Altered Concepts

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

EVA-01X
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby EVA-01X » Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:07 am

*reads above posts* Nani...?!
Yes I am curious as well, I still love that movie!
The demon returns after a long slumber....
http://www.evamade.org/user.php?id.161
New Signature Image Policy
^Clicky for Evamade!

Phaze
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Phaze » Sun Jul 18, 2004 6:44 pm

Ah, it must be the Oompa-Loompas, I could tell they were satanic just by looking at them.
The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!

ShoKenju
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby ShoKenju » Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:17 pm

yes, the oompa loompas and the demons wonka is teh devil and the river of chocolate is river styx
a man within the trap of one sided love is a man torn beyond his imagination.
-----------
Reason = Virtue = Happiness

Super Mega Ultra Deluxe
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Super Mega Ultra Deluxe » Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:40 pm

Wow, mad props Hexon, especially the Lilith one :D

I'm saddened by the hate though, I have very high respects for Manson.

I'm not sure if I ever finished Chocolate Factory, but I'm not sure if I remember it as "satanic' :P though very cruel it may be.

Phaze
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Phaze » Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:52 pm

Asuka Langley wrote:Ugh, why must you be so narrow minded? -_-
I think the Marilyn Manson 'lilith' was a pretty cool idea. And regardless of what he looks like and/or does, he's a very intelligent man. :|

Man boobs... the true sign of intelligence.
The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!

Nephilim
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Nephilim » Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:59 pm

The guy made a very intelligent album with Antichrist, but then he just started to goof arround with public opinion. A wile ago i was so fanatic, but now i don't care about what he does. The guy is a clown, but an intelligent clown.
*insert cool signature here*

coff
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby coff » Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:00 pm

Well he makes a lot of money off that image. On music alone, he wouldn't be half as popular.

Asuka Langley
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Asuka Langley » Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:35 pm

Phaze wrote:
Asuka Langley wrote:Ugh, why must you be so narrow minded? -_-
I think the Marilyn Manson 'lilith' was a pretty cool idea. And regardless of what he looks like and/or does, he's a very intelligent man. :|

Man boobs... the true sign of intelligence.

Hey, if breasts signify intelligence, then I think women are definately on to something. ;)
We'll see whachu' got.

http://xrl.us/ccnh

Somnius Kenate
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Somnius Kenate » Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:10 am

From a satanic website:

The iconoclast has created his own kingdom according to his precise design, at the same time providing a wonderful world of reality / fantasy crossover for children of all ages.

This movie is indeed Satanic, & let Me explain why. Each participant harbors rather rotten personality traits, either insensitivity towards others, Letharginator neurosis, obnoxiousness, excessive gluttony, &/or disobedience. Total self-uncontrol. And the parents were spineless. Basically, they are all brats ----- except for one. The chosen one. He who demostrates deportment & consideration.

I Am reminded of Dr. LaVey's sign on the bookshelf in the purple parlour, "Do not remove books from shelves. Anyone caught removing books from shelves, will have their hands amputated." This is in fact, the exremely simular way in which Mr. Wonka operates his factory. Unfortunately for them, they did not bother to really read the disclaimer at the beginning of the tour. The question is, would it have mattered anyway?

For about the first 45 minutes or so, we become acquainted with the characters' predispositions towards the afore-mentioned traits.

There's Varuca Salt, an unsufferable brat devoid of manners. There's a TV-loving cowboy kid whose entire existence seems to be centered around the boob-tube. There's a gum-chewing girl who does not listen to advice when given, & then there's a German boy who can't get enough food ---- whatever it is. In every case, they exhibit irresponsible & just annoying tendencies that need to be abated.
Every one of these, after being tested, meets with an appropriate & poetic fate, all commandeered by the resident God, Willy Wonka.

The infamous "Golden Ticket," the instrument of their greed, brought them to The Chocolate Factory, but this is natural, for what candy-loving child can resist a trek into the wonderful world of Wonka?

Indeed, all of the events leading up to the gates seemed planned.

Within the hallowed walls of that chocomantium, there are total environments at every turn, each with their respective rides & attractions. Mr. Wonka makes a wonderful host; animated & witty. We get to see the "Umpa-Loompahs" from "Umpahland", & become familiar with their lore ----- it seems that kind Mr. Wonka took them in because they were being preyed upon by "Pernicious Knids", & other marvellous creatures from Umpahland. The Umpahloompahs provide moralistically compelling questions to the viewer with delightful little dances & songs.

Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory is a semi-musical & comical production, providing interesting insights & alternative techniques of moral instruction.

coff
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby coff » Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:24 am

Oh wow! That's so much clearer now! How could I have missed the satanism in this movie? (sarcasm in case you couldn't tell.)

That's a pretty big stretch. You could apply those same ideas to a lot of movies.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:32 pm

For me, the Satanic tones of Willy Wonka rely more on the character of Wonka; his comical indifference and suspicious wisdom. He is the master of his domain, and when people screw with his principles, they get destroyed. It may seem like a stretch, but it's one of those things you'd really only "get" if you really got your hands dirty in the tenets of Satanism. And even then, some people see it; some don't. And the statement that you could apply those statements to a lot of movies is not something being contested; it's just a much more raw illustration in Willy Wonka.

