Your entertainment wishlist?

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:41 am

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:That explains why the lyrics to “Let It Go” sound more suitable for a villain song than it does a protagonist’s center piece. It also explains why the tune and melody sounds so lazily like a pop-song. During production they probably had to rewrite a more developed song’s score just to make it sound happier, and simply wet with whatever pop-song chord progression came to mind first.

Actually, the song and lyrics were written while she was a villain, but John Lasseter didn't have the heart to make her an out-and-out villain once he listened to it, as it made her seem too sympathetic. He loved the song too much to cut it, and so they rewrote a lot of the script around the song.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:02 am

Well, that's interesting. And a little bass ackwards.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:13 pm

That's pretty much how the writing process works, though ten years ago Elsa would have been a villain, just a very sympathetic one.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:11 pm

View Original Postmechashiva wrote:After re-watching "A Hard Day's Night" on TCM, I wish the Beatles were in more movies before they got sick of it/got busy doing other stuff.

Would the quality start going down a bit? Maybe
Would I pay all the money to see MORE fim footage of the Beatles acting like goofballs"? uh YEAH! :lol:

Unfortunately, that's the only one that's really worth watching. The Yellow Submarine was mostly without the Beatles' involvement at all, Let It Be was a documentary of the split-up in the making, and everything else was just them running around like idiots with some bits of them lip-syncing their songs. They stopped making movies because they broke up, with the Let It Be documentary being pretty much a slow-motion trainwreck. I guess watching them run around acting goofy could be fun, but these were really low budget (Magical Mystery Tour looked like it was filmed entirely on an abandoned airfield, and the bus just driving in small circles), definitely something that can be entertaining if you're high or something. I'm glad they stopped making stuff like that, but too bad they didn't do more stuff like Hard Day's Night, which was a totally legit movie, even if it was made for the soul purpose of promoting an upcoming album.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:06 pm

Besides Yellow Submarine, I've only seen Help!. Been wanting to see A Hard Day's Night for years now, someday I'll be sure to. I owe it to myself being a huge Beatles fan since my preteen years, darnit!
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:38 am

For the 1987 Dale Brown novel Flight of the Old Dog to be made in to a major film with Timothy Olyphant as the lead. Mabye some of the sequels such as Day of the Cheetah also.
Last edited by movieartman on Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:07 am

View Original PostOrnette wrote: too bad they didn't do more stuff like Hard Day's Night, which was a totally legit movie, even if it was made for the soul purpose of promoting an upcoming album.

I guess it worked, as I hadn't bought any Beatles music before then - though I still didn't until Rubber Soul. But I saw Hard's Day's Night with Marianne Faithfull.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:24 pm

For Japan and China to make an anime together.

For that matter, i wish Chinese animation wouldn't have seen itself affected by the cultural revolution an continued to evolved in the direction they had back in the 60's or so.

mechashiva
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby mechashiva » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:38 am

View Original PostOrnette wrote:Unfortunately, that's the only one that's really worth watching. The Yellow Submarine was mostly without the Beatles' involvement at all, Let It Be was a documentary of the split-up in the making, and everything else was just them running around like idiots with some bits of them lip-syncing their songs. They stopped making movies because they broke up, with the Let It Be documentary being pretty much a slow-motion trainwreck. I guess watching them run around acting goofy could be fun, but these were really low budget (Magical Mystery Tour looked like it was filmed entirely on an abandoned airfield, and the bus just driving in small circles), definitely something that can be entertaining if you're high or something. I'm glad they stopped making stuff like that, but too bad they didn't do more stuff like Hard Day's Night, which was a totally legit movie, even if it was made for the soul purpose of promoting an upcoming album.

Yeah, I should have explained better I've seen all of the movies they've done. The only one I haven't really watched that much was "Let it Be" because its just sad and super tense. It has its moments but it feels like the super awkward Thanksgiving dinner where Timmy comes back from college with his new boyfriend and everybody just doesn't want to bring up how put out they are by it even though they are and just don't want to say anything.

Hahah, don't underestimate how amused I could be by the Beatles running around acting like goofballs. "Help" I've kind of gone back and forth on even though its funny in parts and it has a lot of
:misato_service:* but the Beatles were kind of phoning it in at that point. Apparently they spent a lot of their off-time smoking weed and messing up their takes (Ugh, those outtakes would have been hilarious to watch) and "Magical Mystery Tour" is kind of ineptly charming. Its not a well-made movie but it has its moments despite the limitations of making a movie but not really knowing how.

I guess what I mean is I wished they made another movie on the same caliber of A Hard Day's Night before they broke up or got sick of being Beatles in general.

*do not tell me that the part where Paul shrinks out of his clothes and is running around on the floor wearing nothing but a Wrigley's gumwrapper is not some kind of fanservice :shifty:
"Every child is an artist, the problem is staying an artist when you grow up."-Pablo Picasso

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:54 am

A couple like korrasami or bubbline but that is allowed to actually be canon without having to hint but not show (Korrasami) or keep it contained to the comics and only barely mention it cause CN are dicks (Bubbline).

Seriously if you don't want to have gay characters in your show that's fine but don't create ambiguosly gay characters and then not follow up on that, cause nobody likes queerbaiting.
Or in the case of these two examples: hey Nick and CN people would respect you more if you would let the writers do what they wanted.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

StarShaper7
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby StarShaper7 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:38 pm

The one thing that might bring me back to watching LoK is if that happened. And I totally want Marcy and PBubbs to be more than just best friends. But they won't.

