[LAEM] What would you cut?

The place for all of the old Live Action Evangelion Movie threads.

Moderator: Board Staff

master0rolando
Ireul
Ireul

What would you cut?

Postby master0rolando » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:01 am

now i assume they will take out the last two eps and use the EoE ending for this...

so that leaves 24 eps and a movie

24 eps = 720 minutes = 240 min per movie (not counting EoE)

now take out the Recap episode where al they do is review on everthing thats happened...690 minutes total...minus commercials, opening sequence and our Engrish "Fry me to moon"...(thats about 8 minutes per episode...23 X 8 = 184) so thats 506 min total...

NOW add EoE...wich is 94 min...so were up to 600 minutes....

200 minutes per movie...

thats 3 hours and 20 minutes per movie...which you may be able to get away with...

now honestly id cut the whole Jet Alone thing...because its not really important...i dont think anyway... so now its 576 mins...and id cut out the EoE Live Action sequences....i thought they were dumb and i couldnt see the point...thats about 6 mins...

so now 570 mins total...190 mins per movie...3 hours ten minutes...they can get away with that

...theres all kindsa little scenes and unimportant stuff they can cut or downsize...

so i think thats how itd go down...

and if i absolutely HAD to cut any Angel...it would be the computer virus one...seriously that one wasnt important...

ice reaper
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby ice reaper » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:08 am

now honestly id cut the whole Jet Alone thing...because its not really important

personally, i hate that episode with passion, but it did have a certain importence: it showed that SEELE/ NERV (somebody) didn't want other companies and organisations moving in on their are of expertise and so sabotaged jet alone to show everyone that NERV is the way to go and private companies are......shit.

i'd be fine with the three films exactly as you put them, but with an extremely edited jet alone-ish part. i think everything that needed to be cut has been in your post.

"The divine fall silent as the freil plea aloud"

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

Postby Kaysow » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:26 am

Apart from a select few scenes, they can easily cut out most of episodes 7 and 9-14. But they'll probably cut waaaaaaaaay more than that.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:27 pm

Kaysow wrote:Apart from a select few scenes, they can easily cut out most of episodes 7 and 9-14. But they'll probably cut waaaaaaaaay more than that.

I made this very same statement a while ago.

http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=463

While episodes like "A Human Work", may seem completely devoid of activity, they do illustrate a few things. In this case, the outside pressure on NERV. Many of these details can be gleaned from the episodes and be worked into other parts of the script. These episodes aren't exactly overflowing with character or plot development.

I do hope they cut Jet Alone. I never did like that ugly robot.

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

Postby BobBQ » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:00 pm

Agreed.

While the Jet Alone episode served a purpose, the robot itself deserves to be shipped off to China Lake without a second glance.

Darius
Lilith

Postby Darius » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:36 pm

Yes, like everyone else..There is only those few scenes in the Jet Alone episode that are slightly important...

the majority of the action arc "can" be minimized since as you said Aaron, it is devoid of plot. All of the important scenes from those episdoes can be kept of course, and incorporated somewhere along one of the movies to have everything "flow" (like incorporating a quote into a sentance in an essay..same principle i suppose.)

zeaven
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby zeaven » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:11 am

Hmm... I've seen the series about 12 times now. I think it's time I go through and mark down my opinions on which scenes are important/unimportant (relatively speaking, of course).

The main bulk of cutting should come from episodes 8 to 14. Most of those angels should only get brief screen time, padded with the character development around it. God forbid they use a shot that shows time passing quickly where they dispatch those 6 angels in rapid succession. God, that would be terrible. Heh.)

But seriously. I'm going to do that. I have a lot of free time.

master0rolando
Ireul
Ireul

Postby master0rolando » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:48 am

[quote="ice reaper"]
i'd be fine with the three films exactly as you put them, but with an extremely edited jet alone-ish part. i think everything that needed to be cut has been in your post

my god im recieving praise on Eva monkey...my path to true Eva fandom is complete...im so happy...

i know how to do eps 8-14...MONTAGE....MUAW HAHAHAHA....

(everyone either runs aways or gets in fetal position and sobs...)

im just kidding...

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

Postby Kaysow » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:56 am

Oh that'd be so awful.

Now we have the second child with us. I wonder how she'll fare?

Montage!

