[Merch] Evangelion Merchandise 2, or, Why Do I Keep Buying Things!?

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Re: [Merch] Evangelion Merchandise 2, or, Why Do I Keep Buying Things!?

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:43 pm

That's so cool! :D Will you be reviewing it on your channel?

I just got my Evangelion 2 Unit 01 F-type Gashapon figure in the mail! This thing is way bigger than I was expecting. I bet it would be 5 inches or so standing upright. Now I have to find the Jet Alone from this set!
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:58 am

Deleted (My apologises I was unaware of a few facts regarding the site I posted)
Last edited by silvermoonlight on Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:07 am

e2046 is a recaster site. They don't "do" kits, they steal them.

They are evil, bootlegging pirates.

The garage kits in Japan are licensed by the IP holders. What recasters do is take both those kits and pre-painted PVC figures, thrown them into silicone and then start making money off of them without the permission of the original artists or IP holder.

e2046 are the scum of the earth. The tiny few actual original kits of their own that they have do not make up for their entire existence being supported by bootlegging.

If you have any respect for the original artist or the anime you like you should not be buying recasts nor promoting recaster sites.

Every hobby event in Japan you got to you will see the small time sculptors being ripped off don't mince words

EDIT: also this: https://twitter.com/D3Sedo/status/758111993467244544

Even in the west, which has a significantly small garage kit market you will see people who recast shamed and often permabanned from communities, and rightfully so.

EDIT: I do apologize if I sound harsh, but it's not directed at you. Recasters are a real blight on all modelling and making communities.
Last edited by TMBounty_Hunter on Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:55 am

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:e2046 is a recaster site. They don't "do" kits, they steal them.

The garage kits in Japan are licensed by the IP holders. What recasters do is take both those kits and pre-painted PVC figures, thrown them into silicone and then start making money off of them without the permission of the original artists or IP holder.

e2046 are the scum of the earth. The tiny few actual original kits of their own that they have do not make up for their entire existence being supported by bootlegging.

If you have any respect for the original artist or the anime you like you should not be buying recasts nor promoting recaster sites.

Every hobby event in Japan you got to you will see the small time sculptors being ripped off don't mince words

Even in the west, which has a significantly small garage kit market you will see people who recast shamed and often permabanned from communities, and rightfully so.

EDIT: I do apologize if I sound harsh, but it's not directed at you. Recasters are a real blight on all modelling and making communities.

I'm sorry I was unaware of this and have deleted above post.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:56 pm

It's the unfortunate reality that it's hard to be aware when it comes to Japanese resin kits. It's a fairly small market aimed entirely at locals. If you're trying to get into the hobby most of what you google up in english would basically lead you to recasters. They're fully aware Japan itself rarely wants to deal with foreigners and use that fact to be first in line with their own unauthorized reproductions. Over a decade ago when I got into model building I started out with recasts too because that was the only results that came up, but over time participating in the various communities, form scale models, to figures, and even to props you do learn what a poisonous effect recasting has.

It's an uphill battle if you want to buy legit, original kits, especially for event only kits from small time sculptors. You usually have to watch yahoo Japan auctions or site like mandarake.

Fortunately at least some companies that product licensed garage kits on a regular basis are opening up to foreigners, Volks being one of them. Their charagumin line has the Q ladies available.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:00 pm

What about that Unit 02? Is there a legitimate avenue for that?
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:16 pm

That super duper creepy, oozing one? I believe that was an event kit from Wonderfestival winter 2016 2015. Event kits = start camping Yahoo!Japan auctions and mandarake (i think there's a few places similar to mandarake as well by now but for the life of me can't remember what they're called).I'll dig up the sculptor name when I get home.

EDIT:

http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-3585.html

https://twitter.com/oyamaryu3333333

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:53 am

More Eva Lingerie. Now in Original Rei Blue, and Rei Q Plugsuit Black.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... n-lingerie

:facepalm:

I've made my opinions on Merchandise like this VERY clear on other threads.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:13 am

View Original PostRay wrote:More Eva Lingerie. Now in Original Rei Blue, and Rei Q Plugsuit Black.