Don't blame Nick and Cartoon Network for something they can't do. The only way to get non-hetero characters in mainstream channels aimed at children would be if the majority of parents thought that their children should be exposed to such themes. But even the ones in support of LGBT might think their children aren't ready for the exposure and might cause problems, especially in cases where non-heteronormative elements weren't in the original premise of the show.

I'd like a Cartoon Network (because the shows on Nick bore me) show where non-hetero characters are featured prominently (and make out passionately). But for something like that to air on Nick or CN, they'd have to be in a position where such a move wouldn't cause trouble for them. We aren't quite there yet. The best we can hope for a little nods from the creators.

I also want Grant Morrison's movie proposals to actually get made into movies. It's a crime that Mark Millar's comics (except the first Kick-Ass movie) are getting adapted and his scripts are stuck in development hell.

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Re: Your entertainment wishlist?

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Fri May 27, 2016 3:21 am

Thread resurrection...

Hey guys any new hopes you want to share? Did any of your previous ones come true?

A few of mine did...
View Original Postmovieartman wrote:Comics - For Martian Manhunter to get his own ongoing series and soon, with a high class artist. (Ivan Reis?)
Came true!, He got a 12 issue series which just wrapped up last week. Reis was not on art but Eddy Barrows did damn good work on the title.
SPOILER: Show

Film - For Marvel to never make a Civil War movie.
Did not come true but I am thankful for such as its clear they made something better then the comic series they adapted.

Tv - For Justified season 6 to be its greatest season and be a perfect end to the series
It wasn't its greatest season but it was great and the last scene in the finale was a perfect ending.

Film - For Interstellar to be amazing.
Tv - For the rumors of Netflix picking up Longmire to come true.
Came true!
Last edited by movieartman on Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:11 pm

Well the NGE blu-ray set I wished for came true, unfortunately it costs an arm and a leg and lacks English subtitles so it's a no-go right now. As far as the Kojima-directed MGS6 starring The Boss, well, that's not happening for obvious reasons. Time for some new additions:

Films:

Girls und Panzer live-action movie (Japanese, not Hollywood)
Hogan's Heroes 1080p remastered blu-ray set

And since Hollywood is on the all-female reboot train...
Rambo all-female reboot (preferably with a clone of Linda Hamilton playing Rambo)
The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly all-female reboot
Indiana Jones all-female reboot
The Terminator all-female reboot
Kelly's Heroes all-female reboot
Full Metal Jacket all-female reboot

Video Games:

New first-person or third-person shooters set during the following wars:
Vietnam
American Civil War
Franco-Prussian War
Spanish-American War
Korean War
World War 2 in the Italian theater of operations
World War 2 in the Pacific theater of operations
Russian Revolution
Mexican Revolution
[Redacted]

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:03 pm

I haven't heard anything about Sam Raimi's The Shadow for years, but I keep the porch light on.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Re: Your entertainment wishlist? BD

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:00 am

DS9: Return of the Sisko. Never going to happen.

A full tower NZXT Phantom that doesn't have shitastic side panels, but does have easy, screwless mountings for 2.5" drives.
And a motherboard tray. And a retractable handle that fits seamlessly into the top bezel.
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Tumbling Down
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Tumbling Down » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:31 am

I hope you enjoyed oogling the packaging for this DVD set that was supposed to be released in November 2005. This eleven year long wait has just been terrific! It'd be nice if they actually released the set, though. I'd love to watch it after playing Portal 3, right before going to New York to see the Broadway premiere of the Death Note musical.

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:44 pm

Last edited by movieartman on Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:28 pm

Last edited by movieartman on Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Director Black
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Director Black » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:40 pm

Quite a few:

David Lynch directs and writes a movie that takes place inside the mind of Trump.
Book of Mormon gets adapted into a movie.
The 21 Jump Street revival (Lord and Miller version) gets turned into a new TV show.
Season 3 of Rick and Morty sees the return of Snowball and Zeep Zaporg.
Barron Trump becoming a meme in Japan leads to an anime getting created about his life.
Anywhere Can Be Paradise as Long As I Have the Will to Live...

...after all, I am Alive, So I'll Always Have the Chance to Be Happy.

Falcon_of_the_Sun
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Falcon_of_the_Sun » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:53 am

Let's see

- Stephen King's The Dark Tower epic turned into a quality TV series with Matthew Mac in it (either as Eddie or as the Gunslinger, can't decide)

- A new SEGA console with the best Virtua Fighter yet, a new Panzer Dragoon along the lines of Orta, a multiplayer Virtual On, Shen Mue 3 (this last oen is actually happening)

- The rest of Attack on Titan on anime NAO

- Radiohead to make one last record to then break up

- HD remake of Eva 1-24' and EoE which is pretty much and exact copy of the old ones, except updated to state of the art graphics&sound and fostered by a budget that could fix the next financial crisis and just a tiny bit more of explanations, to put to rest all the silly theories

- A new Alien franchise movie that can hold a candle to Aliens

- the new Ride record not to suck compared to Nowhere

- publishing of the last three Lone Wolf books

- Roger Federer to win an 8th Wimbledon title beating Nadal in the semifinals and Djokovic in the final

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”