Your entertainment wishlist?

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:24 am

So many Korrasami hints dropped im wishing it was canon at this point.......most likely will just end up to be bait though because "its a kids show we cant do that!!", same ass-backwards reason bubbline cant be shown on screen...
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:32 am

Nickelodeon don't deserve Korra.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:38 am

Amen, seriously though if they make her get back together with mako i will punch something, it will ruin both characters even more than season 2 part 1 already did.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:49 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:One of the UK releases [of Gunbuster], at least, has extensive censoring of the bath scene,

I checked this; the release was from Revelation/Kiseki on VHS and DVD (transferred with interlace in its full glory, and hard subs of course), and in the bath scene 36 secs is censored. You still see some nipples, but the underwater view and any full-frontal (usually Jung Freud) is replaced, not with what I said before, but with the image scanning up the superstructure that comes just after that scene - while the voices (and splashes) continue unaffected. However, because it's so old in origin, this release has the original music, which is why I've kept it.

{EDIT} I've actually watched now, and the scene is shortened by 36 secs as well as about half the images in the remaining two minutes being changed.

Kiseki was a pretty dodgy company, as was Revelation that bought them, but their release is still the only UK release that Gunbuster has had (I said two above, but on checking, my other one is actually from Hong Kong).

For interest, here is a fairly comprehensive list of anime censored in Britain, largely dating back to the VHS era: http://mangamuncher.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/censored-anime-in-uk.html

PS: The matter of the music in ep 1 that got replaced - yes, the remastered Japanese set has the changed music, even though the change was originally done specifically for the US market. I prefer the original, and may patch it into my viewing copy.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:48 pm

Udon comics has been doing pretty well with their Street Fighter Comic books.

I'd like to see an interconnected Comic book universe with Capcom's other properties.

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:12 pm

Last edited by movieartman on Fri May 27, 2016 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:18 pm

I want a Disney cartoon that progressively touches on transgender issues so I can join in with other internet nerds in sexualizing it and put my foot on the films metaphorical neck to take one step closer to heaven by violence.*

*My new favorite phrase. Thank you, Michael Kirkbride.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:13 am

^ Wait about......50 years or so, then maybe.

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

My dream.... BP

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:53 am

Bring back BattleBots, but scale it up to Zoids: Century Zero, including robot judges that bombard an offending team from space.

I would then have a sport I could finally get behind, besides podcasts of SupCom: FAF matches (my own hobbies bore me). I hear people keep trying to call football domesticated warfare. Pffft, as if.
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:08 am

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:^ Wait about......50 years or so, then maybe.

I'd like to think Disney would be more progressive than that.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:15 pm

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:^ Wait about......50 years or so, then maybe.

It's not that big of a hurdle. They already made a lesbian incest movie.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:54 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:It's not that big of a hurdle. They already made a lesbian incest movie.

True, and a lesbian take on sleeping beauty.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:27 pm

I wouldn’t go as far as to say that either film suggests incest or homosexuality, rather that “true love” isn’t always sexual. It’s hard to ague against the notion that a mother can truly love her children and not have to fuck any of them.

Unless this is all some sort of sarcasm that I can’t see through the internet. In which case, LOL!

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:46 pm

Its sarcasm. To quote honest trailers: because if your movie comes out after frozen, true love is only between two girls.....aw yeah.
Though you could argue in frozens case because somebody seems to have mistaken elsa for the love interest in the script, seriously the amount of unintentional subtext in that film is just...

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:59 pm

I am very rarely sarcastic. I find total earnestness brings about more entertaining reactions.
the prophecy is true

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:00 pm

Frozen is unquestionably and unapologetically the most homosexual movie that Disney has ever made...and that is a great thing.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:49 pm

View Original PostGuy Nacks wrote:Frozen is unquestionably and unapologetically the most homosexual movie that Disney has ever made...and that is a great thing.

Heheh. That’s not saying much, as far as non-villainous, gay-coded/not-stereotypically-masculine-or-feminine Disney characters go.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:14 pm

To be fair, Elsa sort of is the villain. Then again, the 'villain' is actually miscommunication and naivete, which is weirdly sophisticated for a movie with a talking snowman and booger jokes.
the prophecy is true

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:46 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:To be fair, Elsa sort of is the villain. Then again, the 'villain' is actually miscommunication and naivete, which is weirdly sophisticated for a movie with a talking snowman and booger jokes.

Elsa was originally meant to be a standard villain, but this was changed partway through development.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:47 am

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:Elsa was originally meant to be a standard villain, but this was changed partway through development.

That explains why the lyrics to “Let It Go” sound more suitable for a villain song than it does a protagonist’s center piece. It also explains why the tune and melody sounds so lazily like a pop-song. During production they probably had to rewrite a more developed song’s score just to make it sound happier, and simply wet with whatever pop-song chord progression came to mind first.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”