The hour's approaching, just give it your best!
You got to reach your prime,
that's when you need to put yourself to the test!
And show us the passage of time,
we're gonna need a montage! (Montage!)
Oh, it takes a montage! (Montage!)

master0rolando
Ireul
Ireul

Postby master0rolando » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:00 am

do you know where i can find an MP3 of that?

ice reaper
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby ice reaper » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:36 am

master0rolando"][quote="ice reaper wrote:
i'd be fine with the three films exactly as you put them, but with an extremely edited jet alone-ish part. i think everything that needed to be cut has been in your post

my god im recieving praise on Eva monkey...my path to true Eva fandom is complete...im so happy...

i know how to do eps 8-14...MONTAGE....MUAW HAHAHAHA....

(everyone either runs aways or gets in fetal position and sobs...)

im just kidding...

it's about damn time someone accepted my praise! just because i don't say much doesn't meen i don't know my stuff.

....and i'd have to go for the phetal posistion and sobbing.

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Timstuff » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:37 am

I doubt they'll be cutting specific episodes, just like they didn't really cut specific chapters from Lord of the Rings for the most part. They're probably going to be looking at the series as a whole, and then picking and choosing which things they do and don't want. A good example is the episode "Both of you, dance like you want to win!" That particular angel battle will probably not see the light of day in the movies, but there were a lot of good moments in it that could still make their way into the movie in some form or another.

Think of it kind of like how it was in the mangas; there were a lot of things Sadamoto omitted, but he still managed to work a lot of stuff into the story through other means.

Mundane
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby Mundane » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:42 pm

Kaysow wrote:Oh that'd be so awful.

Now we have the second child with us. I wonder how she'll fare?

Montage!

The hour's approaching, just give it your best!
You got to reach your prime,
that's when you need to put yourself to the test!
And show us the passage of time,
we're gonna need a montage! (Montage!)
Oh, it takes a montage! (Montage!)

Youtube annihilated the ultimate montage Evangelion thing.

Was called Obligatory Eva Parody. But of course, they wipe out everything awesome. They took out Elfen Lied - Iris. Asses.
"Evangelion's some heavy shit. I've heard people get into serious philosophical debates on the internet. Then they jack off." -C4

Rahaquiel-2D1S
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Rahaquiel-2D1S » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:20 pm

They should cut out all the angel fights because it'll be a bad influence on kids.

NOT.

But seriously, if they do EoE, then Shinji choking his chicken might scare some viewers off. Shinji being near Asuka's bed it okay, but they should cut out Shinji playing with himself and him turning over the sheet revealing Asuka's boobs because the masturbation and the revealing of the breasts don't make sense without eachother.
Haunted dolls? If Rozen Maiden ever taught us anything it would be to look under it's dress.

<No animated GIF in sig, please. -Admin>

master0rolando
Ireul
Ireul

Postby master0rolando » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:15 pm

Rahaquiel-2D1S wrote:But seriously, if they do EoE, then Shinji choking his chicken might scare some viewers off.

Yeah...they should cut that.....also they may wanna cut Shinji jerking himself as well...

AuthenticM
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby AuthenticM » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:47 pm

Rahaquiel-2D1S wrote:Shinji being near Asuka's bed it okay, but they should cut out Shinji playing with himself and him turning over the sheet revealing Asuka's boobs because the masturbation and the revealing of the breasts don't make sense without eachother.

I highly doubt that scene will make it in the movie.
In my case, I refuse to go easy on the ignorant, regardless of degree. Hitler was ignorant. Joshua C. Whatshisface is ignorant. To me, they're in the same category of ignorant and stupid people who should have been left in some isolated corner of the world where they couldn't bother anyone. --The Eva Monkey

master0rolando
Ireul
Ireul

Postby master0rolando » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:50 pm

does it really need to be?

and i have yet to recieve a link to an mp3 of the Montage song...

*taps foot*

ice reaper
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby ice reaper » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:29 am

that scene NEEDS be be kept in ; _ ; there's so many fucked up things you get from there....yeah, it'll probably be illegal to do, but they could get around it......but alas, i doubt they will.

zeaven
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby zeaven » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:51 pm

It shouldn't be too hard to make what he's doing apparent without showing the result.

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

Postby Kaysow » Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:00 am

Yessa Baws

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=1D89E2744BDB42F9

Return to “Live Action Evangelion Movie”