy is commercial tripe? Do I think Gaga is somehow preaching Objectivism? Maybe the juxtaposition is meant to subliminally lay the idea that Ayn Rand and Lady Gaga are, for some inexplicable reason, the same person, treated with extensive plastic surgery.

If I considered none of these, do I lose my psuedo-intellectual status? My initial thought was more of a "lolsotrue" rather than any of those more philosophical contemplations.
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities
Every post in Evageeks automaticaly becomes masturbatory material. It's nothing new. ~Justcrazyguy
Ran's persistent irony is a coping mechanism he uses to try and create some understanding of his paradoxical attraction to and disgust of the elitist bourgeois slaughterhouse in which he's forever trapped. --Muggy

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”