[Manga] Dark Horse Licenses Tony Takezaki's Parody Eva Manga

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:21 pm

So very confused...Wasn't this long ago released in the States? My opening post for this thread was in 2012!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-07-06/dark-horse-adds-tony-takezaki-neon-genesis-evangelion-manga-volume/.76207
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:21 pm

Dark Horse is getting a little ridiculous with all of these Evangelion manga licenses. Next thing you know, they'll announce that that they've renewed the license for Girlfriend of Steel 2/Angelic Days!

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:42 pm

I wouldn't mind that, since ADV's release/translation seemed so-so. (I think I have my copies somewhere though.)

If someone could explain my above question, that'd be awesome because I'm very confused.

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:04 pm

Takezaki has 2 pieces in Comic Tribute, both titled Tony Takezaki's Neon Genesis Evangelion, although within each there are individual titles. From the Evageeks.org post, his volume includes the piece Episode 22 - At Least, Be Whole Grain (Rei running with the bread). So from this it looks like his volume, which came out in 2011, also includes his work for Comic Tribute, which came out a year earlier.
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Angel of Will
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Angel of Will » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:18 pm

Well, at least this means it shouldn't be so hard to get my doujin published when it's done in 10 years or something... maybe.
"Reality exists in a place unknown, and dreams exist within reality. And Truth lies in your heart."

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:33 am

This is unrelated to doujins. This "tribute" manga was still officially done by Gainax/khara. Takezaki is a pretty prominent artist who has been around for decades and also did a fantastic, official Gundam parody manga some years back. That's likely the reason he was hired to do this in the first place.

Unless you magically manage to suck up to gainax/khara, noone will rubber stamp your doujin.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Angel of Will
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Angel of Will » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:42 am

----☆

The more you know.
"Reality exists in a place unknown, and dreams exist within reality. And Truth lies in your heart."

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:02 pm

Anybody have this one? (Eva-01 eating ramen on the cover, not to be confused with the chibi Eva-01 book featuring various artists.)

Read a little at Barnes and Noble, and it's pretty hilarious. Has some of the jokes I remember reading in my Japanese NGE2 comics anthology & random online scans from THAT BOARD many a Moon ago.

I'm very tempted to buy it, but funds are tight at the moment! Related, I didn't see the Chronicle Side A book anywhere, though I searched all over for it.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”