It says they're "based on" Kaworu and Shinji, actually.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:59 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:It says they're "based on" Kaworu and Shinji, actually.

Yes. But more importantly, that model is ridiculously cute.

Also, if I was a girl in Japan I'd be in hog heaven. The amount of Eva-themed lingerie out there is insane.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:56 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:It's an uphill battle if you want to buy legit, original kits, especially for event only kits from small time sculptors. You usually have to watch yahoo Japan auctions or site like mandarake.

For those willing to try getting kits off Y! Auctions Japan, I think it's worthwhile to point out that the oft-made remark that getting originals is incredibly expensive is pretty much a myth. Sure, you need to pay a middleman service, but it's quite possible to get really good deals (I laugh at people claiming that buying B-Club 1/100 Gundam resin kits will cost you 300 dollars each before fees, it's bullshit...).

The important thing is to know to wait for a good deal and then pounce ^_^ .
The singularity is the rapture for nerds, dude. It's not going to happen. - Chuckman

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:51 pm

New Movic calendar coming out for 2017! It's slated for release in early November. Can't wait to see the new artwork!

They didn't do one for 2016, did they?
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:58 am

So this will arrive in my house in a few weeks time.

At least it seem to use the Saturn's high resolution mode, unlike some other Saturn artwork CD-ROMs... :um:

Youtube (not mine): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33uw7WvceTA
The singularity is the rapture for nerds, dude. It's not going to happen. - Chuckman

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:42 pm

Looks like the upcoming anniversary expo will have some exclusive swag available! Post cards, clear files, an 88 page illustration book and some really cute figures of Asuka and Rei in their dresses. Cute and expensive, of course. :tongue:

Charizard
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Charizard » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:38 pm

I'm really tempted to get the Soul of Chogokin SPEC Eva-02 (XS-08), but it's quite an expensive figure. Any advice on how I can hunt for it cheaply (say 150 CAD or less)?

SPOILER: Show

I've also looked at the original 2003 version (GX-15) and I can get it for cheaper, but apparently the 2008 version is better. What version offers better value, in your opinion?

SPOILER: Show
My main hobby is dressing up as a 14-year-old girl
Instagram|Cosplay Facebook

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:12 am

Try Mandarake.
There is one selling HERE at 10 000 yen (~120 CAD) with some damage on the corner of the box. Others in better condition can be found HERE and HERE.
I've purchased several figures from them and I've never had problems. Many are second hand but they are always in perfect condition.
You'll have to create an account, they accept paypay and ship through EMS.
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:19 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:e2046 is a recaster site. They don't "do" kits, they steal them.

EDIT: also this: https://twitter.com/D3Sedo/status/758111993467244544

I'm ashamed to admit I've considered buying from e2046 before. I haven't actually bought anything from them though, and now I know just how scummy they are I don't think I will. A pity as original GKs are...not easy to get in the UK, but given my intense dislike of knockoffs I'll take the high road and buy only legit kits. Not that I need any more modelling projects on the go at the moment, of course, with the hundreds of 40K models I have half-painted.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Charizard
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Charizard » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:18 pm

How much would an empty Paul Champagne metal DVD box be worth? I recently nabbed one for $10 (with a few scratches on it) and was wondering about the value.
My main hobby is dressing up as a 14-year-old girl
Instagram|Cosplay Facebook

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:27 pm

this exists  SPOILER: Show

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:54 pm

View Original PostCharizard wrote:I've also looked at the original 2003 version (GX-15) and I can get it for cheaper, but apparently the 2008 version is better. What version offers better value, in your opinion?

I spend $200 US plus shipping for mine, and feel it was one of the best model/toy purchases I've ever made. The Soul of Chogokin series is awesome, and the SPEC Evas are top notch. They are worth every penny IMO.

And yeah, go with the 2008 version.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”