Anyway, I have nothing but respect for Manson. I personally think his voice is one of the more interesting sounds out there (despite his inability to sing well). People try to tear him down by calling him a lunatic and a poser, but if he were not a lunatic, who would be? When people call him a sick freak, it makes me smile, because I think it's cute when people consider themselves to be the definition of sanity and morality; it reminds me of my grandpa. If you would ever call him just a simple screamer, you obviously have a lot of homework to do. The intricacies of his work are not expected to be found in the music (though I'll not deny that there is something you aren't hearing). The esoteric content and application thereof in his albums are as intertwined and convoluted as those in Eva, perhaps moreso. And selling out? It depends on your definition of what this is. It's just an easy label for people who suddenly decide to do things we don't like because they get money. A world where you cannot be yourself and still change (as we all do) is a world in which people have no business living or forcing celebrities to live. I know I'd hate carrying the same image day-in, day-out just to keep people from thinking I was trying to impress anyone. (I though the Omèga thing was cool. What kind of world do we live in where you actually lose credibility for wearing plastic tits? I swear, some people need to buy socks other than white...) Oh, and by the way, no one is impressed that people know his name is Brian Warner (he never legally changed it), and he did not appear in The Wonder Years. He did not have ribs removed, did not get a sex change, did not fuck a goat onstage, did not chop off his own dick and continue singing, went to jail only one time, and was released a few hours later because he had done absolutely nil, and he probably didn't do half the stuff a lot of people think he did. (That thing about the deaf girl and the meaty golden shower, though; that was true.) If covering a girl in bologna and pissing on her in the shower (which she thoroughly enjoyed, mind you) makes you a bad person, then what doesn't? So, :P .

However, I don't want to turn this into a Manson thread. It's not relevant to Eva (according to general concensus, not me), so moving on...

Using my revisions? Sure, knock yourself out. I didn't draw the originals, so I don't own them or anything. It's public domain as far as I'm concerned. If the Weta artists have anything to say about it, let them speak up.

I guess Misato isn't so bad. The reason I don't like it is because at the time I was just messiing around, and it's not an accurate reflection of my aesthetic impression of the film. Oh, and the sleeves need work.

BTW, did you spot everything I changed about the plugsuits? I didn't think they were terrible (yes I did), just overdone. And the pilots were in desparate need of some serious plastic suregery and liposuction. :lol: It may be just concept art, but if it's the only thing we're going to see for a while, I'd rather be comfortable seeing it.
Last edited by Hexon.Arq on Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Asuka Langley
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Asuka Langley » Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:27 pm

<3 what you say about Manson.

Moving along;
I noticed that you removed the "EVA" letters from their chest. As well as the things they had on the knees... I think.
That, and you remolded their faces to look not so hideous. :D
We'll see whachu' got.

http://xrl.us/ccnh

EVA-01X
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby EVA-01X » Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:15 pm

Now I'm even more confused....... :?
The demon returns after a long slumber....
http://www.evamade.org/user.php?id.161
New Signature Image Policy
^Clicky for Evamade!

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:59 am

That's how I was at one time ,and there's only one cure. :wink:

At least, be humane.

_get some help

Karma Burn
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Karma Burn » Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:03 am

I respect Manson for his opinion, and that's about it. His deconstruction of the government and revolutionary ideas were interesting...for a few minutes. He can't sing. The only reason people like him is because of what he does. They like how does and says crazy stuff. They like like how he can get under someones skin and drive the 'norms' crazy! He's become one of many voices that the generation of bubblegum rage uses to drive their parents insane. My brother tends to play his 'New Shit' song incessently. My favorite comment has become; his new shit sound just like his old shit, which was shit.
"Everyone but me has gone fucking nuts. I'm the eye of the goddam storm." - Tycho, Penny Arcade (Or a very irrate Fuyutsuki)

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:26 pm

Well, I don't think anyone here is contesting that argument. However, I certainly don't feel that I'm out to enjoy something that is upsetting merely for shock value; I have no one to rebel against. But I guess we can't all float in the same boat. Keep in mind what can be missed when you take things for face value.

But anyway, off of Manson now.

_get some help

RubberSoul
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby RubberSoul » Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:47 am

Wow, those are really good revisions. The Marilyn Manson one is very entertaining to look at. I think I like the Rei alteration the best.
I can only take so much retarded.

NeonZ
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby NeonZ » Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:20 am

Hexon.Arq wrote:Willy Wonka is the first most Satanic movie I've ever seen. EoE is the second. "Destruction of the Ego necessary for spiritual rebirth." This exact wording is the Principle of Set. It's true that all interpretations are correct, but sometimes when hardcore Christians state that they love the anime, a part of me wonders, "Were you even paying attention?"

Eh... but, if you didn't notice, that destruction of the Ego is seen as a bad thing, Shinji rejects instrumentability... If he had accepted it, then you'd be right, but he rejected that principle.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:04 pm

Actually, his ego was destroyed, and he was reborn. The destruction of the ego is not bad, but painful (in essence; there is no pain in that state), and his decision to reject it is merely a necessary step we must all take. You must unlearn who and what you are before you can ever truly know and accept it.

The Ego of humanity was destroyed, and this was necessary for its Rebirth, so :P .

_get some help

Return to “Fan Works”