[MANGA] [NGE] Volume 10's release

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

[NGE] Volume 10's release

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:12 am

According to amazon, it's going to be released in 10 April 2007!
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

the3rdchildren
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby the3rdchildren » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:36 pm

Good to know there isn't a very long wait then.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:57 pm

Before anyone gets ahead of themselves, Amazon appear to be the only one even listing it at this point. April 10th of next year seems like an awfully large over-estimation to me. The Japanese edition came out at the end of March, and translation work began in April at Viz. Carl Horn told me just a few weeks ago that November was his best estimate. And given that it typically takes 6 months start to finish on a single volume like that, November seems far more reasonable than next April.

So, I'm calling schenanigans on Amazon.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:28 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:Before anyone gets ahead of themselves, Amazon appear to be the only one even listing it at this point. April 10th of next year seems like an awfully large over-estimation to me. The Japanese edition came out at the end of March, and translation work began in April at Viz. Carl Horn told me just a few weeks ago that November was his best estimate. And given that it typically takes 6 months start to finish on a single volume like that, November seems far more reasonable than next April.

Around the end of 2005, Amazon had Vol10 listed around April 2006 so I pre-ordered it. Come Feb 2006, they sent me an email and said they couldn't stock the item so canceled my order.

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby TriLink » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:07 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:Before anyone gets ahead of themselves, Amazon appear to be the only one even listing it at this point. April 10th of next year seems like an awfully large over-estimation to me.

Yea, I think it's safe to say that Amazon's manga release dates are about as reliable and punctual as a hookers period :? Still, I guess it's comforting that vol 10 is so close now after all this time. I don't like to read online transcripts, so I'm still stuck at the end of vol 9.

WES512
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby WES512 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:16 am

Here in Argentina, each volume is released as two parts. The publisher is Ivrea. So for volume 10 I will get volume 19 and 20 separately. The release date for Vol. 19 is stated for October 5th. And on December 2006 Vol. 20 will hopefully get released as well.
[url]http://www.editorialivrea.com/ARG/imagenes/noticias/evangelion_19.jpg[/url]

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:32 am

WES512 wrote:Here in Argentina, each volume is released as two parts. The publisher is Ivrea. So for volume 10 I will get volume 19 and 20 separately. The release date for Vol. 19 is stated for October 5th. And on December 2006 Vol. 20 will hopefully get released as well.
[url]http://www.editorialivrea.com/ARG/imagenes/noticias/evangelion_19.jpg[/url]

That's interesting. Is that generally how it works in Argentina? Are the volumes of most manga series split in half? What is the reason for doing that? How much do they cost?

WES512
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby WES512 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:35 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:
WES512 wrote:Here in Argentina, each volume is released as two parts. The publisher is Ivrea. So for volume 10 I will get volume 19 and 20 separately. The release date for Vol. 19 is stated for October 5th. And on December 2006 Vol. 20 will hopefully get released as well.

That's interesting. Is that generally how it works in Argentina? Are the volumes of most manga series split in half? What is the reason for doing that? How much do they cost?

Actually, all of the manga released here is published as a single volume. Evangelion and a few other series are an exception to this. I don't know the reason to do this, probably a business or budget matter. As for the cost, the price ranges from 2.60 U$D (8 pesos) to 5.80 U$D (18 pesos). Evangelion costs 2.60 U$D.

thewayneiac
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby thewayneiac » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:36 pm

I hope Viz markets Vol. 10 properly. Remember how it seemed to be almost impossible to get ahold of a copy of Vol. 9?
Rejoice, glory is ours. Our young men have not died in vain. Their graves need no flowers. The tapes have recorded their names.
I am all there is.
Negative! Primative! Limited! I let you live.
But I gave you life.
What else could you do?
To do what was right.
I'm perfect, are you?

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby cat42 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:46 pm

Really? I've seen it in every comic book store I've bothered to look for it in, and Amazon has it in stock.

thewayneiac
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby thewayneiac » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:15 pm

cat42 wrote:Really? I've seen it in every comic book store I've bothered to look for it in, and Amazon has it in stock.

They must have eventually solved whatever the problem was. It came out in Nov. 2004, and there were people complaining here that they still hadn't received their copies in Feb. 2005. See the thread called "Is Vol. 9 in stores yet?" for details.
Rejoice, glory is ours. Our young men have not died in vain. Their graves need no flowers. The tapes have recorded their names.
I am all there is.
Negative! Primative! Limited! I let you live.
But I gave you life.
What else could you do?
To do what was right.
I'm perfect, are you?

MrPhil
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby MrPhil » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:57 pm

I'll probably be waiting even longer for Vol. 10. First Singaporean publisher has to Chuang Yi release it (they use Viz's scripts by the looks of it), then it'll have to be released in Australasia (The Chuang Yi's mangas are distributed here by Madman).

All this for consistency in releases, I normally don't give a stuff regarding DVDs; but oddly do for these manga.

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby TriLink » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:10 am

The Eva Monkey wrote:Before anyone gets ahead of themselves, Amazon appear to be the only one even listing it at this point. April 10th of next year seems like an awfully large over-estimation to me. The Japanese edition came out at the end of March, and translation work began in April at Viz. Carl Horn told me just a few weeks ago that November was his best estimate. And given that it typically takes 6 months start to finish on a single volume like that, November seems far more reasonable than next April.

*SIGH*

It looks like I won't be getting that one Christmas gift I REALLY wanted after all.
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

anatrok
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby anatrok » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:06 am

http://www.viz.com/products/products.php?product_id=6492

viz says April 10, so it MUST be true...

Big Panda
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Big Panda » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:14 am

Fun, that's how it works in Brazil too...

Vol 19 and 20...
I guess it's time for a decent sig right? NAHHHHHHHH

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:29 am

I would wager money that Sadamoto will manage to put out another stage in one of the next few issues of Shonen Ace, and then they'll manage to get the Japanese volume 11 on stands before the english volume 10 gets published by Viz. And then we'll get to wait for TWO volumes.

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby cat42 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:35 pm

I would wager money that Sadamoto won't release another stage at least until after movie 1 of rebuild is out.
"...I follow you both online and offline, and I am a 4-dimensional manifestation of absolute evil..." - Reichu-tachi
"In all cases, eventually it becomes necessary to decide to 'deliberately betray the fans.'" - Yoji Enokido
I believe in the director of Eva 1.11.

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:50 pm

What is the wager that he will take another year or two hiatus from the project entirely?
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:24 pm

Oh come on, let's not be so pessimistic. He's been pretty good lately.

Dec - 70
Apr - 71
Jun - 72
Aug - 73
Oct - 74
Nov - 75
Dec - 76

Before stage 71, Sadamoto was doing one stage every three months. Since stage 71, he's been doing stages pretty consistantly. He skipped a few months, but he's making significant progress now, so I'm thinking he might just stick to it and finish the comic up in the next two years. If he sticks to 13 volumes, he's got 15 months minimum.

Carl Horn
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Carl Horn » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:37 am

The Eva Monkey wrote:I would wager money that Sadamoto will manage to put out another stage in one of the next few issues of Shonen Ace, and then they'll manage to get the Japanese volume 11 on stands before the english volume 10 gets published by Viz. And then we'll get to wait for TWO volumes.

I think Vol. 10 is either at the printers now, or should be sent there very shortly.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”