Superhero Films & TV

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Blue Monday
Evangelion
Evangelion

Superhero Films & TV

Postby Blue Monday » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:09 pm

Dedicated thread for discussion of films and TV series of the superhero genre.

View Original Postmovieartman wrote:ROSARIO DAWSON has been cast in an unknown role in Netflix Daredevil series.

Of all the things that are coming out next year, Daredevil and Josh Trank's Fantastic Four reboot are probably the only two I'm actually excited for*

DD's casting so far has been superb, especially with Vincent D'Onofrio as Kingpin. Rosario Dawson is gorgeous - she'd make a fantastic Elektra or Echo (personally hoping on the latter - would be great to see a more underrated character get some limelight).

*Ant-Man too but not so much now that Edgar Wright is not directing.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:15 am

Let us all have a moment of silence for the Bill Murray as Batman film that will never be made.

movieartman
Lilin
Lilin

Postby movieartman » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:02 am

Dawson might also be Typhoid Mary or White Tiger... Hmmmmm, I do hope for a ass kicking role and not a standard girlfriend role.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:44 pm

I hope the Daredevil movie isn't as ponderous and Frank Millery as the other one was. I'm okay with comic book movies avoiding camp but some are so desperate to avoid it they run face first into the ol' chum-zone in trying to escape it.

Blue Monday
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Blue Monday » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:31 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Let us all have a moment of silence for the Bill Murray as Batman film that will never be made.

The next Bill Murray/Wes Anderson collaboration needs to be the re-imagining of some obscure Golden or Silver Age DC character, like the original Sandman. Either that or possibly Jack Knight/the 90s Starman.

View Original PostChuckman wrote:I hope the Daredevil movie isn't as ponderous and Frank Millery as the other one was. I'm okay with comic book movies avoiding camp but some are so desperate to avoid it they run face first into the ol' chum-zone in trying to escape it.

Tone-wise I pretty much just want the Bendis-Maleev run translated into live-action.
Warren Peace, #643919

ChaddyManPrime
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:49 pm

Another rumor for Miss Dawson is that she is playing Misty Knight or Milla Donovan.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:25 pm

I'd like to see a Film adaptation of Irredeemable and Incorruptible. . . but I'm not sure how it would work personally.

What are some superhero Comics aside from the big two you'd like to see turned into a movie/TV Show?
I’ll escape now from this world, from the world of Jean Valjean, Jean Valjean is nothing now! Another story must begin!
Avatar: "There's a Starman, waiting in the sky. He'd like to come and meet me, but he thinks he'd blow my mind."
Phew, I’m not tense anymore… now I’m just miserable.
People say "be yourself" but that's bad advice, if we were all to "be ourselves" many of us would stop wearing clothes. -Chuckman

ChaddyManPrime
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:13 pm

Did anyone know that Preacher is gonna be adapted into a live action tv series on AMC?

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:27 pm

I don't think Preacher really qualifies as a "Superhero' TV Show.
I’ll escape now from this world, from the world of Jean Valjean, Jean Valjean is nothing now! Another story must begin!
Avatar: "There's a Starman, waiting in the sky. He'd like to come and meet me, but he thinks he'd blow my mind."
People say "be yourself" but that's bad advice, if we were all to "be ourselves" many of us would stop wearing clothes. -Chuckman

movieartman
Lilin
Lilin

Postby movieartman » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:54 pm

beautiful unfinished age of ultron concept art
http://cdn.bleedingcool.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/avengers-age-of-ultron-giant-poster.jpg?9098e0

ant man poster

affleck as batman

EDIT ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DREAMS DO COME TRUE

ChaddyManPrime
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:27 pm

^
Can I just say how awesome Gal looks as Wonder Woman? She looks so badass, far better than what I was expecting.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:36 pm

Yeah. . . I'm still not too optimistic for this Batman v Superman movie. I hope its good, I don't want it to be terrible, but it just looks like its gonna be a mess filled with too many characters and not have enough time to develop them all.

Why does everything in DC movies have to be dark grim and gritty? Supes and Wonderwoman are supposed to contrast with Batman, be beacons of light in a dark world. I liked Man of Steel, but c'mon Snyder brighten them up!

=

Gendo'sPapa
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:30 pm

I saw Man of Steel. I expect more the same nonsense only instead of Michael Shannon punching Superman it'll be Ben Affleck in a Batman suit.

Can't get excited.

Blue Monday
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Blue Monday » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:48 pm

Not sure why I'm so optimistic about this movie. Probably to do with the casting and Josh Trank directing.
Warren Peace, #643919

movieartman
Lilin
Lilin

Postby movieartman » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:57 pm

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:

Not sure why I'm so optimistic about this movie. Probably to do with the casting and Josh Trank directing.

heh, thats exactly why most people are not optimistic about it.
i do love me some kate mara tho, im with you, that said that whole line about them treating the powers as disabilities is.... no!

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:59 pm

I'm confident it will be at least modestly good . . .

Shinoyami65
Seed
Seed

Postby Shinoyami65 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:02 pm

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:

As far as I remember, the original FF team is whiter than ground snow so who's the black guy playing?
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:57 pm

I hope it's Johnny Storm and they don't explain it, so I can feed on nerd rage and grow in psychic might.

Blue Monday
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Blue Monday » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:21 pm

Kate Mara is gorgeous, Miles Teller is a dead ringer for a young Reed Richards (probably one of my very favourite characters in the MU) and Michael B Jordan is a fantastic actor. No pun intended. I just finished watching S4 of Friday Night Lights the other day and he was brilliant in it. Obviously I'm hoping Trank doesn't use the exact same formula as Chronicle but there are a few things in it a Fantastic Four film could benefit from, I reckon.
Warren Peace, #643919

StarShaper7
Arael
Arael

Postby StarShaper7 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:22 pm

I liked Chronicle. It's not a superhero movie, but it does give me the feeling that Trank could capture the spirit of the Marvel characters and even augment and express it in a way that will appeal to a modern movie-going audience. The characters were created to be flawed and rife with potential for personal drama. Chronicle was all that times ten, except the characters were never meant to be superheroes. One might worry that Trank will take the 'hero' bit out of the equation for FF, but I think he'll have the heroics in there, however they will most likely be somewhat downplayed. I'm guessing there will be a focus on failure (to be a hero, to be *x role character believes they should fulfill*), drama that's more intense than in stuff like Avengers, and the humor won't be as prominent as it is in other movies based on Marvel's source material. But I'm only basing this off of Chronicle. For all I know this could turn out to be just like The Avengers. I guess I'm just hoping it will be a different kind of superhero movie, a breath of fresh air.

Maybe Human Torch and the Thing are more than just best buds in this one? :devil: :lol:

Return to “Film and Video”